GitUp G3 Duo ***owners thread*** - Page 17 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 09, 2018, 08:15 AM
Motorcycle User
Got two of G3 duo packs today. Excited to test them in June this year. Lovely camera makes me buy more.
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2018, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynen
Hey guys,
I am trying to set the Git3 duo up for a two camera setup in my track car. If i want to dash cam ount the camera do the Git 1 an 2 dashcam panels work? I would prefer a permanent mount vs suction and at the bottom vs top of windshield for visibility. I also wanted to hardwire it so I don't have to worry about the battery life but the accessories page on the gitup doesnt list anything for the Git3

I use a Git2 sticker mount, with the clip and then an arm and then a screw thread connector on top, mounted on top of dashboard at bottom of screen, i have a car cigarette lighter usb charger, in to which is ausb extension cable, then the mini usb cable for the, I havent got slave camera plugged in for now, just gps. but my oberservations compared to the Git2 is that its a much better dashcam, the main advantage is as the screen is twice the size its easier to frame the view etc. it seems to charge quickly and never run out running a bit better on usb power. sometimes my git2 would turn itself off or go in to charge mode. Git3 hasnt yet. GPS is nice to have in dashcam mode, and Git3 having screwthread means less clutter of adapters and mounts.

Only downside is LED is dimmer on Git3 so its a bit trickier to see if camera is recording.
and the side button to lock a recording was usefull on the git2..

The loop recording and autostart is same as Git2.

I havent mounted the waterproof slave camera I have ( not the standard one for sale), I plan to run it to the bumber and use it as a reversing camera as well.
probably by just swopping cable with GPS when i need to.

when you unplug slave, I have to remember to change video res back to 2160p. as it defaults to 1080p60 when slave unplugged.
May 11, 2018, 05:07 AM
New firmware for G3.
Change log:

Added: USB Mode Option in system setting.
Added: Zoom in and Zoom out.
Added: Altitude info in Photo EXIF.
Added: New setting option in configuration file:
a. Movie Mode: Zoom, Low Light, GPS Stamp
b. Photo: GPS Stamp
c. System Setting: GPS,Zone
Added: Slow Motion Mode
Added: Option to turn on / off slave camera.
Added: Car DVR Option in the settings.
Added: 5s and 15s Auto off options.

https://www.gitup.com/blog/gitup-g3-...are-upgrade-n7
May 11, 2018, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Hey guys,
I am trying to set the Git3 duo up for a two camera setup in my track car. If i want to dash cam ount the camera do the Git 1 an 2 dashcam panels work? I would prefer a permanent mount vs suction and at the bottom vs top of windshield for visibility. I also wanted to hardwire it so I don't have to worry about the battery life but the accessories page on the gitup doesnt list anything for the Git3
The suction mount and adhesive mount for GitUp series is also OK for G3.
May 11, 2018, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
Hi
The download link on the blog page doesnt work
May 11, 2018, 11:56 PM
Quote:
The suction mount and adhesive mount for GitUp series is also OK for G3.
Well I need the skeleton case or other case in order to use the second camera since the unit only came with the waterproof one but with the second camera.

And I want to run power to it so it doesnt kill its battery when I am at a track day so I need to know what wiring kit to use?
May 12, 2018, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Well I need the skeleton case or other case in order to use the second camera since the unit only came with the waterproof one but with the second camera.

And I want to run power to it so it doesnt kill its battery when I am at a track day so I need to know what wiring kit to use?
I would you the tripod mount screw and the screw mount adapter that came with the Git3, so you wont need a skeleton case, Unless theres a chance things are going to get flung at it...

For wiring, I use 3 parts plugegd together but you could just use this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amacam-Car-...s=car+mini+usb

or just usb cable and usb car charger adapter
May 12, 2018, 01:49 AM
nutsey as nuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoaliphant
Hi
The download link on the blog page doesnt work
Here is the download mirror
May 12, 2018, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoaliphant
I would you the tripod mount screw and the screw mount adapter that came with the Git3, so you wont need a skeleton case, Unless theres a chance things are going to get flung at it...

For wiring, I use 3 parts plugegd together but you could just use this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amacam-Car-...s=car+mini+usb

or just usb cable and usb car charger adapter
Great thanks, it will be in car so yeah not likely to need the case for protection
May 14, 2018, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsey
Thanks for the link nutsey

The onscreen zoom controls are great
May 14, 2018, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsey
thank you,

why is it not on the official web page???
May 15, 2018, 09:57 PM
Quote:

This is the skeleton case.
http://www.gitup.com/accessories/80-..._skeleton_case
May 21, 2018, 06:08 PM
Dear gitup!
or anyone who can help me!!!
I would like to use GitUp G3 Duo for Quad Copter
Earlier I had a GitUp Git2 camera, had an AV Out Cabel, can it be good for the G3?

This is for me:

https://www.banggood.com/30MM-FPV-Ca...r_warehouse=CN

My other question:: is that G3 describes it as:
"""PWM for remote shutter control"""
what do you need to use this ???

I would like to switch from the remote control to Video and Camera modes and take pictures from the air in camera mode.

Third question,
Dashcam Frame For GitUp G3 exists as such ???
Where can I buy it?
or could anyone link 3D print files?

I am looking forward to the answers, I would like to order the necessary accessories as soon as possible.

Interestingly, I have not found any description here anymore !!!
Maybe I'm the first one who wants to use it ????
Last edited by Quadpip; May 21, 2018 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Wrong description
May 21, 2018, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadpip
Dear gitup!
or anyone who can help me!!!
I would like to use GitUp G3 Duo for Quad Copter
Earlier I had a GitUp Git2 camera, had an AV Out Cabel, can it be good for the G3?

This is for me:

https://www.banggood.com/30MM-FPV-Ca...r_warehouse=CN

My other question:: is that G3 describes it as:
"""PWM for remote shutter control"""
what do you need to use this ???

I would like to switch from the remote control to Video and Camera modes and take pictures from the air in camera mode.

Third question,
Dashcam Frame For GitUp G3 exists as such ???
Where can I buy it?
or could anyone link 3D print files?

I am looking forward to the answers, I would like to order the necessary accessories as soon as possible.

Interestingly, I have not found any description here anymore !!!
Maybe I'm the first one who wants to use it ????
The G3 remote PWM shutter is same as Git2, you can check this video.
REMOTE SHUTTER target with Controller FOR GITUP GIT2 test setup (usb cable & Camera from Bangood) (3 min 20 sec)

For G3, there is a screw in the bottom of the camera, no necessary need a frame.
May 22, 2018, 06:02 PM
Quote:
The G3 remote PWM shutter is same as Git2, you can check this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGrrU9DXUDI

For G3, there is a screw in the bottom of the camera, no necessary need a frame.

Thanks for the help!!!!
I ordered an HDMI cable.
There is no description of the Transmitter setting in the video and posts.......

Can you have a more detailed description of Taranis X9D Plus?

Quick Reply