Sep 17, 2017, 12:34 PM
☠ -4º
I can't decide what I like more... p3 or 2nd gen sbach. If I had to choose it would be a Sophie's choice thing
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2017, 12:40 PM
Finally...another P3 fan....whew.
Sep 18, 2017, 03:30 PM
Anyone else have trouble with the servos on the rx board in the Waco? I got mine last April at the Toledo show. I put less than a dozen flights on it that month then sat it on a shelf. after almost 6 months I got it out this weekend and the elevator servo is dead. I assumed like the Pitts all I had to do was swap out the servo but I find the servos are on the Rx board and it costs $80. Not happy Not sure why they did it that way. Really don't feel like spending the money to fix it so it makes for an expensive static model. The aileron servos aren't bad but the internal servos on the bipes can be a PITA to change
Sep 18, 2017, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMoo
Anyone else have trouble with the servos on the rx board in the Waco? I got mine last April at the Toledo show. I put less than a dozen flights on it that month then sat it on a shelf. after almost 6 months I got it out this weekend and the elevator servo is dead. I assumed like the Pitts all I had to do was swap out the servo but I find the servos are on the Rx board and it costs $80. Not happy Not sure why they did it that way. Really don't feel like spending the money to fix it so it makes for an expensive static model. The aileron servos aren't bad but the internal servos on the bipes can be a PITA to change
No, but the servos on the brick can replace with this part:
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=SPM6836
Sep 18, 2017, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Yep! Maiden flight. Bout 2 weeks ago. Huge parking lot. Babble Batt 240. Balanced perfect. Girlfriend ( ex-Wife watching). Took off really pretty.
2-3 mph winds. Was loving it. Circled around and came directly in front of us for a pretty Fly-By, and right in front of us it winged over to the right,
and smashed into the pavement. Ex ask Me " what happened"? Me,,, Dunno. The last time I crashed a plane was the late 80`s, and so did several others
at the field, due to a radio hit. "We had a pissed off new home community build next to our site, and got shot down regularly."
That said, My Wife/Ex-Wife of 13 yrs, who goes w/Me regularly to fly. had never seen Me crash I turned 59 in May, and She is 54. I have been flying since
1974, and had My share of crashes until the late 70`s. Then the neighbors got p*ssed. (all nitro, w/noise)
I have not crashed a plane for DECADES, so when HH wants Me to pay to ship A BRAND NEW DEFECTIVE product BACK TO THEM, so that they can
inspect it, and MAKE A DECISION, I am beginning to rethink My R/c sources. HH "WAS"" always known as the customer service leader in the R/C
industry. "WAS" being the key. EVERYTHING in My Mancave came from HH. Not to mention all the lauding I did in their favor. I don`t know how much
it will effect HH, but I intend to use Amazon, Motion, and a couple others for E-Flite. I absolutely REFUSE to pack up, go out of My way (missing work)
and PAY to ship BACK a defective product, with the intent that, "We will look at it, and call You when We are ready" Moving on,,,,,,,
Sep 18, 2017, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by microheli
No, but the servos on the brick can replace with this part:
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=SPM6836
I have the same problem. Show Me a link for a tool that will diagnose which is which, and I will buy it.
How in the world would you find out which part is bad, unless You bought the new parts and went
the trial and error route. Not long ago, I could buy a UMX model, "worry-free" Those days are gone.
Unacceptable, for the price,,,,,,,,,,
Sep 18, 2017, 04:45 PM
can't resist a plane on sale..
Quote:
Chances are this is fixable! Call Horizon support to talk you through it or try this. Run the servo by hand to 1 end turning the cog wheel. Use some compressed air (air in a can) to blow out the servo channel. Run it to the other end. Repeat. You can also spray in some contact cleaner. Usually it's a bit of dust getting trapped somewhere. Good luck

Rich
Sep 18, 2017, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleinhenz
Chances are this is fixable! Call Horizon support to talk you through it or try this. Run the servo by hand to 1 end turning the cog wheel. Use some compressed air (air in a can) to blow out the servo channel. Run it to the other end. Repeat. You can also spray in some contact cleaner. Usually it's a bit of dust getting trapped somewhere. Good luck

Rich
Nope. Blow out the servos on a BRAND NEW PLANE? COME ON! Same thing happened to Me. Changing suppliers. I REFUSE to pay to ship back
a BRAND NEW DEFECTIVE MODEL. BULLCRAP> I have bought DOZENS of UMX models over the last few year, with not the 1`st problem, but that
is not the case now. Prolly 25/35 % on posts are problems. Overseas JUNK. Make it here, sell it here, FLY IT HERE. At least You won`t pay for a 3 week
boat ride. Horizon PRODUCES NOTHING!!! It`s all sales. NOTHING THEY SELL IS MADE HERE. Think about that. They are not a Hobby company.
They make their money off sales, off products produced abroad. Quality going South, Customer Service going South, what`s next?
Show Me a manufacturing plant owned by HH ANYWHERE in the world, let alone the States, and I will take back EVERYTHING I said. Your ball,,,,,,
Sep 18, 2017, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleinhenz

Rich
Ridiculous. I manually tried moving the servos many times, Sprayed with air and De Oxit, which I bought for OLDER models, w many flights.
I tried compressed air. deoxit, rebinding, all of this crap. This is a manufacturing issue. Period
Sep 19, 2017, 10:42 AM
I, for one, have had a good customer service experience..

My 1st plane was a waco. The wheel was sticking in the wheel pant, so HH shipped me a whole new bird. Sweet! Now, the new one did the same thing, but it IS fixable.

I think there IS a quality issue and I've had LOTS of things pop off recently with little to no contact. After adding some aftermarket glue, its SUPER strong. I do think their default glue to horrible...
Sep 19, 2017, 11:05 AM
All aboard Flight 666
At a LHS in LA, I bought a Waco. One of the Carbon struts had popped out and wouldn't stay in its hole, and the rudder horn was tweaked, allowing it to slip past the z bend. Obviously that could be bad while in flight.

I took it back and explained the two 'out of the box' issues, and they told me I could easily fix both issues with some glue. I told them I shouldn't have to fix a new plane, especially when one of the issues could cause a crash. I was looking for an exchange, btw.

When another employee came over and asked about the return, the first guy told him 'he doesn't think he should have to fix it' while rolling his eyes.

Obviously, won't be spending there again.
Sep 19, 2017, 01:43 PM
Call HH directly. That's how I got good service.
Sep 19, 2017, 02:44 PM
I called Horizon and talked to the CSR and they agreed to replace the main board. Before calling I did try moving the servo cog and the contact cleaner but no luck Now I'll look back in the thread to find the beast way to get this thing open. On my Pitts I just removed the canopy and cut the fuse just in front of the pilot down to the horizontal seem to make a hatch. My Waco is still pristine so I hate to tear it apart or cut it up
Sep 19, 2017, 03:02 PM
Fire Marshall Bill
A lot of drama stirred up for no real benefit! Should have just called HH straight away. For what its worth, HH told me (months ago) that mine was the first they had heard of doing the dreaded "servo reversal" in the box. I offered to send just the brick back. They declined and offered a new plane. I said just send the brick. Swapped it out, all OK. By the way, if they send you a brick you might get a little cable with it. This, I found out latter, is a "programmer" used to reverse on of the ail servos in the brick if needed. If your servos are not synced right, use this. But mine had no instructions. It does not work the way one might expect!
Sep 19, 2017, 03:48 PM
Walked away from all landings

Horizon Hobby - Great Customer Service

Quote:
When I received my WACO, on of the aileron servos was not operation properly, only sporadic movement. HH sent me a servo replacement, but it was the wrong one. When i opened up the WACO it turned out it was not the servo but the plug for the servo on the board. HH sent me a new board, too bad that the board can not be repaired but the conact for the plug on the board is too small for a human hand to solder, done by micro machines I assume.

HH does stand behind their products, that is the main reason I prefer buying items that they distribute and back.

Quick Reply