F5J USA Tour is on for 2017 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by SoaringDude, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 01, 2017, 07:47 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Discussion

F5J USA Tour is on for 2017

If you are familiar with F5J you know that interest is picking up in the US: already 6 two-day contests are on the 2017 season calendar. So it felt like the time was finally right for organizing a USA tour with season standings and end-of-season awards. Elements of this tour are modeled after the F5J INTERTOUR (est. 2010) centered in Europe with events from >25 countries around the world.

Name: F5J-USA-Logo-450px.png
Views: 52
Size: 50.3 KB
Description:

The F5J USA Tour season is Dec 1-Nov 30 which makes F5J in the Desert (Phoenix) our first event every year. Full tour info is here where rules and guidelines are posted. F5J tutorials and field setup tips are also up on the site.

Register your event -- Clubs and organizers are invited to register their 1 and 2-day events by filling out our online application. One of the main benefits of having your event on the Tour is that we expect it will encourage more pilots to attend. Note there is a $3/pilot fee to clubs (due when you send us your scores) to cover award and other Tour expenses.

F5J USA Tour Advisory Group -- This group is responsible for managing the Tour and includes the following key supporters and pioneers of USA-based F5J: Chris Bajorek, Lee Wolfe, Steve Neu, Lenny Keer, Larry Jolly, and Jim Monaco. Each advisor brings significant experience and energy to this group. In a relatively short period of time we have covered lots of ground in laying the Tour framework. One opinion we all strongly share is that F5J is destined to become popular in the US; we think this Tour is an important step in that direction.

We hope to see many ALES pilots trying out F5J in 2017. There’s plenty of room for both ALES and F5J in the US!

Any questions please let us know. Hope to see you at the next F5J USA Tour event.

Chris Bajorek, for the Advisory Group
www.f5j-usa.com
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2017, 08:38 PM
SBSS, SVSS, SCCMAS, EBRC
Chris,

Great job. Already clearing my calendar.

Thanks,

Don
Jan 02, 2017, 02:37 AM
Team Futaba
Make sure to get every contest venue hooked up with Lee's awesome timer system!! It is incredible!

SO I flew a Tour event and didn't even know it? Cool!

Oh, and thanks for posting a link to the F5J rules cut away from the rest of the entire rule book. Already saw a couple of things I had wrong in my head.

Here's the link to save others some time:

http://www.f5j-usa.com/wp-content/up...-only-2017.pdf
Last edited by Silent-AV8R; Jan 02, 2017 at 02:44 AM.
Jan 02, 2017, 10:16 AM
Chris has done a great job in spearheading this and building a first class website to support it!
Looking forward to flying F5J events in more places this year.

Lenny
Jan 02, 2017, 01:38 PM
F5J is a great new event and gaining popularity all over the world. Thanks to Chris for having the motivation to coordinate the formation of this Series.

There is a lot going for F5J:
  • Interesting Strategy based on launch height
  • Simple Logistics - All you need is a plane, batteries and a charger
  • No Teams or Team Protection
  • Easy for organizers to run - easy to set up and rearrange for wind changes

I hope to see you at a few events...
Jim
Jan 02, 2017, 03:14 PM
Really looking forward to jumping in and getting going in F5J competition. Chris thanks for jumping in and taking the initiative to get this rolling. All my appreciation for the work you have committed to.
Larry
Jan 02, 2017, 04:17 PM
Going to try some f5j this year .Maybe we can stir up some interest in the midwest and get a tour event in Chicago
Jan 02, 2017, 06:49 PM