Jan 05, 2017, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Puckett
Tom, the Waco has much more wing area. It can fly very slowly but this is is very aerobatic as well.
Thanks...and cool!
My Pitts will slow down to just above walking speed. So ...this Waco will fly as slow as ...maybe a Night Vapor?

Tom

PS: Will probably have to get one eventually. But I've been seriously thinking of the new Cessna 182 UMX since I have flown a 150 and in RC do not have a tricycle LG general aviation plane. So as beautiful as this Waco is, I might get the Cessna first.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2017, 05:02 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Ohhh man that's a good-looking airplane. If somebody told me to draw up my ideal UMX plane, this is what I would show them, right down to that exact shade of blue.

I'll be picking one up as soon as it hits my hobby shop. Can't even remember the last time I wanted a foamie this badly. Shut up and take my money.
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Jan 05, 2017, 06:18 PM
Just Pre-ordered one from Hobbyzone and able to use their 10% off coupon to make it $114.
Latest blog entry: VA Models Christen Eagle
Jan 05, 2017, 06:20 PM
JohnVHRC
I was looking for coupons..
Latest blog entry: 94,5" Navy Cub
Jan 05, 2017, 06:26 PM
Sorry it was $117.
Latest blog entry: VA Models Christen Eagle
Jan 05, 2017, 06:38 PM
Beautiful for sure!!
Joe
Jan 05, 2017, 06:55 PM
Beautifully done. Will be adding the Waco to the hangar for sure. Nice job, Chris.
Jan 05, 2017, 08:12 PM
Parkstormer!
Beautiful plane and a good flyer, based on the video. There'll be room in my hangar, and a big +1 on hoping there's one in the 1100-1200mm class to follow!
Jan 05, 2017, 11:07 PM
This looks nice and if it's anything like the Pitts it'll be great. The Pitts is my favourite UMX of all time. I absolutely adore my Pitts. This looks like it's basically a blue and white version but maybe with a bit more aerobatic capability . I bet it's fantastic.
Jan 06, 2017, 12:04 AM
Subscribed!
Jan 06, 2017, 12:40 AM
Walked away from all landings

Waco vc Pitts - Durability

The Pitts is surprisingly quite a robust and durable little plane. It is relatively easy to repair and surprisingly does take a fair amount of punishment.

Will the Waco be as strong and durable as the Pitts or will it be significantly more fragile like the UMX Carbon Cub was.

Will not doubt be getting one regardless.............
Jan 06, 2017, 12:44 AM
**I'm Battman**
Happy New Year!

Another UMX Bipe to add to my fleet.

Looks great!

She will be wonderful on 3S.! ! !

Roger
Jan 06, 2017, 12:50 AM
Horizon Hobby Development
DonRhone,

The Waco is much more like the Pitts in its construction and durability. The Carbon Cub had a stamped under cambered wing, while the Waco is a molded wing like the Pitts. The flying wires are thin carbon rod like the Pitts as well.
Jan 06, 2017, 12:52 AM
Horizon Hobby Development
RCBABBEL, I don't think 3S will be needed on the Waco. The airplane is light and with the 3000kv motor on a 2 blade prop, the performance is pretty amazing.
Jan 06, 2017, 12:53 AM
Slow is the go!
Isn't there one of these on the US airshow circuit with a jet
between the wheels and didn't someone put a ducted fan
between the wheels of a UM Pitts!? Yeah off topic a bit but
just throwing it out there!

Here ya go the Screaming Sasquatch!
http://eaavintage.org/the-screamin-sasquatch/

Quick Reply