|> Weight: |< 9.9oz
|> Battery Connector Typesl: |< Molex/Reversed Molex/MX/mCPX
|> Battery Typer: |< 4 x 1s
|> AC Input: |< 100-240V
|> DC Input: |< 11-15V
|> Charge Circuit Power: |< 4 x 4W
|> ICharge Current Power: |< 0.1~1.0A
|> Available from: |< Hitec

In today's world of tiny whoopin' and micro flying, the Hitec X4 Micro Multi Charger should be the perfect addition to any charging repertoire that includes 1s packs. This little powerhouse is great for charging up to 4 1s packs at a time and is compatible with most of the popular micro connectors on the market today. Let's take a closer look and see how it stands up!

!Review Video
Hitec X4 Micro Multi Charger - RCGroups Review (5 min 24 sec)

! What's Included
The X4 ships with an AC adaptor, DC adaptor, Molex to JST adapter, and MX to Micro MX adaptor. The only thing I would suggest adding is some extra MX to Micro MX pigtail adaptors, but more on that later.

@1.jpg
@2.jpg

@3.jpg

!The Skinny On The Connectors
Ok, so before we get too far into the operation of the X4 I wanted to make sure to cover the MX charge port connections to take out the confusion. The charger arrives with all of the most popular micro battery connector ports. The only thing that you will need to be aware of is that the MX style charge port is not compatible with the Micro MX plugs that are on most 1s stick packs. The MX charge port pins are set to 1.5 mm and the stick pack connections are at 1.25 mm. Charging these packs not using the adapters will result in damaging the packs' connectors.

@10.jpg
@11.jpg

@12.jpg
@13.jpg

@14.jpg
@15.jpg

@16.jpg

Hitec includes one of these pigtails with the charger, but I would suggest picking up a pack of them so you will have enough to charge on all four charging ports. The adapters are available HERE and at just $4 they are well worth it.

!Time to Charge!

Ok, so now that we have gotten through all of the technical mumbo-jumbo we can get to charging those packs! The X4 Micro is super easy to use and you will be flying on fresh packs in no time at all.

@4.jpg

Start off by connecting to your power source. The X4 has the ability to be powered by AC or DC power.

@5.jpg
@7.jpg

Next is to connect your packs using the appropriate connectors to the ports on the charger. I will be charging 1s stick packs so I installed the Micro MX adapters to each charging port.

@13.jpg
@18.jpg

Once you have all the packs you are charging hooked up, all that's left to do is press and hold the start/stop button and the charger will take over from there. During the charging process, you will be able to monitor the charging capacity and cell voltage of each cell via the LED display. If you need to stop the process simply hit the Start/Stop button and the charger will stop.

@20.jpg
@21.jpg

@22.jpg
@23.jpg

Once the charging process is complete the LED status light will turn green and blink 5 times. You will also hear and audible sound and the LED display will read FULL. By pressing the Start/Stop button at this point you will be able to see the battery voltage and charge capacity of the full pack on the LED display. This is much better than just relying on the normal 1s USB charger simple red or green lights.

@24.jpg
@25.jpg

!In Closing
In closing, I have to say that the Hitec X4 Micro Multi Charger is a great little charger at a great price. With all the micro models we have out there today I see this as being a must have for all of your single-cell needs! ~Mean Joe
Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jan 06, 2017 at 08:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2017, 02:59 PM
I have seen this charger mentioned previously and wondered how well it worked.

Your explanation of the various connectors was very good. Especially the explanation of the differences of the MX and Micro MX connectors. One wanders why Hitec didn't include the Micro MX as it is apparently more prevalent that some of the others.

Items I wish you would have addressed:

Charging current selection. What is the range of selection and how is it displayed. When do you set the current and can it be changed during charging? How accurate is the setting? Did you verify the charge current with an independent meter?

Also how accurate was the charge? Were the cell voltages at 4.20V when the charge finished? Did you verify the voltages with an independent meter? Can the finish voltage be adjusted?

Was the mAh returned to the individual cells verified?

IMHO addressing these points would have made a much better review.

Glen
Jan 05, 2017, 07:21 PM
Team WarpSquad
Joe: Thank you for highlighting the connector problem in your review! I saw the headline, and was hoping Hitec came out with an updated version. A good number of people (including me) have destroyed countless 1S gumstick LiPo connectors, without knowing why. You'd think that by now Hitec would have come out with a X4 Micro V2 with the proper Molex PicoBlade plug!

In any case, the adapter pigtails work well, and Tower Hobbies thankfully sells the four of them at a reasonable price. With the plug problem corrected, the X4 Micro is one of the most useful tools for 1S UMX planes and quads. The convenience of a dedicated 1S charger with four separate charging circuits is well worth the price!
Jan 06, 2017, 02:05 AM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
I thought they come out with a new one, lol...
Nonetheless, this article is better than the long thread which I subscribed . Now I am finally clear.
I bought the Selectra and the Thunderpower four port chargers instead in the mean time. They are excellent except you can't adjust the current nor see the voltage, which is kind of important because after flying you don't want to charge them full, only charge to storage level and top off when you go fly again. These 1s stick pack are quick to degrade if this process is not observed.
Jan 06, 2017, 10:34 AM
I have been using one of these for over a year and love. it. I did not realize the difference in connector size. I just thought it was a little tricky to get the battery installed correctly. I just ordered the adapter pack. It is worth it as a protection of the mx connector in the charger. I like the fact that is shows the voltage and mah on each cell.
Jan 06, 2017, 04:27 PM
run
run
I've been using this for a while and I do like it lot.
High on my improvement list would be the option to change the final voltages.

At least: To set it to charge for storage.
At most: To set it to charge for HV (tiny whoop battery are starting to go this route)
(I envision a 3 way toggle for each battery)

But on the other hand, one thing I like so much about this is just how easy it is - maybe I'm asking to much.
Jan 07, 2017, 06:14 PM
It's weird seeing a review on something that's been around as long as this charger (3 years approx.)! I've had mine 2 years now, it's pretty good apart from the connector issue (I have 4 converter leads permanently plugged in) and one vertical 'bar' has failed on one of the LED displays making it a bit awkward to read.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jan 07, 2017, 06:26 PM
mine has not missed a beet in 2 years now love it
marty
Jan 07, 2017, 09:31 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
I use mine everyday ! I even picked up a second one for a backup
Jan 08, 2017, 04:35 PM
Thank you for posting this

I've had this charger sense it was released.

this actually explains the connector problem and might explain why my batteries are having a shorter life.

where can I order more adaptors?
Jan 08, 2017, 04:52 PM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman
Thank you for posting this

I've had this charger sense it was released.

this actually explains the connector problem and might explain why my batteries are having a shorter life.

where can I order more adaptors?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFCVE&P=SM
Jan 08, 2017, 05:03 PM
Thanks I will have to out together a tower hobbies order
Jan 12, 2017, 08:25 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
This charger looks good. I've been looking for something to use specifically with all of my 1s batteries. Guess it's time to place an order.
Jan 14, 2017, 02:27 PM
run
run
Just in case anyone is interested in fixing those pesky micro jsts that are at the wrong pitch, this fine guy posted a how-to: http://fishpepper.de/2017/01/13/skyr...connector-mod/
Jan 22, 2017, 08:49 PM
Adaptors have arrived, I may have made an error in quantity I now have a lot of spares

next question how do I know what batteries I have damaged other then trial and error. but could the connector on the aircraft also be damaged.
I have a lot of these batteries in questionable state. frustrating.

Quick Reply