Mar 03, 2017, 07:57 PM
One more question. If we were to Velcro the battery to the current plates, would that work? I'm trying to find somewhere local to print the new plates and am striking out.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2017, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cobra
One more question. If we were to Velcro the battery to the current plates, would that work? I'm trying to find somewhere local to print the new plates and am striking out.
I don't own a Falcore, but I use the industrial strength Velcro on all of my RC plane batteries. I cover the entire side of the battery and put an equal amount in the battery compartment. I've had some crazy crashes and never had a battery come loose. That might work in a Falcore, depending on how tight if a fit the compartment is. You can get the Velcro at Lowes.
Mar 03, 2017, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougMaxwell
I don't own a Falcore, but I use the industrial strength Velcro on all of my RC plane batteries. I cover the entire side of the battery and put an equal amount in the battery compartment. I've had some crazy crashes and never had a battery come loose. That might work in a Falcore, depending on how tight if a fit the compartment is. You can get the Velcro at Lowes.
I don't think Velcro is the answer. I was thinking it is, but the battery tray has guides that the Velcro would prevent use of these guides/channels. I also thought about running the Velcro the length, but that requires a very long piece of Velcro, could work not really 100% if this is the best idea.

Here is a picture in the link of what could be the newer design, The older design does not have that tall of a back wall that may prevent the battery from slaming into the electronics.
https://connexuav.zendesk.com/hc/en-...specs-3D-files
Mar 04, 2017, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50mph
I don't think Velcro is the answer. I was thinking it is, but the battery tray has guides that the Velcro would prevent use of these guides/channels. I also thought about running the Velcro the length, but that requires a very long piece of Velcro, could work not really 100% if this is the best idea.

Here is a picture in the link of what could be the newer design, The older design does not have that tall of a back wall that may prevent the battery from slaming into the electronics.
I'll have to take a closer look at the stock plates. Maybe I'm misthinking how the should work. I was thinking I could Velcro the battery to the plate. As long as there is still clearance in the housing, you'd still use guide rails to install.
Mar 04, 2017, 02:12 AM
FYI, I struggled to tilt up the camera but turns out you need to push down on the back of the camera instead of the front of it. I found this out by completely removing the main board.
Last edited by waykewl; Mar 04, 2017 at 03:10 AM.
Mar 04, 2017, 02:36 AM

Any Battery Plates

Hey Guys,
I originally thought the any battery plate was so you would tape your batteries to it and it would be secure to slide in and out - NOT sit inside the Falcore loose with a plate that really is not securing the battery like the original battery and case that comes with it.

Why not use the old plates and just tape 2 or 3 evenly spaced places along the battery plate (see photo).
Yes the tape will get cut, BUT not if you use a small file and take off a 3/4inch wide spot 1mm deep for the tape to wrap around the plate into the grooves.
This will give it just enough gap so it will not get cut on the inner rail that the battery guide needs to slide and lock.

I mentioned this to Amimon with no response. They even removed my comment from the below link.
https://connexuav.zendesk.com/hc/en-...Battery-Plate-

If we are not to secure the battery to the plate and the plate is meant to just position itself while the battery is being used and the just pull out the plate remove the battery and slide in a new one... THEN why are they selling sets of 5 battery plates if there is not reason to temporarily to permanently secure the battery to it?

There are 3 different batteries that are approved to work with these plates.

The battery does not sit flush with the plate - The battery positive or negative wire (depending which way you position the battery on the plate) will not sit flat. You have to push it to have it secure flat. NOW when you place it loose into the Falcore there is no reason to worry about this play EXCEPT when you hit a hard crash the battery continues to go for a ride right into your electronics.

1 ) - The plate end needs to be the full height of the battery.
2 ) - The new battery design full length long angle needs to incorporate full height of the battery end.
3 ) - The new battery design material needs to be made of the same stiff material as the original battery and case is.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *

WAIT TILL I HAVE TO SHOW YOU WHATS NEXT!!! and the best thing for all of us to push and support Amimon to do.

NOW I just took apart my original battery with case and it was easy - AND my Tattu 1800mAh 4S 75C battery slides in just like it was made for it.

SEE PHOTOS!!!!

Here is what I suggest that Amimon do.
1) build battery cases like this and add the extra handle like it is on the any plate and that will secure this type of case and battery securely.
2) redesign the end to allow the extra wiring to be wrapped up into a screw on handle just like the original battery even if you have to make the case a little longer make it so the wire can be hidden. This will make a battery case that can be purchased and your choice of battery... AND IT IS ROCK SOLID SECURE!
3) the case bottom solid or at least like the top of the case unless heat dissipation is needed then the stiff plastic should to fine as it already is on the original battery and case.

Well guys I probably voided my warranty on my battery, but I can use that case over and over and over and over with my own batteries - ONLY issue is there is the possibility that the battery could slide out because there is not lock handle like on the any battery plate has to keep it in while in flight.

I hope you enjoyed this.

Amimon would you be willing to send me a couple of free batteries? because if this solution resolves this battery case issue I really would prefer a lifetime supply for my extensive effort.

Thanks.
Mar 04, 2017, 03:25 AM

Opening your Original Battery Case

Hey Guys,
Here are my tips if you want to open your original battery case to see what its all about.
I think that if the portion where the balance charger cable is running through the slot... if it was cut into a rectangle (basically taking out the area) you probably could mount your own battery, leave the cable length hang out that area, screw down your XT60 connector and place it into your Falcore.

You will have trouble with where your positive and negative cables come out of the end of your battery. If it is not close to the edge then you probably will have clearance for everything to just fit together.

Why Amimon did not make their "any battery plate (cases) like this I don't know - BUT I think you guys with 3D printers and thingiverse will have something to say about that!

Here are my photos for the teardown.
1) take out the 4 top screws.

2) the two side tabs will hold the back plate, also the puzzle shape at the bottom, BUT the heat shrink on the balance led will catch on the outside --- you need to slowly push that through as you work the clips till you can get it to till backwards.

3) at this point you should be able to unclip the bottom puzzle piece and have it hinge towards the balance led cable.

4) now realize that this battery has some sticky tape at the end AND it has some foam like foam tape - so pushing it through out of the case will need to be done from the end - Please be careful to slowly observe stickers or anything that may catch as you are attempting to push it out.

(KEEP YOUR FINGERS OFF THE POWER CONNECTION)
just work on sliding the battery out... it will happen.

It is now out and now try to fit your battery into it.

WHOMEVER chooses to do this please inform Amimon all the details about your battery so they can add them to their list of batteries that will work as they progress on a full redesign of this battery case.

PLEASE insist that they give up on the plate - this case design is far better and it already exists.

NOTE::: when putting this back together you will have a bit of trouble getting the final part pushed past the edge of the case you will need to slightly press on the corners to flex the plastic wrap to give enough to slide past and then just reverse process the battery back together.

Yes, I put mine back together and popped it into my Falcore and it turns on and beeps just like nothing ever happened.

Enjoy!!!
Mar 04, 2017, 03:45 AM

Any Battery Plate - Other thoughts

Hey Guys,
Going through all of this I just thought that if the case was made out of the harder plastic, it had a full enclosed end like it is on the original battery plastic case and had the same hook handle as the any battery plate to keep the battery in... then all you would have to do is unclip, slide it out battery case, the battery comes out the bottom, slide in a new one and clip and fly.

I know that is what Amimon was trying to do, but with their new design I think it still falls short of what it really needs to look like, function like and perform like the original battery case.

Well guys, hope this helped.

Happy Flying!!!
Mar 04, 2017, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cobra
I'll have to take a closer look at the stock plates. Maybe I'm misthinking how the should work. I was thinking I could Velcro the battery to the plate. As long as there is still clearance in the housing, you'd still use guide rails to install.
attached a few pictures.

The guide is on the side marked red cant really cover this because then it would not slide into channels/guide, yellow is what I thought would be the way to attach the Velcro but the clearance is maybe under 1/16" see other picture

the clearance is maybe less the 1/16" Maybe a very thin Velcro would work.

To me I am thinking that the newer battery plate is the correct answer. Having the end that is closest to the electronics with a longer/higher wall seems to be what should prevent the battery from slipping off the tray and crushing the electronics.

Just my thoughts, others posted their ideas too. I will say the TATTU 1800 barley fit, to me maybe they are not a good fit. Got mine mounted but was worried about crushing the ground wire because of the handle.
Mar 04, 2017, 08:54 AM
Great work Snapshot Hotshot. I was wondering what and how that is done.
Mar 04, 2017, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennings
Looks like a great product!

One thing strange and of concern, though. @Amimon, according to your web page: "Falcores world first patented SHIELD mode allows anyone to race from day one. SHIELD mode uses sonar and barometer sensors to automatically maintain flight altitude, and coordinates turning to allow flying using a single stick of the remote.

Cleanflight is open source with a GPL V3 license (https://github.com/cleanflight/clean...master/LICENSE). As such it requires than any source code modification be made available. There are also several additional requirements.

Has your patent been granted? Seems patenting is not only contradictory (see license terms with respect to patents) but also detrimental to Cleanflight and other related open source flight control stacks. Did the marketing department at Connex get a bit carried away ? Or is the flight controller entirely new, written from scratch with no use of open source and completely proprietary? Can you comment?
Woah, the Falcore is using Cleanflight, which is licensed GPL v3 which requires the distributor (Amimon) to provide source code to their customers. Are they doing so? This sort of precludes patenting anything. What does Cleanflight have to say about this?
Mar 04, 2017, 01:31 PM
Not sure what Cleanflight has to say, maybe they don't know about this. Also of note, as you know Ardupilot has had SHIELD mode for a long time, which is pretty much sports mode with a sonar or lidar in copter. Has been supported for quite a while. So can't see how a patent application could ever be granted, in addition to the GPL licensing restrictions.

I am just hoping Amimon reacts to this issue, does the right thing and doesn't sweep this under the rug. BTW I have no gripes with the company in general, I am actually a happy customer with a Connex HD and love it!
Mar 04, 2017, 02:30 PM
Yes, in my experience, most the time this sort of thing is just an honest mistake in companies that don't understand what the GPL means. I don't have a dog in the fight, it's between the Cleanflight guys and Amimon. However, I do not like companies patenting things that in many cases, have been done before by somebody else. No idea what the algorithm is in this case, so I can't say. I would know, however, if the source code was released as required by the GPL...
Mar 04, 2017, 07:18 PM
Any company has the right to patent anything if it hasn't been applied for. They apply for it, doesn't mean they get it passed. The patent office determines what can and can't be patented. Just stating general patent info. Im new to this sport and know very little about a Cleanflignt.

Can you clarify what is the issue with Amimon's patent? I'm curious and would like to learn.
Mar 04, 2017, 09:22 PM
Anyone know of an HD monitor that has HDMI in and out with a DVR? I've only found one that has both HDMIs but no DVR.

Quick Reply