Jan 10, 2017, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysman
by looking at the dimensions for the battery bay, this battery won't fit as its about 4mm too tall. However, I wanted to check if this is case. I love these packs and being on sale it would be a good idea to get some. However, if they don't fit, they don't fit.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene...5c-w-xt60.html

Anyone from RMRC?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2017, 12:38 PM
The measurements on that pack seem weird to me. The dimensions of the1800 4s pack that we have been using for a year of testing are 106mm long, 34mm wide, and 28mm tall
Jan 11, 2017, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderman111
The measurements on that pack seem weird to me. The dimensions of the1800 4s pack that we have been using for a year of testing are 106mm long, 34mm wide, and 28mm tall
I posted a ticket to RMRC asking and this is what I got back. Sounds like there is room left in the "tallness" side?

"I think we just used the measurement for the batteries we are using in the prototype. There is a bit more vertical clearance available. "
Jan 12, 2017, 05:03 PM
Will they have spare motors and wings when the Alatus is released? Also, is the cockpit big enough to fit my micro vector inside of it? Granted the GPS will go on the wing. Also cant find any specs on the strix 2217 2300kv motor. Thrust data specifically. I cant find any other motor comparable to this one either. All other motors I looked at are like 900kv or so. I was going to buy just the kit since I have several emax rs2205 motors and they put out over 1kg of thrust. Also have several hw x rotor 40A escs. However Alex from RMRC said the rs2205 motor wont be nearly strong enough. He said that the strix 2217 motor puts out 750-800 watts on 4S. So my rs2205 motor wont work and my 40a esc wont work either since the 2217 motor is pulling nearly 50A under full load. So I guess Ill get the PNP version.
Jan 12, 2017, 05:11 PM
Alex from RMRC just emailed me back, great customer service from RMRC. He said that, Yes we will have spare parts for the Alatus. Also, you can fit the micro Vector in it for sure uncased, I think that you can fit it in the case also but I haven't tried.
Jan 15, 2017, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPoonga
How long is each wing?
Anyone?
Jan 16, 2017, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool73
Will they have spare motors and wings when the Alatus is released? Also, is the cockpit big enough to fit my micro vector inside of it? Granted the GPS will go on the wing. Also cant find any specs on the strix 2217 2300kv motor. Thrust data specifically. I cant find any other motor comparable to this one either. All other motors I looked at are like 900kv or so. I was going to buy just the kit since I have several emax rs2205 motors and they put out over 1kg of thrust. Also have several hw x rotor 40A escs. However Alex from RMRC said the rs2205 motor wont be nearly strong enough. He said that the strix 2217 motor puts out 750-800 watts on 4S. So my rs2205 motor wont work and my 40a esc wont work either since the 2217 motor is pulling nearly 50A under full load. So I guess Ill get the PNP version.
Yes we will have lots of spare parts available when the we get them in stock - which should be right at the end of this month or the first week of Feb.

The micro vector should fit! The carbon fiber plate has the standard 30.5mm FC mounting holes in it.

The motor is actually a Cobra motor - that should help you find the data you are looking for. But yeah you wont want a 2205 quad motor on this thing - this motor is FAST and very powerful. I would highly recommend the PNP - we have spent a year working on this plane and doing extensive testing. We really believe the PNP combo is excellent and truly race-ready. Depending on your skills you will be able to keep up with or beat the best hand made wings out there right out of the box. The only thing I would recommend in addition to the PNP is to buy an APC 6x4 prop - the pnp comes with a Gemfan prop which is not as strong or well balanced as the APC.
Jan 16, 2017, 08:35 AM
Surprised they would ship a Gemfan prop with it. No bother really as they are easy to obtain. This does seem like a solid product assuming the foam holds up (or assuming the replacement wings are pretty reasonably priced). The easy disassembly is very cool.
Jan 16, 2017, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Yes we will have lots of spare parts available when the we get them in stock - which should be right at the end of this month or the first week of Feb.

The micro vector should fit! The carbon fiber plate has the standard 30.5mm FC mounting holes in it.

The motor is actually a Cobra motor - that should help you find the data you are looking for. But yeah you wont want a 2205 quad motor on this thing - this motor is FAST and very powerful. I would highly recommend the PNP - we have spent a year working on this plane and doing extensive testing. We really believe the PNP combo is excellent and truly race-ready. Depending on your skills you will be able to keep up with or beat the best hand made wings out there right out of the box. The only thing I would recommend in addition to the PNP is to buy an APC 6x4 prop - the pnp comes with a Gemfan prop which is not as strong or well balanced as the APC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar
Surprised they would ship a Gemfan prop with it. No bother really as they are easy to obtain. This does seem like a solid product assuming the foam holds up (or assuming the replacement wings are pretty reasonably priced). The easy disassembly is very cool.

I agree, all that time spent on the PNP (Which I bought) and a not so optimal prop is included? I already ordered but i'll submit a ticket to get some APC props added.

Does it matter whether you get a regular or pusher? Assuming you can just flip the prop on install. (I'm a quad guy)
Jan 16, 2017, 09:55 AM
Quote:
I agree, all that time spent on the PNP (Which I bought) and a not so optimal prop is included? I already ordered but i'll submit a ticket to get some APC props added.

Does it matter whether you get a regular or pusher? Assuming you can just flip the prop on install. (I'm a quad guy)
From my experience that's true but get the pusher one if available as why not. Appears this is the one he's talking about:

http://www.apcprop.com/product_p/lp06040ep.htm
Jan 17, 2017, 06:11 AM
The gemfan prop was included because APC props cannot be obtained where our planes are manufactured. Due to distribution plans, it only made sense to have the prop added at the point of manufacture, and APC just was not an option. The gemfan prop does just fine and I think most users will be happy with it, but I was just recommending an APC if you are the type of user that plans to be really squeezing every ounce of performance out of this plane and are trying to break the sound barrier

and ladysman, you could easily change the direction of the motor (bullet connectors), but dont flip the prop! They are only made to go one direction
Jan 17, 2017, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar
From my experience that's true but get the pusher one if available as why not. Appears this is the one he's talking about:
Pusher vs regular doesn't matter as much on this one since we are using a ny-lock nut on the motor shaft.
Jan 17, 2017, 08:41 AM
Quote:
The gemfan prop was included because APC props cannot be obtained where our planes are manufactured. Due to distribution plans, it only made sense to have the prop added at the point of manufacture, and APC just was not an option. The gemfan prop does just fine and I think most users will be happy with it, but I was just recommending an APC if you are the type of user that plans to be really squeezing every ounce of performance out of this plane and are trying to break the sound barrier

and ladysman, you could easily change the direction of the motor (bullet connectors), but dont flip the prop! They are only made to go one direction
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkies
Pusher vs regular doesn't matter as much on this one since we are using a ny-lock nut on the motor shaft.
I didn't realize the APC only go on one direction. I just ordered 5 of each and had them added to my order. I can use them on something else. Like you said, just swap motor wires so all can be used.

Thanks for the explanation! Looking forward to getting it.
Jan 17, 2017, 10:28 AM
Quote:
I didn't realize the APC only go on one direction. I just ordered 5 of each and had them added to my order. I can use them on something else. Like you said, just swap motor wires so all can be used.

Thanks for the explanation! Looking forward to getting it.
You can use them as he said. Think of it this way. Prop will "screw" itself through the air and must be oriented so that direction is towards the front of the aircraft. (ie: pulls aircraft through the air) What this means is that if the motor is mounted backwards (as on a wing) you have to reverse the motor rotation direction to keep the prop spinning and "moving the aircraft through the air" the way it should.
Jan 19, 2017, 08:00 AM
Post up if you pre-ordered! We have 49 (PNP) so far!