Dec 29, 2016, 09:14 AM
Question

GT500 in Cycle mode

Hey, I'm exercising my new GT500 that I received for Christmas. So far I'm loving it, but I have some questions. I'm using the lead acid cycle mode to evaluate some older SLA batteries that have been sitting around the shop. I have also used this mode on previous chargers to evaluate reclaimed NiCd or NiMh cells.

My first question, is there a way to review all the discharge/charge data for the current session, or is it limited to showing only the last cycle? I'm hoping I can review all the results for the most recent session so that I can see trends (good or bad).

Second question, my last cycle ended in a charge session. The data on screen seems to toggle. At first I thought this was showing the last discharge stats, but the data does not make sense (at least to me). The Battery Amps stat will toggle between 0mA and a very large negative number like -48.90A. That negative number will drift, sometimes showing -57A. I've attached some photos showing this. Why is this stat changing? Is there a reason for it to be toggling?

P.S. My charger firmware has been updated to V2.27.
Last edited by trimmkm; Dec 29, 2016 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Added version info.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2016, 05:41 PM
I believe this to be an underflow display anomaly. Please ignore it for the time being while we fix the bug. Thanks!