Apr 30, 2017, 12:32 PM
Sounds like a little extra dihedral would be in order. I have never noticed a problem with that while using the the Midwest wing, but that might have had to do with wing location. The first try was with Owen Kampen's Whiz Kid with the wing resting on a very low cabin style mount. After it's untimely demise, the wing went on Ken Willard's Mini Sailer slope soarer, a true shoulder wing. No problem there either, with both handling fine with rudder only control. Put that wing on the bottom of the fuse and you might have an issue. Looking forward to your continuing progress.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2017, 06:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fravits
Sounds like a little extra dihedral would be in order. I have never noticed a problem with that while using the the Midwest wing, but that might have had to do with wing location. The first try was with Owen Kampen's Whiz Kid with the wing resting on a very low cabin style mount. After it's untimely demise, the wing went on Ken Willard's Mini Sailer slope soarer, a true shoulder wing. No problem there either, with both handling fine with rudder only control. Put that wing on the bottom of the fuse and you might have an issue. Looking forward to your continuing progress.
I've been looking at old photos and am coming to the conclusion that the stock wing I have was stored over a long period with downward pressure on the tips in a box. When I base lined it for creation of the clone I notice a gullwing look from the front. I believe now that the wing I have has less dihedral that it did originally. After I glue it together, I may try to reshape it with careful heat to what I believe to be the correct dihedral.

Quick Reply