Sep 25, 2020, 09:52 AM
!!!SkySlayer!!!
I also flew it yesterday and it flew great. I only had 5 to 10 minutes of daylight left and it was pretty windy. But it flew great level and i got it down safely which was amazing since i lost visuals on it, only twice.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2020, 10:29 AM
fly it high as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.wayne
The only issue i see is that the tail isn't solid
I reinforced it by 2nd screw and peace of glued plywood
Oct 06, 2020, 04:35 PM
!!!SkySlayer!!!
Update on the tail i don't know if it was all the way in the hole? Maybe it was? I took the tail apart and clipped off 1/8 inch or so of the screw. While the tail was apart i screwed the screw into the hole and it seemed like the plastic was its first time being penetrated. So im thinking thats why it wasn't solid as it is now. When i put the tail together its is as sturdy as i would expect. Originally the screw seemed like it couldn't screw in any more. When i took the screw out there was plastic shaving on the threads. Humm anyways problem solved

I have been flying this plane exclusively, lately making all the other ones jealous. I have been getting 45min flights flying with a 4cell 3000mah.

My surfer set up
HGLRC fd2408 1700kv spinning a azure power 6.1x4.5x3 premium carbon fiber prop. Out of about ten different props including the apc 6x4 and 6x5 prop the azure prop produces the most thrust and the highest spees for the surfer. I have only flown it on 4cell so far but sometime sooner or later im going to strap a 6cell in there and see how she flys.

For the rx im using the frsky r9 stab which is the exact same thing as the S8R except the frequency is 915mhz.

Esc is the frsky neuron S 60amp. I have always had telemetry in my quads and the two other planes i own. Its nice to know how many amps and how many mah i have used and the temp is a big one to, got to know if things are burning up.

Im using emax ES09MD servos and its to early to tell how good the servos are. I ordered them directly from emax so they took a plane over the ocean. All of the servos are in working order and they seem fast and they hold well too. I have thr glider set up full house with snap flaps which i love on the plane since the rudder limits the travel of the elevator. I also set up full length camber and full length ailerons which help it out a little when i get acro fever. It also helps alot flying real slow when im finding lift or in it.

Thats all i have in the plane so far i the plane. I know this isnt a legit glider but i have been having fun flying in thermals. This is my first experience using thermal activity as lift and its enough to lift the plane up without having to use the elevator. Unfortunately im not to the point where i can ride the lift up without the motor on just a little bit maybe 5 to 10 %. I assume that's because either the planes limitations or the lift hasnt been strong enough. Soon im going to slap a camera on a pan servo, so i can strech its legs a bit. As far as i can fly this plane away from me the rssi hasnt gone below 80db and the vfr hasi been below 75 either and i only have the r9m lite pro set to 100mw and i have only been using the stock monopole on it. I have a true rc moxon thats a real great preformer.
Oct 06, 2020, 04:38 PM
!!!SkySlayer!!!
IL76MD was your tail always loose? Or over time it loosened up and became sloppy?
Oct 07, 2020, 03:33 AM
Regarding loose tails, I'd agree that the supplied screw is a fraction too long. When the screw is in as far as it can go, my horizontal stabiliser is able to move around the axis of the screw. Taking a couple of mm off the screw (or maybe adding a couple of washers) should allow the vertical stabiliser to clamp down on to the horizontal stabiliser a bit better. Something for me to try later today...
Oct 07, 2020, 09:27 AM
!!!SkySlayer!!!
I used some diagonal cutting pliers to cut off the tip of the screw.

This is the type of cutters i used.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagonal_pliers
Oct 09, 2020, 10:15 AM
fly it high as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.wayne
IL76MD was your tail always loose?
Not always, but I fixed it from beginning to make sure it is more robust.

Quick Reply