Dec 25, 2016, 06:10 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Lost building plans

I started flying RC planes almost three months ago. I found out today that my dad had partially built a large high wing trainer and I would like to complete it. He started this project probably 25-30 years ago. The fuselage and wings are mostly assembled. I have attached pictures of the pieces I have along with the box that the motor came in. My problem is, there are no plans or directions for assembling the plane. My dad passed away six years ago, so we have no idea where the plans could be. Does anyone have a guess what model this plane is? Fuselage length is 62". wingspan is 93" total. Any ideas on where I could get directions on how to complete the plane if I can't google the model for plans? I really want to get it together and in the air. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 25, 2016, 07:48 PM
It is a Bud Nosen/ AA Industries "Trainer". Fun Flyer......someone will have the plans.
Dec 25, 2016, 07:51 PM
Thread OP
Yeah! Thank you!!
Dec 25, 2016, 08:48 PM

Plans appear to be available on AeroFred.com

Link to this page: http://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=95931

Bud Nosen Trainer  ( 102 in. / 259.1 cm )
PDF Bitmap Model Airplane Plans
This is a large trainer suitable for a .60 to .90 size glow (2 stroke).

Bud Nosen Trainer Details:
Type:
Airplane
Class:
Radio-Control
Use:
Trainer
Motor:
Glow-Powered
Wingspan:
102 in. / 259.1 cm
Publisher:
Bud Nosen Models
Designer:
Bud Nosen
Date:
01/1977
Plan File Info:
ID:
File Size:
8.7 MB
Added:
13/02/2016 16:03
Updated:
15/02/16 04:16:31pm
 Plan Page  Add to Favorites  Quote Prints
Dec 25, 2016, 09:06 PM
Thread OP
That is very helpful! Thank you! I am pretty intimidated by this project but really want to see it to fruition. My dad would have loved to watch me flying this plane.
Dec 26, 2016, 01:43 PM
Mumbling in the corner.
I clicked on the above link, then click on the 'build log' tab. Came up with this link:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gian...tch-build.html
Dec 26, 2016, 05:43 PM
Thread OP
Thanks flyboy2610. That link has great pics and info!
Dec 29, 2016, 07:59 AM
ARFs Are Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmpltxflyr View Post
That is very helpful! Thank you! I am pretty intimidated by this project but really want to see it to fruition. My dad would have loved to watch me flying this plane.
Don't be intimidated. The model is nearly completed.

I suggest that you purchase the plans, and seek the help of a local builder.

Most builders are usually willing to help a novice, seeking advice.

Good luck with your project. Once completed, you will have a model that is seldom seen at the local flying field.
Dec 30, 2016, 07:49 PM
I would recommend putting that project on the shelf until after you've built a couple/few planes from kits or plans. You will get to a point where finishing out Dad's plane will be easy.

carl

Quick Reply