Oct 05, 2019, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teralift
4G modems are ubiquitous. Just search "4G modem UART" or similar in your favorite market place.

And be sure you fly low.
You mean just a usb 4g modem?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2019, 04:41 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie_fpv_cpl
You mean just a usb 4g modem?
Nono, 4G modem boards.

Such as ...

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...itch_new_app=y
Oct 06, 2019, 02:03 PM
Hi @teralift!, I made a big mistake and put VBAT on the CRR pin... so F4 is fried. It was a NEW V5 So I change it with a new one I take from other FC. It star up, led flash and detects Gyro, it can be put on boot mode BUUUUTT... the USB is not working I cant detect de FC... can you please tell me whtas pins of the F4 are used to proces USB data??? pleeassse?... I just what to learn. THAK YOU!!

Forget it!, I get the Datasheet and Find out... its PA11 an PA12... put a tiny drop of solder and voila!...

Name: FC repaired.png
Views: 5
Size: 604.7 KB
Description: Airbot Omnibus F4 V5 Repaired
Last edited by Nardins; Oct 06, 2019 at 04:20 PM.
Oct 07, 2019, 10:36 AM
Guys, so I soldered osd video power to onboard 5V filter, but the should-be 5V pin only outputting 4.2V, not enough for my camera. Any idea what went wrong? I "solved" it temporarily by splitting the 5V in, and plug it on spare 5V servo pin. I know its terrible to put camera power with servo but so far it works. Btw i both try on 3S and 4S.

Thanks
Oct 07, 2019, 11:08 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAdhito
Guys, so I soldered osd video power to onboard 5V filter, but the should-be 5V pin only outputting 4.2V, not enough for my camera. Any idea what went wrong? I "solved" it temporarily by splitting the 5V in, and plug it on spare 5V servo pin. I know its terrible to put camera power with servo but so far it works. Btw i both try on 3S and 4S.

Thanks
Yes, the "Should be 5V" pad is usually around 4.2~4.3V on stock Omnibus F4 Pro (1st gen = V2) boards.

This is caused by Vf voltage drop by reverse voltage protection diode D9.

If you are confident that you are not going to apply any voltage source to RAM pads, then you can bypass the D9 (short both terminals of the diode or replace the diode with a wire jumper).
Oct 07, 2019, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teralift
Yes, the "Should be 5V" pad is usually around 4.2~4.3V on stock Omnibus F4 Pro (1st gen = V2) boards.

This is caused by Vf voltage drop by reverse voltage protection diode D9.

If you are confident that you are not going to apply any voltage source to RAM pads, then you can bypass the D9 (short both terminals of the diode or replace the diode with a wire jumper).
Hmm, i thing I'll stay with splitting the 5V pin, so far so good. Thanks for the explanation anyway
Oct 13, 2019, 10:17 AM
MultiRotor Masta
Are the schematics for this board open source?
Oct 13, 2019, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManateeMoe
Are the schematics for this board open source?
no they are closed source
Oct 16, 2019, 07:54 AM
Does anyone ever have any trouble that caused gps module wont connected properly to the board? So when I started up the board (connected to usb or plugged in the battery), the blue led blinks and the same with the gps led, but after 4-5 seconds, it then turn off and stated No GPS instead of No Fix on Mission Planner. I forgot what is the normal running state of the blue led, but it just went off. Everything else just run normally and I've manage to fly two more times but without the gps, which mean I cant do auto or rtl flight mode.

Oh, btw I run the board on ardupilot and the problem happened between third and fourth flight (ie. everything fine until i landed and changed the battery).
Oct 16, 2019, 09:50 AM
Fan of microElectroRfIT
diagnose your GPS unit on a pc and see if has the same behaviour. use a rs232 usb dongle to connect to gps , use u-center software to check proper functionality of gps.
recently i discovered some gps units with an internal LDO 5V to 3.3V wich go in a short after a few woltage spikes (seems they are fake).
Oct 18, 2019, 07:15 AM
Well, yeah turns out it was indeed the gps that went kaput. I swap it with another gps (both was using Beitian BN-220) and it states no fix instead no gps which means its working fine. Seems it was because overheating when put under the sunlight for too long between flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo8aiv
diagnose your GPS unit on a pc and see if has the same behaviour. use a rs232 usb dongle to connect to gps , use u-center software to check proper functionality of gps.
recently i discovered some gps units with an internal LDO 5V to 3.3V wich go in a short after a few woltage spikes (seems they are fake).
Thanks, I'll check that out. When I try to put it on arduino, the gps wasn't sending any understandable gps serial data, then shut down after few seconds. At least now the probem was solved

Quick Reply