Dec 29, 2016, 01:39 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Sears and Kmart are closing more stores see if your store is on the list

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sears-...200300228.html
Dec 30, 2016, 12:55 AM
Alarm Bells Softening!
The one in Tulsa where I bought a very expensive 3-speed bike in about 1960 is closing.

RIP Sears....
Dec 30, 2016, 01:19 AM
Our Kmart left a long time ago.

It's Bush's fault.
Dec 30, 2016, 01:20 AM
Don't care much Kmart, but hate to see sears go. I really looked forward to their catalogs.
Dec 30, 2016, 02:56 AM
It's tough watching Sears go. It was a big part of my childhood.

Loved going through the Christmas wish book. You can find the pages scanned in online with a google search.

It was a place my Mom shopped and bought all sorts of housewares and virtually every appliance from the stove. to the fridge to the stereo. I remember getting tires on the car and other service there. I purchased a lot of craftsmen tools and the very first gas powered weedwacker (made by Poulan) that I purchased came from there in 1982.

Time and business models march on. It's tough to compete with the internet.
Dec 30, 2016, 07:32 AM
FrankC
"That means the retailer will have fewer than 1,500 stores left by early 2017. That's down nearly 60% from 2011, when Sears had more than 3,500 stores."

Sears will have closed 2,000 stores in just 6 years. I am concerned for one of my daughters, she works in one of the Sears outlet stores. Some of them have closed recently too, but if the whole corporation fails she will be job hunting. One other aspect of this, when a store closes all of their employees hit the job market at one time, and other stores won't be able to absorb all of them.
Dec 30, 2016, 08:25 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
This is the result when a hedge-fund executive with little retail experience is put in charge of a retail giant and kept there.
Dec 30, 2016, 09:43 AM
This is no shock. The companies fell far behind the times and the competition. This is what happens when you try to run an old business model in the modern world. Hopefully they can get lean and back on track.
Dec 30, 2016, 10:06 AM
Random Pic #23982
Companies start, grow, thrive, prosper then fail. All of them.

It is the way it is supposed to be.
Dec 31, 2016, 01:25 PM
Nitro; It revs your heart!
Last time I went to Sears they were selling the same Chinese hex wrenches that HF was at twice the price. Pretty poor marketing concept if you ask me.
Dec 31, 2016, 02:18 PM
Whew, both Sears and Kmart here are safe, not that I shop there often.
Jan 05, 2017, 11:18 AM
Alarm Bells Softening!
And there goes Craftsman!
Quote:
Sears Holdings Corp. said it would close another 150 stores and sell its Craftsman tool brand for $900 million, as the cash-strapped retailer continues to shrink and battle slumping sales.

Sears is flipping the Craftsman brand to Stanley Black & Decker Inc., and it will license back the ability to sell Craftsman-branded products royalty-free for 15 years after the deal’s closing. The acquisition gives Stanley the rights to develop, manufacture and sell Craftsman-branded products outside of Sears.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/sears-se...ker-1483623215
Jan 05, 2017, 11:27 AM
"Cracking Toast Grommit!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
Jan 05, 2017, 11:29 AM
Stores close because there aren't enough people with money to buy stuff.

Think of all this as Obama's last "FU America" send-off.
Jan 12, 2017, 12:27 AM
Thank the republicans as well as the democrats.

Quick Reply