DJI CES 2017 News - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

DJI CES 2017 News

Check out what DJI is showing this year at CES in Las Vegas...

Splash

See What's New and Hot from DJI at CES

DJI had an incredible 2016 with the release of the tiny Mavic Pro and the ultra pro level Inspire 2 and you wouldn't be blamed for thinking they wouldn't have anything new to show off at CES this year, but that's not true. While they naturally don't have any new drones to talk about right now, there are some cool announcements coming from DJI at CES.

Handheld: Osmo Mobile Silver & Zenmuse M1

There's a new Osmo Mobile version available in Silver and it looks more selfie style than the previous version. It also features a new battery that extends the run time out to 4.5 hours which is a welcome improvement. If you have the original Osmo there is now a Zenmuse M1 add-on kit you can buy that allows you to use a smartphone instead of the stock camera.

Learn more about the Osmo Mobile Siler here

Learn more about the Zenmuse M1 here

Phantom 4 Chinese New Year Edition

While there isn't anything new inside this edition of the Phantom, this limited edition color scheme is a nice change from the stock white that "everyone" has. The Chinese New Year Edition certainly stands out with its bright and vivid color scheme.

Learn more about the Phantom 4 Chinese New Year Edition here

Ground Station Pro

This one is pretty exciting and is DJI's new app designed to offer autonomous flight for DJI drones. If you like the Litchi third party app then you'll notice some similarities in function. The GS Pro app allows you to plan and control autonomous flights and it will be amazing for things like mapping, agriculture, inspections and more. You can save and re-run missions, use images captured to create 3D maps and use up to 99 waypoints per mission. Each waypoint can have up to 15 actions associated with it, things like rotating, camera movement and start/stop video recording or photo capture. It's a powerful tool and will be compatible with these DJI drones: Phantom 3 Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional, Phantom 4/Pro*, Inspire 1/Inspire 2*/Matrice 100/600/600 Pro, A3, N3, and Mavic Pro. Note that the app is only available on Apple iPad currently.

Learn more about the DJI GS Pro App here

Jan 04, 2017, 10:51 AM
RCG's multirotor news feed looks like DJI advertisement grounds lately...
Jan 04, 2017, 10:56 AM
Phantom 3P, Inspire 1, P4
Instead of the crazy graphics I would rather see DJI come out with beautiful Carbon Fiber edition for the P4P series. I think it would sell well.
Jan 04, 2017, 11:18 AM
Just Fly would ya!

As it should!

DJI is offering all the good stuff right now. Most other RTF drones can only fly 1000' or less without issues. Waste of money in comparison don't you think?

SoCal. Right on the money!

P
Jan 04, 2017, 12:07 PM
RCG Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Ball
RCG's multirotor news feed looks like DJI advertisement grounds lately...
News is news. DJI just happens to have a lot of new stuff lately.
Jan 04, 2017, 01:07 PM
Just Fly would ya!

Here is the black p4

Really cool too!

http://www.phantom4-guide.co.uk/dji-...edition-black/
Jan 04, 2017, 01:10 PM
Just Fly would ya!
The Chinese New Year scheme is actually pretty cool. Very dreamy and happy!
Jan 04, 2017, 01:54 PM

Phantom X ?

I wonder if the Phantom X with the retractable landing gear is just concept or something they're thinking of producing?

vsk
Jan 04, 2017, 03:25 PM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
So I guess this ground station pro app doesn't replace their previous ground station app? I need it to with with their 2.4 data link module.

Ricky
Jan 04, 2017, 03:52 PM
didn't they announce some monitors too?

http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/-ces2017
Jan 04, 2017, 04:15 PM
RCG Staff
Kind of. The Crystal Sky monitors were really announced a while back.
Jan 04, 2017, 04:24 PM
Registered User / FAA107
Disappointed that we didn't get the DJI Goggle pricing/availability announcement.
Jan 04, 2017, 06:47 PM
So how much additional will the limited edition color scheme cost ? NM , clicked the link - $200 more for "Pretty"
Jan 05, 2017, 01:22 AM
foamies never die
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Rich
Instead of the crazy graphics I would rather see DJI come out with beautiful Carbon Fiber edition for the P4P series. I think it would sell well.
A carbon fibre Phantom body would block the transmission & GPS - so they could do a "carbon fibre" look/style, but not real CF.
Jan 07, 2017, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfisher23
I wonder if the Phantom X with the retractable landing gear is just concept or something they're thinking of producing?

vsk
What would retractable gear get you in a Phantom, except extra weight and something else to break and more expense?