The Col. David S. Graben Memorial Electric Flight Festival (St. George, UT 29-30 SEP) - RC Groups
Dec 30, 2016, 06:50 PM
They call me Lipo.....
Fly-In

The Col. David S. Graben Memorial Electric Flight Festival (St. George, UT 29-30 SEP)

Alright, it's here.....the eagerly anticipated Saint George Electric Festival 2017 thread !!!

Here's the place to:
A) Discuss future builds in relation to the event (i.e. What are you bringing???)
B) Share ideas, concerns, etc.
C) Maybe decide/determine what the theme (if any) should be. BTW, Pat already brought up the possibility of CAS (Close Air Support) being a central theme....
D) What are we going to call ourselves, if anything???
E) Whatever you'd like to discuss in relation to the impending gathering of eagles....

Anyway, we're cocked, locked and ready to rock!

Let's get this party started

EDIT: In loving memory of our friend COL David "Dave" Graben, this event has been duly named in his honor. May we all fly our models at this event in remembrance of this true Patriot and Aviator....
Last edited by Justwingit; Jan 11, 2017 at 05:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2016, 07:01 PM
I'm on board!!! Have an A1.. and ( for my Heli entry...a UH-1E gunship) can you say "close air support"?
Dec 30, 2016, 07:02 PM
They call me Lipo.....

Theme.....

Anybody want to start things off by positing a theme for the 2017 event?

Pat brought up the possibility of CAS.....I like that idea. Lot's of aircraft have fulfilled that mission over the years and one that is VERY critical to mission accomplishment. Would cover/include a bewildering number of aircraft possibilities, cover virtually every war fought since the advent of aviation, and folks could fly propeller-driven models, EDFs, and even Helis (Looking out for you Jim ).

Besides, CAS aircraft look fantastic all loaded out with their ordnance hanging off the wings
Latest blog entry: E-flite UMX Timber!
Dec 30, 2016, 07:03 PM
EB-66C Team Member

Fresh thread

I'm with you.
Thanks for a fresh start
Dec 30, 2016, 07:08 PM
They call me Lipo.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by coptercptn
I'm on board!!! Have an A1.. and ( for my Heli entry...a UH-1E gunship) can you say "close air support"?
Sure can Jim! A UH-1E gunship can provide CAS all day long....

"Fixed or rotary-winged aircraft against hostile targets, that are in close proximity to friendly forces, and which requires detailed integration of each air mission with fire and movement of these forces."
JP 3-09.3, 25 November 2014
Dec 30, 2016, 07:11 PM
They call me Lipo.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Joos
I'm with you.
Thanks for a fresh start
Absolutely Wade !

Looking forward to seeing what fantastic models you plan on making for this trip

Dec 30, 2016, 09:49 PM
EB-66C Team Member
OK, so we're over here on the new thread, let's talk awards.

J
Dec 30, 2016, 10:10 PM
They call me Lipo.....
Yup...that just happened !!!
Dec 30, 2016, 10:27 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Evelyn and I are going to skip for personal reasons. Thanks to those who made us feel welcome these past three years. You guys will always be family and we hope to fly with you again sometime.

Best,
Tony
Dec 30, 2016, 11:01 PM
man, we're gonna miss you guys! who is gonna be 'the guy with The face'?... i still have to post that pic from the last day
hope things are going ok. best wishes.
-beanie
Dec 30, 2016, 11:14 PM
Foam abuser!
I'm in! Can't wait.

Pat
Dec 31, 2016, 12:10 AM
Capt. Z
Super cool on the award John..
Dec 31, 2016, 12:23 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie
man, we're gonna miss you guys! who is gonna be 'the guy with The face'?... i still have to post that pic from the last day
hope things are going ok. best wishes.
-beanie
Thankfully, it won't be me! Things are great and looking forward to new adventures in 2017.

Thanks for your friendship Ben!

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year!
Dec 31, 2016, 09:19 AM
Rotor madness!
I was following the other thread, and jumped in here as well... did I miss it somewhere, or have the dates not been finalized?

I met some of you folks in Chino Valley in 2015 (I'm a CVMA member), and would love to join you for a weekend of flying. A trip to St. George might just be in the cards for me this year. That's a busy time for us, though, and it depends on the final dates...

Also, dry camping at the site would be a huge plus if they decide to allow it...
Dec 31, 2016, 10:39 AM
Happy New Year to everyone!!!
I'm booked for St. George, getting healed up, and back in the ManCave (finally!!) to get some new things built and flying!!!