Dec 28, 2016, 01:49 AM
Isaiah 40:31
Thread OP
Build Log

STAR WARS - T65 X-Wing Starfighter

Hi Guys,

A few months ago, I designed an X-wing that I was hoping to build before the new StarWars Rogue one, came out. But with a change of Job and house move I didn't manage it. I had uploaded my plans to my Blog page as always, and Gareth in South Africa wanted to be the test pilot and test my design.

I am delighted to tell you that test flights are progressing nicely, and on the evening I returned from seeing the film (awesome by the way), he coincidentally posted his first video of the flight. How cool is that!!!

Although it's not finished yet, and his 60% model doesn't have the Laser cannons or engines on the wings, the results are very exciting.

My X-Wing was designed to have folding wings, which we will try later on, as it will help a lot with landing, but will possibly need a shifting battery to adjust the CG in flight to achieve this....

My plans are on my blog page :-

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=435614

Latest Test flight :-

Clickety's X-wing (1 min 41 sec)

Gareth comments :-

"The x-wing needed no up trim with the CG at 1cm behind the wing leading edge, but seems to drop the left wing when it stalls, as you can see at the end of the video. I was trying to turn right but lost speed and returned to earth rather swiftly"
Last edited by Clickety; Dec 28, 2016 at 01:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2017, 09:28 PM
Insta: Check5_Av8r
Cool!
Jan 16, 2017, 01:01 PM
If it flies, I crash it!
Nice flight!
Does it turn right?
Jan 21, 2017, 10:54 PM
Isaiah 40:31
Thread OP
Sure!