Force RC - FMS A-10 Thunderbolt II - RC Groups

Force RC - FMS A-10 Thunderbolt II

Force RC is closing out 2016 with a brand new A-10 Thunderbolt II. It's a 1500mm wingspan model that features twin 70mm electric ducted fans and it looks to have some amazing details baked in...

Splash

Force RC's Latest EDF Warbird From FMS

Force RC is closing out 2016 with a brand new A-10 Thunderbolt II. It's a 1500mm wingspan model that features twin 70mm electric ducted fans and it looks to have some amazing details baked in. It has rivets, panel lines, bombs, missiles, and killer paint/decal work. It's one of the best looking foamie A-10's we've seen. It comes with electric retracts, power system and digital MG servos installed. All you need to provide is your radio system and a 6S 5000mAH lipo. The power system consists of twin 70mm 12-blade fans attached to 1850KV inrunner motors and 70a ESC's which should provide plenty of go juice for the 9lb model.

Learn more about the new Force RC A-10 Thunderbolt II here.

Dec 29, 2016, 01:32 AM
Needs More Go Fast....
Why is this being labeled as a "ForceRC A-10" instead of FMS?

Also, are these sponsored write ups?
Dec 29, 2016, 08:37 AM
RCGroups Editor
News stories published by RCGroups staff are just that: news stories. There's no money exchanging hands or back room dealings... quite the opposite! We do news stories on any and all new products or interesting gadgets in the industry, regardless of whether the company is a site supporter or not. Hope that helps clarify for you.

Matt
Dec 29, 2016, 06:19 PM
its TALON TIME!
Also, this is not the foamy forum
Dec 29, 2016, 06:50 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
Also, this is not the foamy forum
Perhaps we should have separated the edf units from the "foamy" and just posted pictures of them?
Dec 29, 2016, 07:10 PM
Fly more Foam
I have been an avid fan of the A10 and fly a Wowplanes foam A10. In following the new releases i strongly feel that to list this as another manufacture and not as the Distrubutor of this FMS manufactured plane will just confuse people. If any product is to be here as a review it and all should reflect the actual manufacture instead of mislabeling the Distributor as a manufacture.
I hope the moderators of these forums can understand this and make or have the reviews reflect correctly.
Dec 29, 2016, 08:39 PM
Needs More Go Fast....
I mentioned this in the first post, they responded but I doubt that they care. I think this was a grab to create the first post despite it having very little information out it. Also, I just noticed in the title "News Force RC" lol. There's already a thread on this plane, why does there need to be another, I find it rare that these new product pages ever hold water past the first month because the initial thread was already created.

Though, I can see them posting these then never looking at them again because people like us are *eye rollers* they they're tired of it and don't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401
I have been an avid fan of the A10 and fly a Wowplanes foam A10. In following the new releases i strongly feel that to list this as another manufacture and not as the Distrubutor of this FMS manufactured plane will just confuse people. If any product is to be here as a review it and all should reflect the actual manufacture instead of mislabeling the Distributor as a manufacture.
I hope the moderators of these forums can understand this and make or have the reviews reflect correctly.
Dec 29, 2016, 09:54 PM
its TALON TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
Perhaps we should have separated the edf units from the "foamy" and just posted pictures of them?

I have nothing against foamies, but there are rules in these forums, and theres a specific place for foamies...thats all im saying. And pretty sure theres already a very developed thread on this fms model over there
Dec 29, 2016, 11:47 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
I have nothing against foamies, but there are rules in these forums, and theres a specific place for foamies...thats all im saying. And pretty sure theres already a very developed thread on this fms model over there
Once again, this is a news story. You should notice that it looks very different from a standard thread. It gets more exposure than a standard thread. It's located on the home page, in the forums, and in the channels pages, making them seen by many different people that wouldn't normally see it. Almost every single news story we do has a standard thread started by the members. Hope that helps you understand.

Additionally, the plane's home subforum could go either way; it's an EDF jet and its made of foam. We post something in a forum and someone gets upset, post the same item in another forum and another guy objects, we post a news story and someone states "there's already a thread for that"... it happens all the time. We do our best to pick the correct subforum for the product; can't make everyone happy all the time.
Last edited by Matt Gunn; Dec 29, 2016 at 11:57 PM.
Dec 30, 2016, 08:59 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
You made me happy, I want one!
Dec 31, 2016, 07:58 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Quote:
I think admins who are editors have earned the right to post their news stories in areas they think are suitable. They do work for the place, after all.
Dec 31, 2016, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin
I think admins who are editors have earned the right to post their news stories in areas they think are suitable. They do work for the place, after all.
FWIW Corsair Nut's done more than his share of contributing builds and info to the EDF forums, which wouldn't exist if it were not for contributors like him. A few product release threads would not keep the forums alive. It's a contradiction in terms to expect top contributors to not have some sense of ownership in the forums that they are regulars in. Comes with the territory, and not really a bad thing either IMO.
Jan 01, 2017, 03:36 AM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiArf
FWIW Corsair Nut's done more than his share of contributing builds and info to the EDF forums, which wouldn't exist if it were not for contributors like him. A few product release threads would not keep the forums alive. It's a contradiction in terms to expect top contributors to not have some sense of ownership in the forums that they are regulars in. Comes with the territory, and not really a bad thing either IMO.
His contributions are well noted, but that does not negate the point. It's a bit like being told how to do your job.

Regarding the plane, I'm not a warbird guy, but I'd get one of these because they're just so nice looking.