Jun 19, 2019, 09:19 PM
As said above order av cable from gitup on the 14th and I'm still waiting for it.
Took a chance and ordered a shutter cable from MapIr.com and it was here in 3 days. (W.cost to E.) and works great.
checked tracking and it is in LA.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2019, 09:13 PM
Ok so got the cables and got it them configured for video out and the shutter control with the RC. but having a few issues, first is I have it set to power on with external power and it doesn't. second is that it doesn't like to balance on me cheap gimbal. Cable connector stick out to far. It does balance well with the battery removed but then it is even harder to get it to power on. also not sure if running with out a battery is a good idea.

Any suggestions, Gitup?
Last edited by beer-man; Jul 11, 2019 at 08:49 AM.
Jul 11, 2019, 04:09 PM

Is the external mic issue fixed in new batches of gitup ?

Hello,
Is the external mic issue fixed in new batches of gitup g3duo? Or will git up eventually fix it someday?
Jul 17, 2019, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer-man
Ok so got the cables and got it them configured for video out and the shutter control with the RC. but having a few issues, first is I have it set to power on with external power and it doesn't. second is that it doesn't like to balance on me cheap gimbal. Cable connector stick out to far. It does balance well with the battery removed but then it is even harder to get it to power on. also not sure if running with out a battery is a good idea.

Any suggestions, Gitup?
Can you share a video of auto power on issue, we haven't heard this from other users.
Jul 20, 2019, 09:20 AM
ok, no video yet but I've done more testing.

it does power up with just the usb fpv cable but when you add the hdmi shutter cable it doesn't.

I also saw that the F1 camera fpv cable has pwm support and on the gitup page it list the G3 as compatible. So I made one from this photo,
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...read***/page77

it powers on and FPV works but no shutter control.
I want to plug in my quad and have the camera power up and have shutter control on a switch. can this be done.
Jul 22, 2019, 11:45 AM
I flash firmware up to v2.2 and still have the same not powering up with both cables pluggged in.
Jul 22, 2019, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer-man
I flash firmware up to v2.2 and still have the same not powering up with both cables pluggged in.
We have double checked camera can power on while the HDMI shutter cable connected.
Sep 06, 2019, 12:09 AM

Custom GPS for Gitup

Hi everyone,

I am planning to connect Sparkfun's ZED-F9P GPS sensor (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15136) as the custom GPS sensor for the Camera.
Currently I have couple of ideas.
1. Use GPS UART port and connect it to Gitup micro-USB port via a USB to Serial module.
2. Use the USB port on the GPS module and connect it directly to Gitup micro-usb port.

In both cases I plan to set the GPS port to NMEA protocol and Baud Rate to 115200.
Would this type of an approach work? Any hint or previous experiences are most welcome.

Thanks!

Edit:
I managed to read the GPS data through the UART-1 port of UBlox ZED FP9 from the u-center software with a baudrate of 115200. I used a serial to usb FTDI converter at 3.3V to do this.
However, when I connect the UART connection to the Gitup Camera, nothing comes up!
Last edited by hiranyajaya; Sep 08, 2019 at 10:14 PM.
Sep 17, 2019, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiranyajaya
Hi everyone,

I am planning to connect Sparkfun's ZED-F9P GPS sensor (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15136) as the custom GPS sensor for the Camera.
Currently I have couple of ideas.
1. Use GPS UART port and connect it to Gitup micro-USB port via a USB to Serial module.
2. Use the USB port on the GPS module and connect it directly to Gitup micro-usb port.

In both cases I plan to set the GPS port to NMEA protocol and Baud Rate to 115200.
Would this type of an approach work? Any hint or previous experiences are most welcome.

Thanks!

Edit:
I managed to read the GPS data through the UART-1 port of UBlox ZED FP9 from the u-center software with a baudrate of 115200. I used a serial to usb FTDI converter at 3.3V to do this.
However, when I connect the UART connection to the Gitup Camera, nothing comes up!
Right baudrate is 9600. Other users have use UBLOX chipset with G3, It should be also OK in your project.
Oct 05, 2019, 01:34 PM

Focal length, Sensor width and height in mm

Hello,

What is the focal length of the camera in millimeters? And the sensor width and height in millimeters?

I need this for Arduplanner.
Oct 26, 2019, 06:25 AM
@Gitup. Can I ask a question about serial control. I know you have Wifi and PWM based control but do you have any serial protocol we can use? I am trying to help extend Olli 's(Storm32 creator) Mavlink Camera control . Do you have, and would you share, any serial protocols you have so we can include them in this project. Even if it was only switching from Video to Photo and controlling shutter.
Nov 10, 2019, 11:23 AM
@gitup, please in next firmware update, please correct the fact that when I turn the RAW on, the JPG and the RAW don't have the same filename... examples are:

2019_1102_170739_001.RAW
2019_1102_170741_002.JPG

they should have the same filename, only the extension should vary. Thanks.
Nov 25, 2019, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachox
@gitup, please in next firmware update, please correct the fact that when I turn the RAW on, the JPG and the RAW don't have the same filename... examples are:

2019_1102_170739_001.RAW
2019_1102_170741_002.JPG

they should have the same filename, only the extension should vary. Thanks.
We have checked this, the file name can not be same, the SN is increment automatically.
Dec 11, 2019, 05:49 PM

Drotek GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
The default Baudrate we used is 115200.
More customers use their own GPS module now, mainly for Maps project and UAV.
Hello,
im trying to use a drotek xl with the git3, no chances on detecting the gps on the camera. Using the usb from an original gps module.

do you have a config file for m8n running 3.01 firmware?
Thanks
Dec 19, 2019, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
We have checked this, the file name can not be same, the SN is increment automatically.

ok. that is a shame.

I have detected another issue. The raw files come with the capture time of the exif empty,,, (the jpg come with the correct date and time)
please check if you can correct this.

EDIT: OK this information get lost when you convert .raw to .nef,,, any way to solve this?

Also, found out that the .nef is a cropped version of the original picture. EX if I take a picture raw+jpg, and I compare them, the RAW is smaller in size (talking about the image frame, not the MB). It is like the .raw is a cropped version of the jpg....

regards
Last edited by nachox; Dec 19, 2019 at 06:41 PM.

Quick Reply