Jan 01, 2017, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

XLPower 520 Helicopter Mikado 480 ?

Found this on Banggood.com. It Looks very similar to the Mikado Logo 480.
Starting price is $400.Anyone got one of these ?

http://www.banggood.com/XLPower-520-...rmmds=category
Last edited by lahiru; Jan 05, 2017 at 12:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2017, 01:07 PM
This is a new developed heli from china. You can find some info and the development progress on helifreak. Its been offered in the marked just a few weeks.

BA
Jan 01, 2017, 03:22 PM
www.scotiarc.co.uk - OMP Helis
I dont see any resemblance to the Logo other than the canopy colour scheme?

EDIT.. i take that back, actually when i compare then there is a strong resemblance between this heli and the Logo 480. If it's a direct clone i wouldn't like to say but it certainly has vary similar design.
Last edited by Smoggie; Jan 01, 2017 at 06:16 PM.
Jan 02, 2017, 05:24 AM
Already posted on HF a few weeks back, it has Logo inspired looks but it's definitely not a clone. For one thing it has a teetering tail rotor hub like a Goblin 380.
Jan 11, 2017, 07:47 AM
I like the direct-drive belt tail, but having the pulley above the main gear makes service more awkward than having it below. The upside is the higher boom looks better and potentially has aerodynamic advantages.

No third bearing for the main shaft, but 10mm main and 8mm spindle are beefy for a 500.

Dual point tail mechanism looks good.

Being able to use "medium", presumably mini, and standard servos is a good feature.

The aileron servo placement is odd, resulting in widely spaced main frames. Since the main frames are one piece, however, perhaps the width is needed to accommodate the batteries.

With the frames set so wide, it's good to see a carbon stiffener in front of the main shaft.

To me, it's a good looking heli, but as an unknown and untested brand, the price is possibly too high.
Jan 11, 2017, 08:27 AM
I agree with 2D on pricing of an untested brand heli. Right now we see a trend from align with lower prices and belt helis so maybe the seller of this heli should consider better pricing. I followed this heli development on HF before there was any published price, and i expected a $199 price tag.

BA
Jan 12, 2017, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Angel
I agree with 2D on pricing of an untested brand heli. Right now we see a trend from align with lower prices and belt helis so maybe the seller of this heli should consider better pricing. I followed this heli development on HF before there was any published price, and i expected a $199 price tag.

BA
They surely developed this before Align decided on their "in your face" tactics towards cloners.
Jan 12, 2017, 10:14 AM
Yes, smart and good move by Align..Even beginners on budget would buy align now.

BA
Jan 12, 2017, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Angel
Yes, smart and good move by Align..Even beginners on budget would buy align now.

BA
Exactly. I started with ALZRC 450 but if I would start now it would be an Align 470 LP.

I wanted to upgrade to a Gartt 700 to enter the big class. I ended up getting the align.

With competitive pricing they get the costumers. People will allways buy the clone if it costs half the money.
Yes cloning is unethical and supporting the company that did R&D is the right thing to do. Most of us work hard for their money though so clones that cost half the money will allways be sold. Align got that.

Quick Reply