Apr 16, 2019, 11:32 PM
Toycar racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Unfortunately the "Plastic Parts Kit" that has the parts with those tabs is out of stock and says it will not be restocked.
Maybe pm this guy...I don't know him, just used google and found his post about 3d printing and the plastic parts you guys are looking for. Ask him where he was able to get the files from connex to print them.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...tic-parts-kits

Edit: Another google search found the 3d printed files from connex direct. See link below. They have a rar file you can download. Just need to find a decent 3d printing service if you don't have your own 3d printer.

https://connexuav.zendesk.com/hc/en-...Plastic-Parts-
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2019, 08:11 AM
Atleast It's in one piece
deleted
Apr 17, 2019, 03:09 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Yup had those files already, was just looking for suggestion for 3D print material. After some bit of research I went ahead and ordered the part to be printed through treatstock.com. It's a 3D printing service e-commerce site where you upload the file, select the material/color, and it will give you a list of 3D printing services with prices. I've used them for something else in the past with excellent results.

By the way I ended up using nylon for this part since 3D printed ABS will be weaker than injection molded ABS like original parts were. Will report back on the result once I receive it.
Apr 17, 2019, 07:47 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Anybody know of any aftermarket O-ring that can substitute those stock ones holding the arms to frame?
Apr 23, 2019, 03:21 AM
My ProSight has come from a Falcore Quadcopter so I only have the very short power lead shown in the photo with each positive and negative going to separate pins at each plug. I canít find any photos of the official power lead with the heat shrink removed showing how it is soldered together so can any one confirm if both positives are grouped together and likewise the negatives?
Apr 23, 2019, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcright
My ProSight has come from a Falcore Quadcopter so I only have the very short power lead shown in the photo with each positive and negative going to separate pins at each plug. I canít find any photos of the official power lead with the heat shrink removed showing how it is soldered together so can any one confirm if both positives are grouped together and likewise the negatives?
Do you have a ohm-meter? You could check the continuity of the "very short" power lead and get your answer. I don't have a quick answer.
Apr 23, 2019, 03:23 PM
The lead is identical at both ends so continuity isnít an issue , I should have took a photo of the complete lead. Just need to know if the two positives and negs are grouped together .
Apr 23, 2019, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcright
The lead is identical at both ends so continuity isnít an issue , I should have took a photo of the complete lead. Just need to know if the two positives and negs are grouped together .
Right... so put an ohm meter across the two + (red) leads at the end you show. If it reads close to 0 ohms, they are connected. Same with the two black leads.
Apr 24, 2019, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Right... so put an ohm meter across the two + (red) leads at the end you show. If it reads close to 0 ohms, they are connected. Same with the two black leads.

I'll give that a go
Apr 25, 2019, 05:53 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Got the front arm mount printed, and learned that nylon is not the material to use. It's durable like they claim, but that's because it's so flexible! The lower 2 were printed with PETG and those resembles more closely with the stock parts.

So in case anybody else need these parts printed, get the plastic parts files from Connex, upload it to treatstock.com, select PETG as material, and you will have the parts in your mailbox in a few days.
Apr 27, 2019, 04:28 PM
Toycar racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280
Got the front arm mount printed, and learned that nylon is not the material to use. It's durable like they claim, but that's because it's so flexible! The lower 2 were printed with PETG and those resembles more closely with the stock parts.

So in case anybody else need these parts printed, get the plastic parts files from Connex, upload it to treatstock.com, select PETG as material, and you will have the parts in your mailbox in a few days.
thanks for info steph280. how much did it cost for the 3d printing from teatstock?

btw - I bought my first dji drone from you years back, phantom 1.1.1 with gimbal you put on. I still have it but have graduated to mavic for that. And you were right, this hobby is so addictive! I'm not even going to name how many rc fpv quads I have now haha. love this hobby though, so worth it!
May 04, 2019, 06:43 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz619
thanks for info steph280. how much did it cost for the 3d printing from teatstock?

btw - I bought my first dji drone from you years back, phantom 1.1.1 with gimbal you put on. I still have it but have graduated to mavic for that. And you were right, this hobby is so addictive! I'm not even going to name how many rc fpv quads I have now haha. love this hobby though, so worth it!
It was $13 for 2 plus about $5 shipping from Pharmed Prints on Treatstock. But the guy printed like 5 of them trying different techniques and materials. Very helpful guy.

I totally forgot I sold you that Phantom! And that's great you still have it! DJI is like Apple, coming out with a new drone trying to empty our wallet every year! I just wish Falcore succeeded like Phantom did. It's a very well designed quad, probably just priced a bit high for racing purpose where we break them every other day. I have since picked up a Glyph video goggles, and this has become my favorite freestyle combo.
May 06, 2019, 05:34 AM
I might have a Falcore airframe for sale in a months time, I’m in the UK so will be UK only . So it won’t have any motors ,ESC’s, batteries ,Connex gear. It will have main board with sonar, four battery plates it’s in near new condition with just a few scuffs on the landing feet.
May 06, 2019, 06:39 PM
Toycar racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280
It was $13 for 2 plus about $5 shipping from Pharmed Prints on Treatstock. But the guy printed like 5 of them trying different techniques and materials. Very helpful guy.

I totally forgot I sold you that Phantom! And that's great you still have it! DJI is like Apple, coming out with a new drone trying to empty our wallet every year! I just wish Falcore succeeded like Phantom did. It's a very well designed quad, probably just priced a bit high for racing purpose where we break them every other day. I have since picked up a Glyph video goggles, and this has become my favorite freestyle combo.
thanks for the info steph280. yes, that was a great phantom, especially for what was available back then. I agree with the falcore. That helped me be more comfortable with fpv flying and made it easier with their technology. Really bummer that they weren't able to make it succeed. I also had the glyph googles before selling mine with my falcore package to someone on rcgroups. take care.
May 16, 2019, 12:58 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Anybody not using their video receiver mounting brackets? The two U-shaped brackets that mounts video receiver to third party radio handles. Please PM me and I'll buy them off you.

Quick Reply