ReadyMadeRC Strix Alatus - First Look - RC Groups

ReadyMadeRC Strix Alatus - First Look

The Alatus is a high-performance race wing that's durable and looks great to boot! Join editor Matt Gunn as he gives us a look at the Strix Alatus from ReadyMadeRC.

Splash

A Quick Look at a Thoroughbred Wing From RMRC

The Alatus hasn't been officially released yet, but we have a quick look at this beautiful race wing from ReadyMadeRC. I'll be completely honest, my goal was to do a full review, but the weather has NOT been cooperating in Cleveland! So instead of holding out, I'm giving everyone what they want: a detailed look at the Alatus before the maiden.

CLICK HERE to preorder the Strix Alatus from RMRC

Video

ReadyMadeRC Strix Alatus - RCGroups.com First Look (9 min 22 sec)

Alatus Features:

• Simple to build
  • Easily replaceable wings
  • High density EPO foam
  • Extra wing reinforcement
  • Durable fuselage
  • 60A 2-6s ESC with XT60 and JST (PNP Only)
  • STRIX 2217 2300Kv Motor by Cobra (PNP Only)
  • Flight Controller Ready
  • Designed for use with RMRC Cricket 200 and 600mw transmitters

Review Coming Soon

Stay tuned to RCGroups, as I will be flying the Alatus very soon! Just as soon as the winds and snow give me a window to fly.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jan 04, 2017 at 05:07 PM..
Jan 04, 2017, 07:29 PM
In Thrust We Trust
Flew mine today Matt :-)
Got it yesterday. Flies like on rails, it rolls very smooth, inverted flying feels as locked in when flying upright. I did end up using an APC 6x4E prop, its windy here so I also changed out the linkages to prevent any flex in the elevons when banking hard and WOT in a crosswind. Can't wait to fly it again.
Jan 04, 2017, 11:07 PM
What ESC is being used?

Are the EMAX ES08MA II servos being used?

Thanx
Jan 05, 2017, 06:27 AM
The ESC is a Strix 60a 2-6s that was custom made for this application with 90 degree bullet connectors on it.

The servos are not Emax, but equivalent digital metal gear. We have yet to have one fail through a year of testing. Servos will come preinstalled with the linkages set on replacement wings so changing one out at the track will only take seconds!
Jan 05, 2017, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderman111
The ESC is a Strix 60a 2-6s that was custom made for this application with 90 degree bullet connectors on it.
Servos will come preinstalled with the linkages set on replacement wings so changing one out at the track will only take seconds!
Eagerly awaiting mine and was happy to see these developments! The angled connectors will make motor swaps a breeze and PNP makes everyone happy Well at least me.

When with the spare wings be available?
Jan 05, 2017, 01:26 PM
How long is each wing?
Jan 05, 2017, 07:07 PM
Want want want...dang it I want!!!!

Shows out of stock. Anyone else sell this?
Kev
Jan 05, 2017, 11:45 PM
I just preordered this. Already have everything to put in it. Was wondering about this little guy for this aircraft (or any). Thoughts?

https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...oducts_id=5897
Jan 06, 2017, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H
Want want want...dang it I want!!!!

Shows out of stock. Anyone else sell this?
Kev
It is out of stock since it is a preorder. If you buy it now it will ship as soon as they arrive to us. So go ahead and check out like normal even though it says out of stock.

For now, we are the only place that is selling them
Jan 06, 2017, 07:29 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid
Hope to test fly mine tomorrow!
Lookin good man!
Jan 06, 2017, 05:16 PM
Definitely like the abilty to easily pull apart the wings. Seems like would be fairly easy to put in a backpack in pieces.

Jury is still out the EPO to me though. Might be just fine but we'll see once people have it a little while.

Overall a very nice design though.
Jan 08, 2017, 10:35 PM
by looking at the dimensions for the battery bay, this battery won't fit as its about 4mm too tall. However, I wanted to check if this is case. I love these packs and being on sale it would be a good idea to get some. However, if they don't fit, they don't fit.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene...5c-w-xt60.html
Jan 09, 2017, 11:31 AM
Sky Soldier
hope this thing is more durable than the Theory wing? Also which rx they using in it? The Blade Theory is nice gots the launch mode. Anyway hope to see video of this and keep reading reviews might pull the trigger on it
Jan 09, 2017, 11:38 AM
serial scratchbuilder
Someone has to sharpie a bikini top onto that camera cover, looks to have "cleavage" to me