GitUp G3 Duo ***owners thread*** - Page 5 - RC Groups
Aug 08, 2017, 06:44 AM
Pretty sure that price doesn't include the slave cam. Still pretty neat GitUp brings out a new camera and keeps the price the same as the 'old' GIT2

Wonder what the GPS module looks like.

*edit:

From the GitUp website:

Support Bluetooth Wrist Remote Control (Optional)

Support External GPS Module (Optional)

Easy to Use Side Open Skeleton Case (Optional)

Slave Camera for GitUp G3 Duo (Optional)
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Aug 08, 2017 at 07:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2017, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Pretty sure that price doesn't include the slave cam. Still pretty neat GitUp brings out a new camera and keeps the price the same as the 'old' GIT2

Wonder what the GPS module looks like.

*edit:

From the GitUp website:

Support Bluetooth Wrist Remote Control (Optional)

Support External GPS Module (Optional)

Easy to Use Side Open Skeleton Case (Optional)

Slave Camera for GitUp G3 Duo (Optional)
[I]Support Bluetooth Wrist Remote Control - In development
Support External GPS Module (Optional) - Available

Easy to Use Side Open Skeleton Case (Optional) - Available

Slave Camera for GitUp G3 Duo (Optional)- Available

Slave camera with GPS module bundle (Optional) - Available
Aug 08, 2017, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
[I]Support Bluetooth Wrist Remote Control - In development
Support External GPS Module (Optional) - Available

Easy to Use Side Open Skeleton Case (Optional) - Available

Slave Camera for GitUp G3 Duo (Optional)- Available

Slave camera with GPS module bundle (Optional) - Available
Dear bill,

1) when will it be available?
2) gitup website does not work properly on phones, the images are not being resized, you should check that.
3)on the las picture of the git3 you show the two cases, but they are both the same? Photoshop error or I am wrong?
4)the git2 can be used as a slave camera?
Aug 08, 2017, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachox
Dear bill,

2) gitup website does not work properly on phones, the images are not being resized, you should check that.
3)on the las picture of the git3 you show the two cases, but they are both the same? Photoshop error or I am wrong?
3) they do look the same, but one is waterproof (completely) and the other one has an opening for cables (and probably also sound) and will protect against light rain and such but cannot be used for diving of course.
Aug 08, 2017, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachox
Dear bill,

This week will complete the testing for the latest PCB, soon will prepare the production.
It is hard to show the difference on the jpg for the skeleton case.
Some slave camera from dash camera which use IMX323 sensor may be compatible with G3.
Aug 08, 2017, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
Some slave camera from dash camera which use IMX323 sensor may be compatible with G3.
Do you know if my Mini0906 dashcam slave (waterproof) will work?

It has the correct connector, but I don't know if it is wired the same, don't want to damage them, but if there is a standard and they are all compatible then I can give it a try...
Aug 08, 2017, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
Do you know if my Mini0906 dashcam slave (waterproof) will work?

It has the correct connector, but I don't know if it is wired the same, don't want to damage them, but if there is a standard and they are all compatible then I can give it a try...
You can have a try.
We have tested with some other dash cam rear camera, it works.

I thought it is not so easy to damage the G3, even you connect the power cable to the rear camera USB port, it will not damage it.
Aug 11, 2017, 01:37 PM
Hi guys, what do you think comparing Xiaomi YI 4k and new Gitup Git 3? Is there a big difference?
Aug 11, 2017, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamba2108
Hi guys, what do you think comparing Xiaomi YI 4k and new Gitup Git 3? Is there a big difference?
I've not actually used the Yi, but I believe it has the same sensor so the difference should not be huge

For 4K resolution, the Yi does do genuine 4K while the G3 doesn't, but the G3 can use the gyro stabiliser at 2160 resolution while the Yi can't.

If you are going to be using 1080 60fps, which I guess most Yi owners do, then I think the G3 will win on lens quality, gyro stabilisation and zoom, not sure the Yi wins on anything except maybe fisheye correction, but the G3 also does OK on fisheye if you use a bit of zoom.

The G3 also has an advantage of using full range 8 bit video, while the Yi uses the restricted TV range (16-235 instead of 0-255) so the G3 has 14% more detail which makes it much better if you want to edit the video and make adjustments to contrast/gamma/colour balance etc.
Aug 12, 2017, 04:56 AM
Quote:
I've not actually used the Yi, but I believe it has the same sensor so the difference should not be huge.
G3 is based on Novatek or Ambarella chipset?
Aug 12, 2017, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird_PL
G3 is based on Novatek or Ambarella chipset?
It's got a new and improved Novatek chip.
Aug 15, 2017, 09:13 AM
A Gitup G3 audio test, from the waves on the sea shore to a rock concert.

Most of it was recorded using a BOYA LM20 external microphone to avoid problems with the wind, but I can't actually hear much difference between that and the internal microphone. It seems to cope with wind better than the Git2, it just sounds like wind instead of sounding like a problem.

Sample rate is 44.1 kHz, same as the Git2, same as a CD. Encoded using AAC with variable bitrate but averaging 112kbps.

Even with an external microphone, the G3 records a single channel, no stereo recording.

Gitup G3 Audio Test - Sidmouth FolkWeek 2017 (5 min 1 sec)

I hope you don't see too many compression artefacts after YouTube has processed it? I uploaded it at a low bitrate since after editing the 1.25GB file was too big to upload, however I don't think that will have had much effect on the audio.
Aug 15, 2017, 09:38 AM
the problem is not artefacts of compression but very stuttering video, even at 720 p there is some stuttering, though i have a 50 MBit VDSL connect. Seems to be a massive YT problem.
But Quality is impressing good though its compressed by YT.
( btw.: stuttering is much heavier on embedded playing than running directly from YT )
Aug 15, 2017, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaDi-RC.de
the problem is not artefacts of compression but very stuttering video, even at 720 p there is some stuttering, though i have a 50 MBit VDSL connect. Seems to be a massive YT problem.
But Quality is impressing good though its compressed by YT.
( btw.: stuttering is much heavier on embedded playing than running directly from YT )
Thanks for the information, I see no stuttering at all! Although 720 is my highest choice because I'm on a mobile connection.

I'm pleased you say "Quality is impressing good ", I compressed it to an average of 5.8Mbps to upload , I wasn't sure what YouTube would do with that at 1080 resolution which I can't see.

Anyone else have stuttering or other issues?
Aug 16, 2017, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the information, I see no stuttering at all! Although 720 is my highest choice because I'm on a mobile connection.

I'm pleased you say "Quality is impressing good ", I compressed it to an average of 5.8Mbps to upload , I wasn't sure what YouTube would do with that at 1080 resolution which I can't see.

Anyone else have stuttering or other issues?
I didnt get any at all,even on the 1080 embedded

Quick Reply