Dec 29, 2016, 11:48 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvS1
Dang, I thought the f4 pro was powered by an sbec and the overheating issues had been resolved. Guess this board isnt going to be installed, customers dont like hacks on their boards.
The F4 Pro is powered by a switching regulator.

I only wanted to say that ESC 5V rail is one of three sources of possible 5V input to the board.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2016, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teralift
The F4 Pro is powered by a switching regulator.

I only wanted to say that ESC 5V rail is one of three sources of possible 5V input to the board.
I guess I'm a bit confused(previous post says ldo). Is the overheating problem still an issue on the f4pro?
I only want 5v for rx power,so running 5v into the esc rail is what I need to do to power rx?
Or is the 5v present when the current sensor is connected?
Not too worried about leds,they can be set manually to a color without using the fcb. I just need to power them.
I hope I am more clear on these questions,I have several builds going with several airbot boards of different flavors. It's getting a little tough keeping track of what I need to do fro each board lol.

Update: I figured it out,was just being lazy. I pulled out the multimeter and probed the rail,it is getting 4.6v with just the v.sensor connected. Thanks!
Last edited by NvS1; Dec 29, 2016 at 12:19 PM.
Dec 29, 2016, 11:59 AM
Just to clarify,

In the OmnibusF4-Pro-0A-Botsilk.pdf file, J11 shows the order of the pins to be...:
GND, 5V, PWM3, PWM4, PWM2 and PWM1 (from top to Bottom).

Is this correct?

I'm only asking because most 4in1 ESCs have the following order...:
GND, 5V, PWM4, PWM3, PWM2 and PWM1

Any thoughts?
Dec 29, 2016, 01:34 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
I guess I'm a bit confused(previous post says ldo). Is the overheating problem still an issue on the f4pro?
No.

Quote:
I only want 5v for rx power,so running 5v into the esc rail is what I need to do to power rx?
The PPM/SBUS (J7)'s 5V is NOT connected to ESC 5V (J12,J13,J14,J15), but powered separately by onboard switching regulator.
Dec 29, 2016, 01:35 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7bpm
Just to clarify,

In the OmnibusF4-Pro-0A-Botsilk.pdf file, J11 shows the order of the pins to be...:

Is this correct?
Yes. You can verify using your DMM.
Dec 29, 2016, 02:36 PM
Quote:
No.

The PPM/SBUS (J7)'s 5V is NOT connected to ESC 5V (J12,J13,J14,J15), but powered separately by onboard switching regulator.
Thanks, I do get 4.6v at j7 and also j12 thru j15 and also from j5(labeled uart1) since I am going ibus on this one I will use the power from j5 instead.

I am still learning the ropes as far as circuitry goes,bear with me please.
Dec 29, 2016, 04:52 PM
Wow nice to have a dedicated Omnibus F4 Pro thread.

I just finished my first build today and have already a weird issue. When I give full-throttle or at least above 1900 and full roll or pitch at the same time, the FC gives one beep on the buzzer and the esc's give something like their startup tone. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature but it scares me because when I take a look at the 3D-model, in the configurator's PID or Receiver tab, it spins about 2 seconds continuously after I stop the roll or pitch input and before the beep comes.

I'm using OMNIBUSF4SD target with BF3.1 build#861 any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention that the FC is not armed when this happens
Last edited by skela; Dec 29, 2016 at 05:04 PM.
Dec 29, 2016, 05:30 PM
Ok. I think I figured it out these are stick combinations to set accelerometer trim acording to the source.

I feel so stupid now
Dec 29, 2016, 09:03 PM
For the life of me, I can't get Serial RX to work. I have tried a number of builds of omnibusf4sd, but currently on the latest one from 30 mins ago or so. I have a Frsky x4r-sb connected to the pins on J7. 1.8.5 betaflight configurator refuses to save with Uart 1 set to serial RX. I tried changing on the configuration page first, however those settings refuse to save as well. Telemetry is working on the taranis so I know that it is bound. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Fixed it - MSP had to be disabled on UART1. In order to flash ESC's, MSP had to be re-enabled.
Last edited by nickmig; Dec 29, 2016 at 10:55 PM.
Dec 29, 2016, 09:20 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Thanks, I do get 4.6v at j7 and also j12 thru j15 and also from j5(labeled uart1) since I am going ibus on this one I will use the power from j5 instead.

I am still learning the ropes as far as circuitry goes,bear with me please.
Please note that even if you see 4.6V you on J12~J15, you can not draw current from these pads. The voltage is there because of the reverse current from a diode. As soon as you try to draw meaningful current from J12~J15, the voltage would drop under 1.5V or so.
Dec 29, 2016, 09:37 PM
Giant Scale 3D/IMAC & FPV
Its been a bit hard to keep up with all the small issues, questions, revisions, different boards and such in the other F4 thread for this board as this dedicated thread was just created, so would someone be kind enough to summarize the issues, mods needed, changes suggested, pins that have changed, wiring diagram changes, etc. that are needed (or that people should be aware of) on the OMNIBUS F4 Pro v2?

Thanks so much guys.
Dec 29, 2016, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Please note that even if you see 4.6V you on J12~J15, you can not draw current from these pads. The voltage is there because of the reverse current from a diode. As soon as you try to draw meaningful current from J12~J15, the voltage would drop under 1.5V or so.
Gotcha, appreciate your time Thanks
Dec 29, 2016, 11:20 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eganwp
Its been a bit hard to keep up with all the small issues, questions, revisions, different boards and such in the other F4 thread for this board as this dedicated thread was just created, so would someone be kind enough to summarize the issues, mods needed, changes suggested, pins that have changed, wiring diagram changes, etc. that are needed (or that people should be aware of) on the OMNIBUS F4 Pro v2?

Thanks so much guys.
OMNIBUS F4 Pro (aka FLIP32-OMNIBUS-F4 V2 PRO and OMNIBUS F4 Pro (v2))

- Requires OMNIBUSF4SD target binary (hex) and matching configurator.
Firmware for OMNIBUS F4 V2 and OMNIBUS F4 Pro
- Club-24A
Needs VCC-RAM Bypass mod if using VCC-RAM to power VTX/CAM AND using current meter.
- LED strip is not working on J1 nor PWM5.
Under investigation; will most likely to use PWM6 for BF.
- CAM-OSD-VTX wiring advice
OMNIBUS Series CAM-OSD-VTX wiring
Anything else to add?
Dec 30, 2016, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Just to clarify,

Is this correct?

I'm only asking because most 4in1 ESCs have the following order...:
GND, 5V, PWM4, PWM3, PWM2 and PWM1

Any thoughts?
Quote:
Yes. You can verify using your DMM.
Apparently it is wrong.

I've connected J11 as per the OmnibusF4-Pro-0A-Botsilk.pdf file (that is GND, 5V, PWM3, PWM4, PWM2 and PWM1) and tested via the Motors Tab in BLHeli Suite, where it confirmed that motors 3 and 4 are the opposite way...

So the correct way to connect J11 is GND, 5V, PWM4, PWM3, PWM2 and PWM1

Someone should correct the PDF file.
Dec 30, 2016, 08:16 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Apparently it is wrong.

I've connected J11 as per the OmnibusF4-Pro-0A-Botsilk.pdf file (that is GND, 5V, PWM3, PWM4, PWM2 and PWM1) and tested via the Motors Tab in BLHeli Suite, where it confirmed that motors 3 and 4 are the opposite way...

So the correct way to connect J11 is GND, 5V, PWM4, PWM3, PWM2 and PWM1

Someone should correct the PDF file.
WTH???

Can you check if J14,J15,J13 and J12 are PWM1,2,3 and 4 respectively?

Quick Reply