Dec 25, 2016, 06:24 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Chorus Laptimer - 16$ RSSI 5.8Ghz track system

This is not my project but is really awesome project, a simple but effective vtx rssi system.
  1. No additional equipment besides 5.8GHz Video Transmitter required on a drone.
  2. Measure lap times with 1ms resolution (in theory; need to perform live tests).
  3. Android application for controlling the Laptimer via Bluetooth.
  4. Compatible with EasyRaceLapTimer software v.0.6 (can act as a VTx sensor).
  5. 5V * 250 mA power consumption
  6. Low cost (around $16, excluding power supply), compared to similar solutions available on market.

Parts:
Project Home page: https://github.com/voroshkov/Solo-DIY-RF-Laptimer
Readme: https://github.com/voroshkov/Solo-DI...ster/README.md

DIY RF Lap Timer. Field Test (1 min 4 sec)
Last edited by downloader9; Oct 27, 2017 at 10:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2017, 08:53 AM
Yeepeee! Such nice project! Hope read more about it.
Jan 05, 2017, 09:25 AM
Thread OP
I was surprised you are the first to comment... So interesting and not a lot of people excited...
Jan 14, 2017, 09:21 PM
Thread OP
Managed to get one working, this is very nice
Jan 20, 2017, 10:30 AM
I've got it working to ! Great job Andrey !

but how to do this:
Compatible with EasyRaceLapTimer software v.0.6 (can act as a VTx sensor).

Code says something about pin3 ?

Thx for your work !

EDIT: OH... you are not the project owner... nevermind
Jan 20, 2017, 12:51 PM
Gah? Where was this a month ago? I managed to create pretty much the same thing before Christmas; I would have just waited. This is pretty cool, will have to compare notes.

That being said... I'm in the process of building more VTX timers and linking them all via a raspberry pi. Similar to what's being done on the ERLT, but I wanted to see if I could do it on my own as a learning experience. I've got more receivers that should arrive today so I can add the additional nodes.
Jan 21, 2017, 07:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkBananas
Gah? Where was this a month ago? I managed to create pretty much the same thing before Christmas; I would have just waited. This is pretty cool, will have to compare notes.

That being said... I'm in the process of building more VTX timers and linking them all via a raspberry pi. Similar to what's being done on the ERLT, but I wanted to see if I could do it on my own as a learning experience. I've got more receivers that should arrive today so I can add the additional nodes.
Leave your project details here too. Seems interesting
Jan 22, 2017, 07:28 PM
This is a wonderfully documented project. Been looking for a race timer for our club for a while, really looking forward to the multi-tracking modification! Keep up the great work!
Jan 23, 2017, 10:27 PM
Here's a video of it in action when I got the 1st node working. It's basically the same thing as the project above, except I used an Arduino Nano.

VTX Lap Timer Demo (1 min 14 sec)

When I get the multiple node up and running I'll post another video.
Jan 29, 2017, 04:01 PM
nice work! cant believe you made the whole android app in app-inventor! im also working on a multi-player vtx tracker but struggle on doing an interface!
just ordered some bluetooth modules, gonna try your project
Jan 31, 2017, 04:38 AM
Thread OP
Hehe.
Jan 31, 2017, 11:46 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Cool stuff. Not even 5minutes soldering and I had a working kit.
And works quite well.

I had something similar in my queue, so this pushes the work quite forward.
I'll pick this code and change it to support multiple channels.
Jan 31, 2017, 12:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind
Cool stuff. Not even 5minutes soldering and I had a working kit.
And works quite well.

I had something similar in my queue, so this pushes the work quite forward.
I'll pick this code and change it to support multiple channels.
Raceband at this time is OK only. The most importante feature is having the APP to talk the lap time, if someone can make it do it and share.
Jan 31, 2017, 12:34 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Quote:
Originally Posted by downloader9
Raceband at this time is OK only. The most importante feature is having the APP to talk the lap time, if someone can make it do it and share.
Sorry my bad... I meant multiple channels as in more than one quad at the time, not other video bands.
If it was native code it could do that in no time, but it's done using App Inventor that I have no clue about.
So not of much help there from my side.
Feb 06, 2017, 03:37 PM
Wow! My project has a separate thread @RC Groups, and it wasn't me who started it! Awesome!
Thanks for your support guys!

BTW, multi-version made a good progress during the last month. Hope to test it soon and publish details after that. Looks promising so far

Quick Reply