Jan 29, 2017, 03:56 PM
Lou
Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22
Yup

I've become an expert at skipping those posts. You'd be amazed at how little content there actually is in 100 pages!
Based on what the competition offers in size and colour I suspect that HH/Eflite should heed well some of those comments. Blue is a bad color for a color blind person as well it blends nicely with the sky. There are better, more exciting colors to choose from.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2017, 04:39 PM
Lower AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou
Any ability to change out the axles to longer ones; Is the axle a threaded bolt in or pressed in? These stock tires are too small for my field so I need a larger bush tire. What size tire did you order?
Was thinking of going with the Timber tires someday, the axles are screws. Imagine that you could use longer screws with a backing nut and hub for the larger wheels.
Jeff.....
Jan 29, 2017, 04:43 PM
On the ol' Interweb
For the folks looking for big bush wheels; Flyzone has an optional pair of 3.5" foam tundra wheels for the dH Island Wings Beaver that have a narrow hub. I like them because they're light, have the typical bush balloon tire shape, and they fit most standard length axles. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXELDX

I have them on my Mpx Pilatus and have some photos on my website: https://tazrc.com/pilatus (scroll down)

They might work well for the 1.3M Valiant.
Jan 29, 2017, 05:20 PM
RCAPA #005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou
Based on what the competition offers in size and colour I suspect that HH/Eflite should heed well some of those comments. Blue is a bad color for a color blind person as well it blends nicely with the sky. There are better, more exciting colors to choose from.
The stripes on the wing should help with that, though. Be careful though, these guys HATE when people have an opinion about ANYTHING related to the plane. I'd like it to be bigger, but wait- these guys already said they hate opinions.
Jan 29, 2017, 05:25 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
Speaking as a color blind flyer . I don't see blue or red or any other colors. I see shades of grey .
Contrast is what works for me. Color doesn't really matter.
Been dealing with since I started in the hobby in 1969
Jan 29, 2017, 06:21 PM
Lou
Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMeDo
Was thinking of going with the Timber tires someday, the axles are screws. Imagine that you could use longer screws with a backing nut and hub for the larger wheels.
Jeff.....
Cool ... thanks Jeff. Good to know it is a screw in axle. I have a Timber so I can always give those a try to see how they fit.
Jan 29, 2017, 06:23 PM
Lou
Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazRC
For the folks looking for big bush wheels; Flyzone has an optional pair of 3.5" foam tundra wheels for the dH Island Wings Beaver that have a narrow hub. I like them because they're light, have the typical bush balloon tire shape, and they fit most standard length axles. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXELDX

I have them on my Mpx Pilatus and have some photos on my website: https://tazrc.com/pilatus (scroll down)

These might be just ideal for the Valiant. I do have Timber tires to try but they may be too 'bulky' for the Valiant. This Flyzone tire may work quite well.

Thanks!
Jan 29, 2017, 06:34 PM
Lou
Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGBGTRacer
The stripes on the wing should help with that, though. Be careful though, these guys HATE when people have an opinion about ANYTHING related to the plane. I'd like it to be bigger, but wait- these guys already said they hate opinions.
Yeah ... I know.
Jan 29, 2017, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazRC

+1 on these tires. I bought these for my Pawnee Brave. They work well on the Sport Cub too. They have a nice straight line tread on them. They're not as soft as id hoped but still a nice alternative to the stock Cub or Pawnee wheels.

The moment some company comes out with Timber plush style wheels in a assortment of different sizes, they,re going to be raking in the cash.
Last edited by FoxProGT; Jan 29, 2017 at 08:22 PM.
Jan 29, 2017, 08:41 PM
Lower AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou
Mask off the Blue and paint it any color you like. RustOleum 2x paint and you can have any color you wish. I've used masking tape several times to change colors when I didn't care for the color of a plane.
Jeff.....
Jan 30, 2017, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMeDo
Mask off the Blue and paint it any color you like. RustOleum 2x paint and you can have any color you wish. I've used masking tape several times to change colors when I didn't care for the color of a plane.
Jeff.....
So basically just paint the whole plane LOL
Jan 30, 2017, 02:26 AM
The Ares Gamma 370 in the photo below was white with some red stripes before I painted "almost" all of it. If you look closely, you can see the red stripe on the right (starboard) wing

The UMX T28 has a lot of it's original color left, but it looks very different and is more visible.

Great fun..
Last edited by Grup; Jan 30, 2017 at 02:41 AM.
Jan 30, 2017, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grup
The Ares Gamma 370 in the photo below was white with some red stripes before I painted "almost" all of it

The UMX T28 has a lot of it's original color left, but it looks very different and is more visible.

Great fun..
Wow sorry but both those should win for ugliest plane and next ugliest plane of the year.
Jan 30, 2017, 02:47 AM
The T28 was based on a real one; see below. Was mine "more ugly" than the original?
Jan 30, 2017, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grup
The T28 was based on a real one; see below. Was mine "more ugly" than the original?
No same amount of ugly

Quick Reply