GitUp G3 Duo ***owners thread*** - RC Groups
Dec 27, 2016, 05:24 AM
Discussion

GitUp G3 Duo ***owners thread***

The GIT3 gets mentioned more often in the GIT2 thread, so I deemed it time for a dedicated GitUp Git3 thread

For now it's still in development, but it's coming

From the first picture I've seen, it looks a bit like a fatty
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Aug 04, 2017 at 03:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2016, 05:31 AM
reserved - for more info later on
Jan 03, 2017, 09:16 PM
For months, has been using git2 for kids filming and recently "one week ago" fixed onto my escooter to see how it perform, show to friends and was told the video quality is good, not shaky and very stable.

So, am on standby for git3, am fine with no 4k, just hope is waterproof just like hero 5. Will then use git3 for kids filming and git2 for my escooter or bicycle.
Last edited by knightskid; Jan 03, 2017 at 09:26 PM.
Jan 04, 2017, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightskid
For months, has been using git2 for kids filming and recently "one week ago" fixed onto my escooter to see how it perform, show to friends and was told the video quality is good, not shaky and very stable.

So, am on standby for git3, am fine with no 4k, just hope is waterproof just like hero 5. Will then use git3 for kids filming and git2 for my escooter or bicycle.
Stabilisation on the GIT2 (original) works pretty darn good; won't expect anything less from the GIT3
Jan 04, 2017, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
From the first picture I've seen, it looks a bit like a fatty
The frame it is mounted in is adding some extra thickness, it is not as fat as that picture makes it look!

The lens is also a little longer.
Jan 10, 2017, 03:45 AM
Any official news regarding the GIT3?
Jun 04, 2017, 08:58 PM
Leo
I hear PIP
Jun 04, 2017, 09:12 PM
yes, heard PIP and gps. There are like 3 or 4 git3 threads in this section already...
Jun 25, 2017, 07:23 AM
Seems like GitUp is stepping away from 'GIT' (which is a bit negative in english) and opted for just 'G'

Will there be a 90 degrees version too like we got for the GIT2 and GIT2P?
Jul 06, 2017, 04:30 AM
G3 Exif info has just been posted in the GIT2 thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=6831

The included GPS info surely looks handy
Jul 06, 2017, 07:22 AM
Quote:
G3 Exif info has just been posted in the GIT2 thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=6831

The included GPS info surely looks handy
I must try the photos again, I've been using video frame grabs instead, these were taken using maximum zoom:

and this is a video frame grab using wide angle:

I should also post this photo in this thread, showing the dynamic range when facing full sun. It has been processed to make the detail more visible.
Jul 06, 2017, 07:55 AM
Overshapness is killing those images.
Jul 06, 2017, 09:38 AM
Nigel, did you sharpen all those images? Or is this straight out of the camera?
Jul 06, 2017, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Nigel, did you sharpen all those images? Or is this straight out of the camera?
Last one is heavily processed.

Previous one is also processed, was recorded with minimum sharpening so needed some added, but even on minimum it still sharpens high contrast tree branches against the sky. Wish Novatek would allow a zero sharpening option.

First 2 images were recorded with default sharpening, but the second was slightly out of focus due to the closeness so I did give it a little added sharpening.

This is an original totally untouched video frame grab recorded at default sharpening and at full zoom stored in an uncompressed .png file so there are no jpg artifacts. Obviously lighting is difficult for the camera since the cherries are in full shadow against bright blue sky with some leaves in shadow and others in full sun:

Last edited by Nigel_; Jul 06, 2017 at 10:48 AM.
Jul 06, 2017, 10:54 AM
Glad to see the original cherry (?) image isn't that oversharpened; had me worried for a while

Always good if one would be able to dial that sharpening way down, the get the cleanest possible file; I for one prefer to do the sharpening as the very last step during image editing.

Quick Reply