Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:58 AM
Find More Posts by ladysman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysman View Post
by looking at the dimensions for the battery bay, this battery won't fit as its about 4mm too tall. However, I wanted to check if this is case. I love these packs and being on sale it would be a good idea to get some. However, if they don't fit, they don't fit.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene...5c-w-xt60.html

Anyone from RMRC?
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2017, 01:38 PM
Find More Posts by zanderman111
The measurements on that pack seem weird to me. The dimensions of the1800 4s pack that we have been using for a year of testing are 106mm long, 34mm wide, and 28mm tall
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:12 AM
Find More Posts by ladysman
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderman111 View Post
The measurements on that pack seem weird to me. The dimensions of the1800 4s pack that we have been using for a year of testing are 106mm long, 34mm wide, and 28mm tall
I posted a ticket to RMRC asking and this is what I got back. Sounds like there is room left in the "tallness" side?

"I think we just used the measurement for the batteries we are using in the prototype. There is a bit more vertical clearance available. "
Old Jan 12, 2017, 06:03 PM
Find More Posts by Joecool73
Will they have spare motors and wings when the Alatus is released? Also, is the cockpit big enough to fit my micro vector inside of it? Granted the GPS will go on the wing. Also cant find any specs on the strix 2217 2300kv motor. Thrust data specifically. I cant find any other motor comparable to this one either. All other motors I looked at are like 900kv or so. I was going to buy just the kit since I have several emax rs2205 motors and they put out over 1kg of thrust. Also have several hw x rotor 40A escs. However Alex from RMRC said the rs2205 motor wont be nearly strong enough. He said that the strix 2217 motor puts out 750-800 watts on 4S. So my rs2205 motor wont work and my 40a esc wont work either since the 2217 motor is pulling nearly 50A under full load. So I guess Ill get the PNP version.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 06:11 PM
Find More Posts by Joecool73
Alex from RMRC just emailed me back, great customer service from RMRC. He said that, Yes we will have spare parts for the Alatus. Also, you can fit the micro Vector in it for sure uncased, I think that you can fit it in the case also but I haven't tried.
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM
Find More Posts by SirPoonga
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPoonga View Post
How long is each wing?
Anyone?
Old Today, 08:00 AM
Find More Posts by zanderman111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool73 View Post
Will they have spare motors and wings when the Alatus is released? Also, is the cockpit big enough to fit my micro vector inside of it? Granted the GPS will go on the wing. Also cant find any specs on the strix 2217 2300kv motor. Thrust data specifically. I cant find any other motor comparable to this one either. All other motors I looked at are like 900kv or so. I was going to buy just the kit since I have several emax rs2205 motors and they put out over 1kg of thrust. Also have several hw x rotor 40A escs. However Alex from RMRC said the rs2205 motor wont be nearly strong enough. He said that the strix 2217 motor puts out 750-800 watts on 4S. So my rs2205 motor wont work and my 40a esc wont work either since the 2217 motor is pulling nearly 50A under full load. So I guess Ill get the PNP version.
Yes we will have lots of spare parts available when the we get them in stock - which should be right at the end of this month or the first week of Feb.

The micro vector should fit! The carbon fiber plate has the standard 30.5mm FC mounting holes in it.

The motor is actually a Cobra motor - that should help you find the data you are looking for. But yeah you wont want a 2205 quad motor on this thing - this motor is FAST and very powerful. I would highly recommend the PNP - we have spent a year working on this plane and doing extensive testing. We really believe the PNP combo is excellent and truly race-ready. Depending on your skills you will be able to keep up with or beat the best hand made wings out there right out of the box. The only thing I would recommend in addition to the PNP is to buy an APC 6x4 prop - the pnp comes with a Gemfan prop which is not as strong or well balanced as the APC.
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 09:35 AM
Find More Posts by rpstar
Surprised they would ship a Gemfan prop with it. No bother really as they are easy to obtain. This does seem like a solid product assuming the foam holds up (or assuming the replacement wings are pretty reasonably priced). The easy disassembly is very cool.