Sep 13, 2019, 06:36 PM
OMG That is a FRANKENSTEIN ......something that died , got buried ,dug up and sorta brought back to life.... Run for your lives children .
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2019, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
OMG That is a FRANKENSTEIN ......something that died , got buried ,dug up and sorta brought back to life.... Run for your lives children .
Haven't had dinner yet & after looking at those pics , I'm not hungry now.

Also, I've seen vicT's posts on this plane & others as well.
I will pass on his mods.
Sep 15, 2019, 09:23 PM
It’s horrific. I love it.
Sep 23, 2019, 09:05 PM
Valiant on durafly tundra tires. Easy mod and flew great! These are the lighter foam version tires. Everything else was stock.
Sep 23, 2019, 09:30 PM
Only thing I would do different, is move the wheels in closer to the landing gear.
That would take some of the stress off the axles & would be less likely to bend the lower gear aluminum.
Sep 23, 2019, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Simmons
The gear and wheels serves my Funcub (and Valiant) perfectly. In addition to handling the weight like a champ, I get (just barely) enough clearance for 13" props in grass, wheels out of the way of the propwash. To mount it all I did was flatten the foam with a boxcutter and affix the gear to the foam on a bed of CA, adding a good layer of GOOP around the area, holding just fine, no other supports. Required no competence at all. Also grabbed the tailwheel and gear from the Funcub XL.

VicT, prolific fella, has a blog definitely worth eyeballing: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=1556

Plenty more, but here are some examples of his posts that are related to the Valiant:
Use hot glue to secure Valiant landing gear full forward
Valiant gear mod for Timber
Valiant gear for Apprentice
Using the Valiant 1.3 Landing Gear in another model
Valiant can slide on wheel pants with out wheels
Valiant 1.3 front wing holdown fixture failure
Valiant top battery door mod
Valiant 1.3 wing folding system details
Add a second elevator servo for split elevator surfaces
How to program the Valiant ESC prop brake
Looks great!
Sep 23, 2019, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
Only thing I would do different, is move the wheels in closer to the landing gear.
That would take some of the stress off the axles & would be less likely to bend the lower gear aluminum.
Good point I’ll cut the hubs off the back and that should help
Sep 23, 2019, 11:30 PM
Counting Cubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Simmons
The gear and wheels serves my Funcub (and Valiant) perfectly. In addition to handling the weight like a champ, I get (just barely) enough clearance for 13" props in grass, wheels out of the way of the propwash. To mount it all I did was flatten the foam with a boxcutter and affix the gear to the foam on a bed of CA, adding a good layer of GOOP around the area, holding just fine, no other supports. Required no competence at all. Also grabbed the tailwheel and gear from the Funcub XL.

VicT, prolific fella, has a blog definitely worth eyeballing: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=1556

Plenty more, but here are some examples of his posts that are related to the Valiant:
Use hot glue to secure Valiant landing gear full forward
Valiant gear mod for Timber
Valiant gear for Apprentice
Using the Valiant 1.3 Landing Gear in another model
Valiant can slide on wheel pants with out wheels
Valiant 1.3 front wing holdown fixture failure
Valiant top battery door mod
Valiant 1.3 wing folding system details
Add a second elevator servo for split elevator surfaces
How to program the Valiant ESC prop brake
This is one way to balance the plane with more weight towards the tail, I guess...
Sep 26, 2019, 03:30 PM

Propeller

Hello. It appears the prop for this has been discoed and is not available anywhere.

1) Has anyone run the Apprentise 11x8 on this?
2) Has anyone had issues with a 3rd party prop running loose with the spinner setup? The back of the stock prop is notched for the blue plastic ring frame of the spinner. Putting a APC on there it is pretty slippy against that piece without torquing the heck out of it.

Thanks!
Sep 28, 2019, 06:26 PM
Certified Aircraft Abuser

Valiant Props are back

Thanks GreyGhost4 for the heads up, this little plane flies so well with this prop, I would hate to make any changes.
Sep 30, 2019, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost4
Sweet, thanks for the link. BTW I ended up picking up a Apprentice 11x8 and the Valiant flew great with it.

Does anyone know if the outer tube for the rudder and elevator control rods are glued to the fuselage? Mine are loose and the movement seems to be fraying and widening the wholes in the side of the fuselage (she has lived a hard life). Wondering if some ca on the rods in those spots is the way to go.
Oct 01, 2019, 05:56 AM
Perpetual Noob
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcdic
Sweet, thanks for the link. BTW I ended up picking up a Apprentice 11x8 and the Valiant flew great with it.

Does anyone know if the outer tube for the rudder and elevator control rods are glued to the fuselage? Mine are loose and the movement seems to be fraying and widening the wholes in the side of the fuselage (she has lived a hard life). Wondering if some ca on the rods in those spots is the way to go.
The sleeves float on the rods. They are there to help stop the rods from flexing under stress. If you do tack them down, doing it where they feed through the fuselage would help reduce the wear.
Oct 06, 2019, 10:02 AM
Of the Apprentice S, the Aeroscout, and this Valiant 1.3 I have now, I like this Valiant Knight the best. The flaps and rugged front wheels, especially larger ones, give it more versatility. Note also the wide range of batteries you can use with it and the long flight time.

After I crafted new thumb screws for the wing, removing the wing for transport is quick. Not particularly fond of rubber bands (Apprentice), or bee buzzing planes (Scout).

All 3 are good planes, and the Scout is great for grab and go.
Oct 07, 2019, 01:07 PM
One thing this Valiant does that is strange, is that on landing, when the back comes down the craft veers to the right. Every time, and I have learned to quickly turn the rudder. Flaps up or down makes no difference. Good balance.

It rolls straight, takes off straight, no rudder applied at landing. Mystifying.
It has Timber wheels, but they turn freely.

Help...

Quick Reply