Oct 02, 2019, 08:03 AM
Soar high, huck low
Me too. Flex 4S motor, all stock servos. They hold up well despite the abuse I’ve thrown their way.
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2019, 05:11 PM
Anyone know when the Flex Innovations 4S motor will be back in stock? Id call Flex but I believe they are at Nall in the Fall.
Oct 03, 2019, 08:40 AM
Anyone have a 3s motor and prop collet they are willing to part with? I accidentally attempted a full power takeoff in my garage and now the motor is noisy and the prop adapter is slightly tweaked.
Nov 13, 2019, 02:10 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
To all who are new to this thread. Don't be put off by many who advise going the 4S route. 4S will no doubt be awesome, but for the average weekend 3D warrior the stock setup will be amazing and a blast to fly for a long, long time. Flex makes the best 3D foamies in my opinion, and even better than a bunch of wood builts too.
Nov 13, 2019, 03:33 PM
+1 I have stay with 3S set up and been very happy I am that weekend warrior
Nov 13, 2019, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer
To all who are new to this thread. Don't be put off by many who advise going the 4S route. 4S will no doubt be awesome, but for the average weekend 3D warrior the stock setup will be amazing and a blast to fly for a long, long time. Flex makes the best 3D foamies in my opinion, and even better than a bunch of wood builts too.
Opinion wanted: with 3S setup and in a hover......how brisk is the quick straight vertical pull out? Thx....
Nov 13, 2019, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyss
Opinion wanted: with 3S setup and in a hover......how brisk is the quick straight vertical pull out? Thx....
It will pull out just fine. I'm not sure I'd describe it as brisk, but certainly good enough. The reason a lot are looking at 4s is flight time, you get a little longer flight time with 4s. My son used a 3s 3700 and got run time as well as decent vertical performance.
Nov 14, 2019, 08:30 AM
San Antonio TX.
The 3S setup is great for the weekend warrior, but if you are low and stuffed in deep with the surfaces at full deflection the pullout can suffer enough to drop on her tail. That is why I went with the 4S setup, not to mention the 6-7 minute flight times.

Bob
Nov 14, 2019, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei
The 3S setup is great for the weekend warrior, but if you are low and stuffed in deep with the surfaces at full deflection the pullout can suffer enough to drop on her tail. That is why I went with the 4S setup, not to mention the 6-7 minute flight times.

Bob
Bob, can you compare and comment from exerience on the decline of "floatyness" when going from 3S to 4S? I like the power of 4S in my Timber X which isn`t expremely light feeling. What are the batteries that you use to get 6 minutes flight times? Thanks for responding.
Nov 14, 2019, 10:12 AM
San Antonio TX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyss
Bob, can you compare and comment from exerience on the decline of "floatyness" when going from 3S to 4S? I like the power of 4S in my Timber X which isn`t expremely light feeling. What are the batteries that you use to get 6 minutes flight times? Thanks for responding.
I am running 3000 ma Admiral 4S batteries to get those flight times, it still feels light on the wing, I cant say that I even noticed a difference to be honest. The only real difference is the punch out when needed. The video on the previous page I posted has over 7 1/2 minutes if you watch the video, and you can judge the time by the way I am flying for your own benefit.

Bob

Quick Reply