Thread Tools
Jul 06, 2017, 11:21 AM
Registered User
pretty excited for the Git3
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2017, 03:54 PM
Registered User
Nigel_'s Avatar
Some photos:






Jul 11, 2017, 04:21 PM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Love the landscape, but still a lot of sharpening ... if that's straight out of the camera. Is this also on standard saturation?
Jul 12, 2017, 02:31 AM
Registered User
Firebird_PL's Avatar
Please upload raw untouched photos, not affected by forum compression.
Jul 12, 2017, 04:30 AM
Registered User
and without filters . just pictures like normal people would take.
Jul 12, 2017, 04:34 AM
Registered User
Marcofan76's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
Some photos:






Nigel.. why you post only pictures and no video?
Jul 12, 2017, 07:04 PM
Registered User
gitup's Avatar
Nigel prefer photograph than video.
Soon we can see more video out as more samples is available now.
Jul 13, 2017, 04:07 AM
Registered User
Nigel_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Love the landscape, but still a lot of sharpening ... if that's straight out of the camera. Is this also on standard saturation?
It was set to "Colourful", and sharpening set to "Normal", plus I've adjusted the contrast on the computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachox
and without filters . just pictures like normal people would take.
There where no filters on the camera. You might think there was due to the greenish sky in the corners of the photos, this is a result of the camera not being calibrated for the lens, the production cameras will have a different lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird_PL
Please upload raw untouched photos, not affected by forum compression.
Since this is not a production camera and there is still work to do, it is too soon to look in too much detail, you will find issues that wont exist in the production cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcofan76
Nigel.. why you post only pictures and no video?
1. I said I would take some more photos in post #11,
2. I like to post video frame grabs because then people see the true quality instead of YouTube compressed 360 resolution video,
4. I have only just got an exposure lock, and the gyro wasn't calibrated until recently, the video wasn't very good!
3. It takes longer to edit and upload video ...

Here is some video from my walk when I took the photos:
Sharpness was on normal,
Colour was on colourful,
Zoom was on x2.2 - much narrower FOV than normal action camera video.
Resolution was 1080 60fps 37Mb/s
Gyro was on and it is all handheld, remember it is set for x2.2 zoom so keeping it stable while walking is a lot harder for the gyro.
WDR was on.
Wind speed was measured at 36.5Km/h, the microphone has problems at that speed, but so do my ears and holding the camera steady is not so easy!

Kestor Rock, Dartmoor (1 min 36 sec)
Last edited by Nigel_; Jul 13, 2017 at 04:15 AM.
Jul 13, 2017, 04:39 AM
Registered User
Marcofan76's Avatar
Ok thank you!

Nice place! in Sardinia now we have 38 hot summer... your video make me "cold"
Jul 13, 2017, 06:40 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Love those exposed Dartmoor Tors! They look like modern sculptures, but all done by weathering. And it's amazing how much stone-age relics there are up there, so many stone rows, circles, earthworks etc etc, very interesting. Must have been a busy place in times gone by. Wystman Wood is also very nice, especially in fog!

Guess that 'zoomed' in this much the fisheye distortion doesn't show as pronounced as it can be but the IS seems to cope with it. Imo that 'normal' sharpening should be lowered, and this could be 'high' as far as I'm concearned.
Jul 13, 2017, 07:01 AM
Registered User
Nigel_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Love those exposed Dartmoor Tors! They look like modern sculptures, but all done by weathering. And it's amazing how much stone-age relics there are up there, so many stone rows, circles, earthworks etc etc, very interesting. Must have been a busy place in times gone by. Wystman Wood is also very nice, especially in fog!

Guess that 'zoomed' in this much the fisheye distortion doesn't show as pronounced as it can be but the IS seems to cope with it. Imo that 'normal' sharpening should be lowered, and this could be 'high' as far as I'm concearned.
I think that standing stone was a parish boundary marker, I guess from the 18th century! Sometimes also used as path markers for when the snow is deep.
The circle is probably around 5500 years old.
No idea how old the stone bridges are, they get rebuild occasionally after a flood.
The "wild" horses are 13000 years old - http://www.dartmoorhillpony.com/inde...darmoor-ponies

Yes, I was impressed by how the gyro handles full zoom, I wasn't being that careful with holding it steady, just walking normally. This shows the amount of fisheye at full zoom - my monitor is rectangular:
Jul 13, 2017, 07:35 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
I think that standing stone was a parish boundary marker, I guess from the 18th century! Sometimes also used as path markers for when the snow is deep.
The circle is probably around 5500 years old.
No idea how old the stone bridges are, they get rebuild occasionally after a flood.
The "wild" horses are 13000 years old - http://www.dartmoorhillpony.com/inde...darmoor-ponies

Yes, I was impressed by how the gyro handles full zoom, I wasn't being that careful with holding it steady, just walking normally. This shows the amount of fisheye at full zoom - my monitor is rectangular:
Bet that boundary marker was nicked from one of the stone-rows or circles

That's not bad with a fisheye lens; this makes those superwide angle lenses more useful for 'normal' use too. Throw in a bit of an in-camera de-barrel-filter and you don't need a 90 lens anymore
Jul 19, 2017, 05:03 PM
Registered User
HaDi-RC.de's Avatar
Git3 is a fake, it wont come to the market as Git 3. Im promissed for 9 month now for a sample, and even since 4 month as a further sample for compensation because of the problems i had with a customers Git 2. What happened ? Lots of mails, but nothing to grab.

I dont believe in any postings of so called Git 3 cams up here anymore as long as i dont have it in my hands.

And to be honest ; this train has almost gone thru Europe, other competitores had been more busy doing their homeworks.

GitUp, call it a lesson - you almost lost connection to the market. And you even lost acceptance. Sorry to say that, but its not me to blame for
Jul 20, 2017, 02:05 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Looks to me they're just taking their time to do things right, instead of rushing something out that isn't really ready
Jul 20, 2017, 02:39 AM
Registered User
Nigel_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaDi-RC.de
And to be honest ; this train has almost gone thru Europe, other competitores had been more busy doing their homeworks.
Yes, the competitors have been busy working on expensive 4K cameras where you are restricted to 30fps with no stabilisation. The Yi 4K+ now has 60fps so can cope with some action, but there is still no stabilisation unless you make do with 30fps!

While with the G3, you get 60fps and stabilisation and zoom all working at the same time with great results - a real action camera. Yes, only at 1080 resolution but 1080 is what most people use since that is all their computers, software and monitors are able to cope with.

Until someone comes out with a 4K camera that can do 60fps, stabilisation and zoom simultaneously at reasonable cost, I think it is Gitup that have done their homework correctly!

It takes nice long exposure photos too:


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools