Thread Tools
Jul 20, 2017, 05:52 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Nah, that picture was taken in a flash!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2017, 06:16 AM
Registered User
Nigel_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Nah, that picture was taken in a flash!
And a BANG
Jul 20, 2017, 07:07 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
And a BANG
Bet it did! Lucky for you it was cloud-to-cloud
Jul 20, 2017, 07:54 AM
Registered User
Nigel_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Bet it did! Lucky for you it was cloud-to-cloud
I was safe inside the house, purple lightning = wet.
Jul 20, 2017, 09:08 AM
Registered User
i would choose 1080 over 4k BUT only if it gives me 4:2:2 10 bit, but ofc with a bitrate of 30mbit that won't happen.
Match the quality of a Sony FDR X3000 at 1080 then i'm in.
Jul 20, 2017, 11:49 AM
Registered User
Nigel_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommal
i would choose 1080 over 4k BUT only if it gives me 4:2:2 10 bit, but ofc with a bitrate of 30mbit that won't happen.
Match the quality of a Sony FDR X3000 at 1080 then i'm in.
The Sony FDR X3000 doesn't record in 4:2:2 10 bit at 1080 does it?
I think it even uses the restricted 8 bit TV range for its videos giving it 14% less detail/pixel than the G3.

And it costs a lot more!

And I've not been that impressed by that old fashioned mechanical stabilisation! It does have some advantages in low light but in decent light the G3's electronic stabilisation can respond a lot faster
Jul 23, 2017, 12:37 AM
Registered User
@Nigel

Have you had a chance toplay with the secondary camera or GPS?
Jul 23, 2017, 03:10 AM
Registered User
Nigel_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoaliphant
@Nigel

Have you had a chance toplay with the secondary camera or GPS?
I have played with the secondary camera, it makes a nice dual dashcam. The only real issue is that when you turn it on, the processor can only manage 30fps and no gyro stabilisation so it is not so good on the bicycle where the gyro makes the video a lot more viewable, still works as an accident camera though.

The gyro is really good, an improvement on the Git2 gyro, especially on the front-back rotation axis. This video has front, back, and single stabilised views:

(Note that I set the exposure to include the clouds and also had WDR turned on - not a normal dashcam exposure.)
Gitup G3 Duo Action Camera, Gyro Stabilisation Test (2 min 1 sec)


I've not got a GPS receiver to plug in so haven't played with that but I imagine it is very similar to use as the mini 0906 dual dashcam that uses the same processor and will be released soon and I have played with that. Apparently the G3 GPS is 10Hz though, not the normal 1Hz, don't know if it includes altitude?
Jul 23, 2017, 03:48 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Excellent gyro!
Jul 23, 2017, 04:13 AM
Registered User
Nigel_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Excellent gyro!
I find it hard to believe that it can make that much difference to the jello! Especially when it is also using the zoom!

But I did my best to do the 2 runs in the same lighting, at the same speed, and even rode over the grid at the start of the bumpy bit both times to try and get the same bumps, there was about 10 minutes between the two runs. I did the same the previous day but with poor lighting and some rain on the lens, same result except that some frames had quite a bit of motion blur, though there were still a surprising number of sharp frames, the sensor is much better in low light than the Git2 sensors.
Jul 25, 2017, 05:13 AM
Registered User
Thanks Nigel

Does the secondary camera plug in to same socket as the GPS would?

Is the secondary camera just uvc camera, ie does the Git3 act as a usb host?
It would be awesome if you could use a usb adapter to plug in standard webcams.

Its great about git3 lowlight,im really looking forward to it.
Jul 25, 2017, 01:13 PM
Registered User
Nigel_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoaliphant
Thanks Nigel

Does the secondary camera plug in to same socket as the GPS would?

Is the secondary camera just uvc camera, ie does the Git3 act as a usb host?
It would be awesome if you could use a usb adapter to plug in standard webcams.

Its great about git3 lowlight,im really looking forward to it.
I believe the GPS does plug into the same socket as the slave camera and there will be a multi-way adaptor cable for if you want to use both. I haven't actually seen this yet though.

I don't think it is a uvc camera but I don't know much about the subject, I very much doubt that a webcam is compatible. It seems to send raw video to the Git3 to be processed and encoded into H264 on the Git3. You end up with two 1080 30fps H264 mp4 files, one for each camera. I assume it is compatible with other slave cameras used with this processor such as the mini 0906 dashcam slave. I haven't tried plugging my 0906 slave into the Git3 though since I'm not sure the connectors are wired the same and I don't want to blow up either of them!
Jul 26, 2017, 12:59 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
I believe the GPS does plug into the same socket as the slave camera and there will be a multi-way adaptor cable for if you want to use both. I haven't actually seen this yet though.

I don't think it is a uvc camera but I don't know much about the subject, I very much doubt that a webcam is compatible. It seems to send raw video to the Git3 to be processed and encoded into H264 on the Git3. You end up with two 1080 30fps H264 mp4 files, one for each camera. I assume it is compatible with other slave cameras used with this processor such as the mini 0906 dashcam slave. I haven't tried plugging my 0906 slave into the Git3 though since I'm not sure the connectors are wired the same and I don't want to blow up either of them!
Perfect
Thanks again Nigel, thislooks perfect for me
Al
Jul 28, 2017, 05:20 AM
Registered User
HaDi-RC.de's Avatar
nice


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools