Feb 27, 2017, 10:02 AM
Beam me up Scotty!
Folks, I need some help. I received my GT90 and ordered it with a DSM2 receiver. I'm trying to bind it to my Spektrum DX6i using Cleanflight. It connects just fine when when I click on the 'Configuration' tab and scroll down to set the Receiver mode, it's not there.

I'm using this site for a guide.
https://flexrc.com/2016/04/22/how-to...lite-receiver/

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2017, 10:18 AM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian
Folks, I need some help. I received my GT90 and ordered it with a DSM2 receiver. I'm trying to bind it to my Spektrum DX6i using Cleanflight. It connects just fine when when I click on the 'Configuration' tab and scroll down to set the Receiver mode, it's not there.

Thank you
How about some screenshots
Feb 27, 2017, 11:53 AM
Quote:

Thank you
I believe receiver modes are in the Receiver tab for cleanflight now.
Feb 27, 2017, 01:34 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irock1985
How about some screenshots
Quote:
Originally Posted by deverlight
I believe receiver modes are in the Receiver tab for cleanflight now.
It was under the receiver tab so I have that sorted. However, I do not get the satellite receiver flashing so it doesn't bind. I rechecked the UART ports and I believe I have them set up correctly.

Apologies, I'm a n00b graduating from the toy grade of this hobby.

Here's a screenshot and a copy and paste of the binding instructions.

7. Now you will have to physically bind your receiver and transmitter, by first disconnecting Flight controller from computer (no battery connected as well).

8. Then connect flight controller to computer and observe that your DSMX satellite receiver is rapidly flashing.

If it is not flashing then UART port from step 3 was not correctly selected or receiver is not properly connected.
Feb 27, 2017, 02:02 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
It was under the receiver tab so I have that sorted. However, I do not get the satellite receiver flashing so it doesn't bind. I rechecked the UART ports and I believe I have them set up correctly.

Apologies, I'm a n00b graduating from the toy grade of this hobby.

Here's a screenshot and a copy and paste of the binding instructions.

7. Now you will have to physically bind your receiver and transmitter, by first disconnecting Flight controller from computer (no battery connected as well).

8. Then connect flight controller to computer and observe that your DSMX satellite receiver is rapidly flashing.

If it is not flashing then UART port from step 3 was not correctly selected or receiver is not properly connected.
Well once again pictures are worth 1000 words.. Picture of the ports tab as well as you connection on the board should get things rolling
Feb 27, 2017, 02:26 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irock1985
Well once again pictures are worth 1000 words.. Picture of the ports tab as well as you connection on the board should get things rolling

Feb 27, 2017, 09:00 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:

OK sooo between the 2 sets of pics you don't need to be running rxserial to run ppm. So if you are running ppm turn off that UART

Or if your running a serial Rx switch it to serial Rx and not ppm

Please correct me if I'm wrong btw...
Last edited by Irock1985; Feb 27, 2017 at 10:15 PM.
Feb 27, 2017, 09:27 PM
Hey... I noticed that your back left prop is upside down... you have to be able to read the numbers normal from viewing from the top... won't fly right other wise and makes the props subject to stress crack at the hub....
Feb 27, 2017, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastblade
Hey... I noticed that your back left prop is upside down...
Good catch!

Speaking of props...I just added an UPDATE (shown below) to this previous post because I think we have another prop to consider as the Banggood and Gearbest versions of the 90GT trickle in. It's apparently a 1935 tri-blade, so it will be very interesting to see if this high-pitch 3-blade 'overprops' the 90GT motors in the same fashion as the 4-blade FuriousFPV1935 props. But it's more likely that these 1935 tri-blades will prove to be the true 'sweet spot' with the 90GT, because now the motor/prop combo is from Kingkong. I would grab some for testing but they're crazy expensive on eBay right now at $3.30 each ($13 for a set of 4)....[edit] oh wait...here they are for a more reasonable price at AliExpress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsfromheaven

UPDATE: Looking more closely it appears that the DYS 2030 tri-blades found on the eBay version of the 90GT are different from the 'stock' props on the Banggood and Gearbest versions. The DYS are slightly wider and narrow rapidly into the hub, whereas the BG/GB props apparently maintain a more narrow width all the way to the hub. This has been difficult to follow because the early photos of the 90GT show some now-depreciated green/black Kingkong 50mm tri-blades without T-type screw holes.
Last edited by wingsfromheaven; Feb 28, 2017 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Added link to Kingkong 1935 tri-blade and associated concerns
Feb 27, 2017, 10:52 PM

King Kong 90GT

Received my King Kong 90GT today, ordered last week from GearBest. Was a little painful at first trying to setup using BetaFlight. Guess this is a little new so finding help setting this up is here and around on a few sites. I have never used BetaFlight or CleanFlight before. I had trouble getting the DSM receiver to bind, but after a few attempts all is good. Setting up the Modes painful, still really don't know exactly what I did, did so many things on radio (DX18) and swapped around the AUX channels. After what seemed like hours I finally had everything working.
Last edited by 50mph; Feb 27, 2017 at 10:58 PM.
Feb 27, 2017, 11:04 PM

King Kong 90GT

First flight after setup using BeatFlight.

King Kong 90GT (1 min 21 sec)
Feb 27, 2017, 11:11 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50mph
Received my King Kong 90GT today, ordered last week from GearBest. Was a little painful at first trying to setup using BetaFlight. Guess this is a little new so finding help setting this up is here and around on a few sites. I have never used BetaFlight or CleanFlight before. I had trouble getting the DSM receiver to bind, but after a few attempts all is good. Setting up the Modes painful, still really don't know exactly what I did, did so many things on radio (DX18) and swapped around the AUX channels. After what seemed like hours I finally had everything working.
Glad you got it bound and set up. They can definitely try our patience some times.
Feb 27, 2017, 11:12 PM
Quote:
I have never used BetaFlight or CleanFlight before...still really don't know exactly what I did.
Welcome to the 90GT party!

Betaflight/Cleanflight setup with the associated transmitter setup (output mode, AUX channels, endpoints/subtrim) can be daunting. But it gets much easier within a month or two in my recent experience. That said, simply post a screenshot or a 'CLI dump' as a text file here if you have any specific questions.
Last edited by wingsfromheaven; Feb 28, 2017 at 03:12 AM.
Feb 28, 2017, 10:55 AM
Quote:

Thank you
You use a full DSM receiver to bind the satellite to. You will plug the included satellite into the receiver, bind and the re plug back into the FC and you will be good to go.
Last edited by 50mph; Feb 28, 2017 at 12:48 PM.
Feb 28, 2017, 03:35 PM
Quote:
congrats man its frigging awsome when its finally up and running ,