Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jan 04, 2017, 07:57 AM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
ChinoDiablo's Avatar
1100kv on 4s is going to be crazy rpms even with stock prop.
Latest blog entry: Pizza!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2017, 08:23 AM
Registered User
Kevin_JaxFl's Avatar
I would think a lower KV motor with a slightly larger prop would work as well. I know I am not using the stock config for motor or prop on my Ventique 60e and it has amazing power.
Jan 04, 2017, 09:02 AM
"Some do, some don't"
old_coastie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe
Maybe we can work something out....

We have a little time to make arrangements.... great bird though. Has some more advanced capabilities than the Extra, but still quite friendly.

David
Really David, saying that it has some "more advanced capabilities than the Extra".... Don't you realize that is like putting candy in front of a baby

Thanks to the whole Flex Team for keeping a balance of planes in the Flex lineup, Wish I had the money (and space) for all of them.

Keep up the excellent work... Any chance this plane will make it in time for SEFF?

Mark R.

old_coastie

P.S. I LIKE the Lime Green....
Jan 04, 2017, 10:44 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bluhammer's Avatar
I bought and flew one of the first preorder QQ Extra 300's and I'm still in love with it. I posted to QQ back then that a similar sized biplane would be awesome. I'm so stoked about this one. Even though I have four bipes already, I'll be preordering this new Mamba10. It seems every QQ Flex product is a home run, way to go guys!
Blu
Jan 04, 2017, 12:21 PM
dribbe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coastie
Really David, saying that it has some "more advanced capabilities than the Extra".... Don't you realize that is like putting candy in front of a baby

Thanks to the whole Flex Team for keeping a balance of planes in the Flex lineup, Wish I had the money (and space) for all of them.

Keep up the excellent work... Any chance this plane will make it in time for SEFF?

Mark R.

old_coastie

P.S. I LIKE the Lime Green....
More of a personal impression.... it carries a bit more energy for things like Pop-Tops and other Tumbles. (you can see one such tumble in the video)
It is a little more 'go where you point it' in things like point and slow rolls and a little less neutral than the Extra. (Good for us old school jet guys).

While very friendly, it is probably not quite as easy for 'hover training' and the like compared to the Extra... ( I consider the extra to be the best '3D basics trainer' in the foam parkflyer class.

We did not set out to exactly duplicate the QQ Extra characteristics and capabilities... all aircraft designs are a set of trade-offs... our goal is always to have a broad capability. The Mamba 10 pretty much nailed our goals.

Hope this helps.

David
p.s. We also have an alternate setup selection in the Aura that we will talk about later.
Last edited by dribbe; Jan 04, 2017 at 12:28 PM.
Jan 04, 2017, 02:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe
p.s. We also have an alternate setup selection in the Aura that we will talk about later.
Interesting.... are we talking an even more extreme setup than in the video. Love the lime green color scheme, looks very different from anything else in my hanger! Thanks for the insite!
Jan 04, 2017, 02:15 PM
Registered User
Kevin_JaxFl's Avatar
partytime. I see them having the same type of setups like the big Mamba. Should be very fun.
Jan 04, 2017, 05:59 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by partytimes08
Interesting.... are we talking an even more extreme setup than in the video. Love the lime green color scheme, looks very different from anything else in my hanger! Thanks for the insite!
HA U have nothing else in you hanger because u have crashed them ALL
Jan 04, 2017, 06:02 PM
"Some do, some don't"
old_coastie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
HA U have nothing else in you hanger because u have crashed them ALL
Dale won't get the Lime Green one because it will blend in with the trees at his flying field....
Jan 04, 2017, 06:04 PM
Lower AL
SeeMeDo's Avatar
Don't send one to Chuck seems I end up just everything he flys, I'm a sucker for Green and Bips. Glad it't coming in the spring so I can make room at Perry, funny how if I get rid of a plane or two it makes the wife happy.
Jeff....
Jan 04, 2017, 09:47 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
HA U have nothing else in you hanger because u have crashed them ALL
Thats the only way the wife lets me buy new planes, just gotta give her my sad eyes after I've smashed up all my planes and she hands me the credit card
Jan 05, 2017, 05:50 AM
Registered User
Its terrible being and addict. We all seem to have to cajole our wives into giving their blessing. My wife is really good about it. As long as enough time passes between plane purchases all is well. Now, I have to start working on my -Why I need this plane story.
Jan 05, 2017, 07:36 AM
Registered User
Kevin_JaxFl's Avatar
I have started working my wife towards this being my B-Day present. On the positive side for me is she seems to be partial to bi-planes. However, I may still have to sell a plane to get a new one. The sacrifices we have to make.

Kevin
Jan 05, 2017, 08:25 AM
Registered User
HA,,,No issue here with a wife......I get any plane i want to have BECAUSE I got rid of the WIFE
Jan 05, 2017, 08:33 AM
Registered User
Fentonflyers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
HA,,,No issue here with a wife......I get any plane i want to have BECAUSE I got rid of the WIFE
What does a tornado and a divorce in the sticks have in common?...

Either way someones loosing a trailer.