with 4s....that OEM motor will overheat
Mar 01, 2017, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
You probably have to change to a smaller prop
with 4s....that OEM motor will overheat
That's what I was afraid of...
Mar 06, 2017, 12:08 AM
My night flyer - replaces the night eagle equipped Conscendo I crashed into a tree at CFL FPV
Mar 06, 2017, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel
My night flyer - replaces the night eagle equipped Conscendo I crashed into a tree at CFL FPV
That looks AWESOME!!!
Mar 07, 2017, 10:03 PM
Gravity is patient............
Anyone know where I can find the programming manual for the esc supplied in the pnp version?
Mar 09, 2017, 07:39 AM
I received my StratoSurfer yesterday at 4p and flew the maiden by 4:30p. Super easy to assemble and set up. I just connected a FrSky receiver and a 3300 3S battery, adjusted the elevator travel and DONE! Easiest build ever. She flew like a dream LOS. Floats forever. Next up is the Vector, camera and larger battery. If you are on the fence about getting this plane, go for it. The only negative I can see is that I wish the wing was easier to remove for transporting. The plane just barely fits in my trunk at a funky angle.
Mar 09, 2017, 07:54 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero352
I received my StratoSurfer yesterday at 4p and flew the maiden by 4:30p. Super easy to assemble and set up. I just connected a FrSky receiver and a 3300 3S battery, adjusted the elevator travel and DONE! Easiest build ever. She flew like a dream LOS. Floats forever. Next up is the Vector, camera and larger battery. If you are on the fence about getting this plane, go for it. The only negative I can see is that I wish the wing was easier to remove for transporting. The plane just barely fits in my trunk at a funky angle.

Do you think it's a cake to hand launch with
multistar 3s 5200mah 10C (~350g)

edit:
yup its no problem
Last edited by rclab1; Mar 09, 2017 at 05:13 PM.
Mar 09, 2017, 08:20 AM
As long as the CG is good, I don't think you will have a problem. I am planning to fly with a 5450mah 3S that I have this weekend.
Mar 11, 2017, 08:45 PM
Alan Berg
Anyone know what size the prop nut is? The one that came with my kit is either cross threaded or the threads are cut at an angle and it's not the typical nut like the rest of my 2212 motors have. (It's larger.) Thanks!

Edit: It's an M6, as explained below.
Last edited by Whirlwind22; Mar 19, 2017 at 06:46 AM.
Mar 13, 2017, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlwind22
Anyone know what size the prop nut is? The one that came with my kit is either cross threaded or the threads are cut at an angle and it's not the typical 5mm like the rest of my 2212 motors have. (It's larger.) Thanks!

Edit: I think it may be M5 which would make sense because I think my other smaller 2212 shafts are M4...(?)
Should be an M6
Mar 13, 2017, 05:13 PM
Man, I saw that tree teach out and grab your plane....

You have inspired me to add lights to the onside of the fuse on mine... Might do wings too, but inside the fuse is awesome!

Very well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel
Mar 13, 2017, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=The only negative I can see is that I wish the wing was easier to remove for transporting. The plane just barely fits in my trunk at a funky angle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. I found a AAA powered screwdriver at Walmart and ground down the tip of one of the Phillips bits to fit the wing bolts perfect.

This was my first night flyer and I did the LOS, FPV, and night FPV maidens at CFLFPV this year. That owl plus cam is great!

This plane can be flown relaxing as well as sporty. I ran the flagged race course on the side of the field with it day and night. Wasn't super fast, but was really fun!
Mar 14, 2017, 07:39 AM
The electric screwdriver is a great idea. Have you been able to get another Velcro strap to go through another battery mount hole set? I don't like having just 1 strap. Thanks!
Mar 14, 2017, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero352
The electric screwdriver is a great idea. Have you been able to get another Velcro strap to go through another battery mount hole set? I don't like having just 1 strap. Thanks!
I run a thin velcro strap around each battery lengthwise- such that the side that will stick to the installed strap will adhere to this strap. This prevents the battery from moving fore and aft in flight.
Latest blog entry: Old OpenTX and Taranis Videos