Want To Build Stuffing Boxes-Need Source For Oilite Bearings - RC Groups
Dec 26, 2016, 07:41 PM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Help!

Want To Build Stuffing Boxes-Need Source For Oilite Bearings

I have built one boat being a Dumas Osprey. What I really liked is the way they did the shaft and stuffing box. It came with a brass tube with a mid oilite bushing that you positioned half way down the tube and two oilite flanged bearings that you pushed into both ends. I injected Proboat bearing grease into the tube until it came out of the other end then pushed the 1/8" shaft through. The prop went on with a pin and a stop nut. On the motor end I installed a universal joint from Harbor Models.

I now have a new project I want to install twin motors with the same set up. Problem is that I can't find a source for the smaller 1/8" ID oilite bushings and flange bearings. This is for a Springer type slow mover.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Rickochet; Dec 26, 2016 at 07:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2017, 11:54 PM

Beemer

https://www.oilite.com/bearings.asp
Jan 02, 2017, 09:33 AM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMaker
Thanks CAMaker. I already found the Beemer website and they had a dealer locator. Motion Industries had bags of 10 very inexpensive and I ordered some 1/8" and 3/16" ID Oilite flange bearing and they arrived a few days ago. I also ordered some thick wall tubing from OlineMetals and it will be here tomorrow. I am good to go with stuffing box material for years now.
Last edited by Rickochet; Jan 02, 2017 at 09:38 AM.
Oct 30, 2017, 04:52 PM
Scratch n Scale
I get them from Amazon