This thread is privately moderated by Oneblueyedog, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 03, 2017, 10:04 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flash 45Pro 2016

Just to sum up almost a year of flying the Flash 45Pro, it's been great. Since I had time during the Christmas Holidays, I was able to fly it more. It also got some maintenance. An aileron servo horn's hole got a bit sloppy, so it was replaced. I also changed the tailwheel mounting. It was the "Joker" type, but the silver soldering was not holding up to use. It's now a common plastic mount and uses the same rudder connection that the old one did. The tail weight fits nicely in the mount.

One crosswind landing resulted in a main landing gear failure. The spring loop of the gear leg must have been weak and the music wire broke. No damage of the plane at all. Both have been replaced with new pre bent wires with rectangular loops. These new wires are more rigid.

Trimming of the plane seems to be progressing well. For knife edge, it still may be tucking into the canopy each way. It seems to climb with rudder while in knife edge.

Cosmetically the plane is getting more wear. It still gets compliments at the field.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply