Old Jan 04, 2017, 08:57 AM
Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
1100kv on 4s is going to be crazy rpms even with stock prop.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pizza!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2017, 09:23 AM
Find More Posts by Kevin_JaxFl
I would think a lower KV motor with a slightly larger prop would work as well. I know I am not using the stock config for motor or prop on my Ventique 60e and it has amazing power.
Old Jan 04, 2017, 10:02 AM
Find More Posts by old_coastie
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
Maybe we can work something out....

We have a little time to make arrangements.... great bird though. Has some more advanced capabilities than the Extra, but still quite friendly.

David
Really David, saying that it has some "more advanced capabilities than the Extra".... Don't you realize that is like putting candy in front of a baby

Thanks to the whole Flex Team for keeping a balance of planes in the Flex lineup, Wish I had the money (and space) for all of them.

Keep up the excellent work... Any chance this plane will make it in time for SEFF?

Mark R.

old_coastie

P.S. I LIKE the Lime Green....
Old Jan 04, 2017, 11:44 AM
Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Bay Area Prop Buster
I bought and flew one of the first preorder QQ Extra 300's and I'm still in love with it. I posted to QQ back then that a similar sized biplane would be awesome. I'm so stoked about this one. Even though I have four bipes already, I'll be preordering this new Mamba10. It seems every QQ Flex product is a home run, way to go guys!
Blu
Old Jan 04, 2017, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by dribbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coastie View Post
Really David, saying that it has some "more advanced capabilities than the Extra".... Don't you realize that is like putting candy in front of a baby

Thanks to the whole Flex Team for keeping a balance of planes in the Flex lineup, Wish I had the money (and space) for all of them.

Keep up the excellent work... Any chance this plane will make it in time for SEFF?

Mark R.

old_coastie

P.S. I LIKE the Lime Green....
More of a personal impression.... it carries a bit more energy for things like Pop-Tops and other Tumbles. (you can see one such tumble in the video)
It is a little more 'go where you point it' in things like point and slow rolls and a little less neutral than the Extra. (Good for us old school jet guys).

While very friendly, it is probably not quite as easy for 'hover training' and the like compared to the Extra... ( I consider the extra to be the best '3D basics trainer' in the foam parkflyer class.

We did not set out to exactly duplicate the QQ Extra characteristics and capabilities... all aircraft designs are a set of trade-offs... our goal is always to have a broad capability. The Mamba 10 pretty much nailed our goals.

Hope this helps.

David
p.s. We also have an alternate setup selection in the Aura that we will talk about later.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by dribbe; Jan 04, 2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2017, 03:09 PM
Find More Posts by partytimes08
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
p.s. We also have an alternate setup selection in the Aura that we will talk about later.
Interesting.... are we talking an even more extreme setup than in the video. Love the lime green color scheme, looks very different from anything else in my hanger! Thanks for the insite!
Old Jan 04, 2017, 03:15 PM
partytime. I see them having the same type of setups like the big Mamba. Should be very fun.
Old Jan 04, 2017, 06:59 PM
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Quote:
Originally Posted by partytimes08 View Post
Interesting.... are we talking an even more extreme setup than in the video. Love the lime green color scheme, looks very different from anything else in my hanger! Thanks for the insite!
HA U have nothing else in you hanger because u have crashed them ALL
Old Jan 04, 2017, 07:02 PM
Find More Posts by old_coastie
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
Dale won't get the Lime Green one because it will blend in with the trees at his flying field....
Old Jan 04, 2017, 07:04 PM
Find More Posts by SeeMeDo
Lower AL
Don't send one to Chuck seems I end up just everything he flys, I'm a sucker for Green and Bips. Glad it't coming in the spring so I can make room at Perry, funny how if I get rid of a plane or two it makes the wife happy.
Jeff....
Old Jan 04, 2017, 10:47 PM
Find More Posts by partytimes08
Quote:
Thats the only way the wife lets me buy new planes, just gotta give her my sad eyes after I've smashed up all my planes and she hands me the credit card
Old Jan 05, 2017, 06:50 AM
Find More Posts by jack herr
Its terrible being and addict. We all seem to have to cajole our wives into giving their blessing. My wife is really good about it. As long as enough time passes between plane purchases all is well. Now, I have to start working on my -Why I need this plane story.
Old Jan 05, 2017, 08:36 AM
I have started working my wife towards this being my B-Day present. On the positive side for me is she seems to be partial to bi-planes. However, I may still have to sell a plane to get a new one. The sacrifices we have to make.

Kevin
Old Jan 05, 2017, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
HA,,,No issue here with a wife......I get any plane i want to have BECAUSE I got rid of the WIFE
Old Jan 05, 2017, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Quote:
HA,,,No issue here with a wife......I get any plane i want to have BECAUSE I got rid of the WIFE
What does a tornado and a divorce in the sticks have in common?...

Either way someones loosing a trailer.
RCG Plus Member