Dec 28, 2016, 01:53 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

shaft reversal on a hobby people G91?

I bought a Hobby People G91 motor and the shaft is set up on the wrong side of what I need. One end has an E clip that fits a groove in the shaft.
Is it worth messing with this and putting a collar on the other end if I reverse the shaft, or is this one of those things I should just return and get a different motor?
Advice wanted.
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...m-bullets.html
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2016, 09:14 AM
I am a nice guy! Really!
A quote from the manual for your motor:
The supplied propeller adapter is screwed to the
motorís outer rotating can at the opposite end to the
supplied motor mount..
Optional propeller mounts are available to fit to the
main shaft, if you mount the motor behind a models
bulkhead and the main shaft protrudes through it.
Propeller Selection (See the Propeller Chart)
According to that your motor should have come with a prop adapter for one end of the motor and you can buy a collet type for the shaft if you need it.
Dec 28, 2016, 12:14 PM
Thread OP

How do I reverse the shaft?

Mike, first, thanks for the reply and help. I appreciate it. I am reading your words, but not understanding. The collet is not the issue. The shaft is coming out the wrong side of the motor. I need the mounting bulkhead behind the motor can and the stock configuration has it in front of the can.

The photo with the sticker on the can is the way it is, the photo without the sticker is how I need it. The problem is the shaft seems to be designed to fit only one way due to the groove and clip on one end.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dubovsky View Post
A quote from the manual for your motor:
The supplied propeller adapter is screwed to the
motorís outer rotating can at the opposite end to the
supplied motor mount..
Optional propeller mounts are available to fit to the
main shaft, if you mount the motor behind a models
bulkhead and the main shaft protrudes through it.
Propeller Selection (See the Propeller Chart)
According to that your motor should have come with a prop adapter for one end of the motor and you can buy a collet type for the shaft if you need it.
Dec 28, 2016, 01:40 PM
Thread OP
OK, I got it now. There is a separate prop shaft adapter that bolts to the other end of the can. So the shaft that sticks out of the motor is essentially not used. Usually this is the part with the prop on it and a collet. In this case there is a bolt on part that goes to the other side.

Mike, thanks for the help. I do appreciate it.
Jeff
Dec 28, 2016, 07:20 PM
I am a nice guy! Really!
Some people cut off the unneeded shaft on the other end, but I leave it on if it is not in the way. If you do cut it off, put the motor in a baggie and poke just the shaft through a hole in the baggie. That way any metal filings will be easier to clean up before they get to the motor magnets.

Quick Reply