Lets Cheer Ourselves Up - 2017 U.K. Autogyro Flyins, Come One Come All!! - Page 13 - RC Groups
Sep 20, 2017, 08:03 PM
Rich
Sorry to here about that ....it's a real bummer when you have prang's that you think may be "radio effect ' and cant find the reason as there are so many components along the chain....but two prang's does point in the direction of the TX.
Only last week I invested in a new radio system .
My JR 9X has a 30 model memory and has been full for quite a time and I have 30 receivers to go with it.
So I decided to go with a Fly sky 6 i X and three receivers at a super cheep price .
The price of the radio and three receivers is less than half the price that I was paying for a JR 6 channel RX back in about 1993......amazing.
Happy Landings & Happy Hunting
Chris...
Last edited by britinoz; Sep 20, 2017 at 10:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2017, 04:34 PM
Thanks again Steve for another great day out and for the weather. Great to see another newcomer with his successful atom and Tims DAG finally fly and so successfully.

Tim what header and pipe and pipe are you using on the DAG

See you all at Old Warden

Graham
Sep 22, 2017, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham L
Thanks again Steve for another great day out and for the weather. Great to see another newcomer with his successful atom and Tims DAG finally fly and so successfully.

Tim what header and pipe and pipe are you using on the DAG

See you all at Old Warden

Graham

Hi Graham, it's a homemade header using parts from https://www.krumscheid-metallwaren.d...op.php?lang=EN

And the can is from http://jmb-brecka.com/en/en-content/rear-outlet
The can mounts are homemade but I have this one on standby if the current one cracks the header again due to vibration
https://www.krumscheid-metallwaren.d...op.php?lang=EN
Sep 23, 2017, 07:49 AM
Hi Tim

Thanks for the info. Have been thinking about a 20cc 3D gasser for a while but noise restrictions at our site would be a problem. Did notice how quiet your DAG was and it is making me think again.

Cheers

Graham
Sep 25, 2017, 02:21 AM
Even with the original prop, Turnigy Cherry 16x8, it was 81 db at 7 meters etc, much to the amazement/disappointment of the club noise 👮. I haven't measured it on this prop yet but top end is down nearly 1800 rpm with no appreciable loss of performance, but I would guess its about 75 db.
Sep 26, 2017, 03:47 PM
Looks like I'm on for Saturday morning to cash in my Winterton raffle prize .. Old Warden here we come... excited .com !!
Oct 09, 2017, 11:44 PM
What could possibly go wrong!!
Any pics of your flight Steve?
Details of the Old Warden fly in will follow but put a note in your diaries for Sunday October 22nd.
Chas
Oct 10, 2017, 05:21 AM
Amazing day ....big thanks to Steve

Steve Jones flight in GPAFF (30 min 46 sec)
Last edited by 106flyer; Oct 10, 2017 at 10:36 AM.
Oct 10, 2017, 11:13 AM
Best quid you ever spent Steve
Oct 10, 2017, 12:39 PM
looking good there Captain Jones or were you The First Officer?
Oct 10, 2017, 12:53 PM
Nope , rear gunner !!

Def Rich ... the ONLY way to fly
Oct 13, 2017, 04:30 PM
Hi Steve
What a great experience and a great day as well. Very envious.
Hope to see you on 22nd

Graham
Oct 14, 2017, 02:10 AM
Cheers Graham, you need to drop the hint to your family for a future treat . Amazing

Yep looking forward to breakfast and another good day on 22nd

Steve
Oct 14, 2017, 06:34 AM
Mmmm, I don't like the look of the XC weather forecast on the Saturday, winds gusting to 64mph buts let's hope that changes����
Oct 15, 2017, 03:40 AM
Flying backwards comp anyone ??? ...I'm in !!

Steve