Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 25, 2016, 10:45 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Omnibus f4 pro

Upgrade version of OMNIBUS F4, the OMNIBUS F4 Pro (Some shop call it as OMNIBUS F4 PRO V2) added SD card supports, has 5v3A BEC, LC filter for Camera and VTX, build in Current sensor for high Integration Frame.

Use Target Betaflight OMNIBUS F4SD,
iNav doesn't support yet.

Shop Link:
Airbot
http://shop.myairbot.com/index.php/f...f4-pro-v2.html

Unmannedtech(UK):

https://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/o...controller-v3/

Features:

SPI Gyro MPU6000
On-Board OSD (controllered by Betaflight, FC over SPI bus)
MicroSD Blackbox
Baro (BMP280)
F4 Processor (F405)
5v3a SBEC
Built-in Current Sensor
On-Board Video Filter (only can supply 5V to VTX and Camera)
Last edited by myairbot.com; May 15, 2017 at 09:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 25, 2016, 11:28 AM
Is it this one: http://shop.myairbot.com/index.php/f...nibusf4v2.html ?

Vtx, FPV cam, LED, Buzzer, 4in1ESC, and no PDB, will this set-up work with this F4 Pro and current LDO?
Power, VTx from main power, Cam via Vtx 5v out. LED, buzzer via FC, and 4in1 ESC directly solder to FC main power tabs.

If so, will purchase from you today
Dec 25, 2016, 11:32 AM
AKA jflyper
@myairbot.com There's no link to the product page
Dec 25, 2016, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myairbot.com
Upgrade version of OMNIBUS F4, the OMNIBUS F4 Pro (Some shop call it as OMNIBUS F4 PRO V2)
On-Board Video Filter (only can supply 5V to VTX and Camera)
Could you clarify this. I tried jumping the 5V and RAM pads didn't have any luck powering a camera and VTX from the board. Teralift in post #404 on the Omnibus F4 AIO thread seemed to confirm that there is no video filter on 5V.

Merry Christmas to all and thank you for all the wonderful assistance so generously provided on these forums.
Dec 25, 2016, 02:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootFungus
Is it this one: http://shop.myairbot.com/index.php/f...nibusf4v2.html ?

Vtx, FPV cam, LED, Buzzer, 4in1ESC, and no PDB, will this set-up work with this F4 Pro and current LDO?
Power, VTx from main power, Cam via Vtx 5v out. LED, buzzer via FC, and 4in1 ESC directly solder to FC main power tabs.

If so, will purchase from you today
This one:
http://shop.myairbot.com/index.php/f...f4-pro-v2.html
Dec 25, 2016, 02:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by teralift
@myairbot.com There's no link to the product page
Added , and going to add more later
Dec 26, 2016, 12:22 AM

LED strip - need help

I'm having trouble getting the LED strip working correctly with the Omnibus F4 Pro. I'm running 3.1 build 843 (and have tried some other recent builds without any luck).

I have an 8 LED strip with 4.59 volts on it, powered from the LED +/- and controlled from PWM5.

I can program various LED functions with some success - different colors, modified by throttle position, the Larson scanner, etc and things work. But I programed a couple of LEDs to indicate the armed state, and when I arm the FC the LEDs change color correctly and then everything seems to freeze at that point. Nothing I do with moving the throttle or changing the armed state makes any difference, all eight LEDs are just frozen as they were at the point I armed the controller.

I also have an Omnibus F4 (not Pro) and I put the same 3.1 build 843 on it and tried the same LED configuration on there and it works fine. The problem I'm having is only occurring on the F4 Pro.

Any suggestions on what I could try? Does anyone have this working? Or is this just something I shouldn't expect to work with pre-release 3.1 just yet?
Dec 26, 2016, 01:57 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor_Allam
I'm having trouble getting the LED strip working correctly with the Omnibus F4 Pro. I'm running 3.1 build 843 (and have tried some other recent builds without any luck).

I have an 8 LED strip with 4.59 volts on it, powered from the LED +/- and controlled from PWM5.

I can program various LED functions with some success - different colors, modified by throttle position, the Larson scanner, etc and things work. But I programed a couple of LEDs to indicate the armed state, and when I arm the FC the LEDs change color correctly and then everything seems to freeze at that point. Nothing I do with moving the throttle or changing the armed state makes any difference, all eight LEDs are just frozen as they were at the point I armed the controller.

I also have an Omnibus F4 (not Pro) and I put the same 3.1 build 843 on it and tried the same LED configuration on there and it works fine. The problem I'm having is only occurring on the F4 Pro.

Any suggestions on what I could try? Does anyone have this working? Or is this just something I shouldn't expect to work with pre-release 3.1 just yet?
It might be an hardware problem.

Can you paste cli dump results for both of your boards?

I'll test them to see if I can reproduce the problem.
Dec 26, 2016, 12:17 PM
Quote:
It might be an hardware problem.

Can you paste cli dump results for both of your boards?

I'll test them to see if I can reproduce the problem.
OK, two files attached. The F4 LEDs work fine as far as I can tell. The F4 Pro LEDs freeze when the craft is armed.

Significant addendum to my earlier post - the LED activity freezes on the Pro when the craft is armed (by Tx switch, I haven't tried with the sticks), REGARDLESS of whether any LEDs are configured to reflect the armed state. Up until I first arm the craft, I can have LEDs that track throttle position or do the Larson scanner thing, but the first time I arm it all LEDs freeze until I power cycle.

Thank you for taking a look at this.
Dec 26, 2016, 01:43 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor_Allam
OK, two files attached. The F4 LEDs work fine as far as I can tell. The F4 Pro LEDs freeze when the craft is armed.

Significant addendum to my earlier post - the LED activity freezes on the Pro when the craft is armed (by Tx switch, I haven't tried with the sticks), REGARDLESS of whether any LEDs are configured to reflect the armed state. Up until I first arm the craft, I can have LEDs that track throttle position or do the Larson scanner thing, but the first time I arm it all LEDs freeze until I power cycle.

Thank you for taking a look at this.
Okay, it will take a few days; I'm traveling and I have a board, but I don't have an access to my transmitter (can't arm ).

EDIT:
I want to make sure that you have flashed your F4 Pro with OMNIBUSF4SD target, not OMNIBUSF4.
Dec 26, 2016, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Okay, it will take a few days; I'm traveling and I have a board, but I don't have an access to my transmitter (can't arm ).

EDIT:
I want to make sure that you have flashed your F4 Pro with OMNIBUSF4SD target, not OMNIBUSF4.
Yes, here is the version from the CLI:

# Betaflight/OMNIBUSF4SD 3.1.0 Dec 25 2016 / 13:27:01 (100746c)
Dec 27, 2016, 11:47 PM
Hey guys I squeezed The Omnibus F4 Pro into a Sigan x140 frame and this sucker is a beast! Check out my build video if you're interested.

Getting a 3" prop quad to act like real mini-quad. (8 min 52 sec)
Dec 28, 2016, 04:51 PM
I'm wondering if there is 5v present on the esc input rail? I am not using ram to power cam or vtx,I only want to power rx and led from the board. Do I bridge the 5v on j3?

I am running batt to voltage sensor then out from vcc to pdb,that is the only power connection needed for the 5v sbec to work? I used this method to power the pdb https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thum...=threadgallery

Also, led still at pwm 5 or can I pull it from the jst plug J1
Last edited by NvS1; Dec 28, 2016 at 05:02 PM.
Dec 29, 2016, 12:29 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvS1
I'm wondering if there is 5v present on the esc input rail? I am not using ram to power cam or vtx,I only want to power rx and led from the board. Do I bridge the 5v on j3?

I am running batt to voltage sensor then out from vcc to pdb,that is the only power connection needed for the 5v sbec to work? I used this method to power the pdb https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thum...=threadgallery

Also, led still at pwm 5 or can I pull it from the jst plug J1
ESC 5V is not properly powered unless it is fed by an appropriate source. And, it may power the whole 5V onboard.
Substitute LDO with 5V switching regulator in pics/drawings at OMNIBUS F4 LDO woes to get a picture.

For LED strip, it's under investigation (J1 and PWM5 doesn't work).
Dec 29, 2016, 10:29 AM
Quote:
ESC 5V is not properly powered unless it is fed by an appropriate source. And, it may power the whole 5V onboard.
Substitute LDO with 5V switching regulator in pics/drawings at OMNIBUS F4 LDO woes to get a picture.

For LED strip, it's under investigation (J1 and PWM5 doesn't work).
Got it figured out
Last edited by NvS1; Dec 29, 2016 at 12:51 PM.
Dec 29, 2016, 11:48 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Dang, I thought the f4 pro was powered by an sbec and the overheating issues had been resolved. Guess this board isnt going to be installed, customers dont like hacks on their boards.
The F4 Pro is powered by a switching regulator.

I only wanted to say that ESC 5V rail is one of three sources of possible 5V input to the board.
Dec 29, 2016, 11:57 AM
Quote:
The F4 Pro is powered by a switching regulator.

I only wanted to say that ESC 5V rail is one of three sources of possible 5V input to the board.
I guess I'm a bit confused(previous post says ldo). Is the overheating problem still an issue on the f4pro?
I only want 5v for rx power,so running 5v into the esc rail is what I need to do to power rx?
Or is the 5v present when the current sensor is connected?
Not too worried about leds,they can be set manually to a color without using the fcb. I just need to power them.
I hope I am more clear on these questions,I have several builds going with several airbot boards of different flavors. It's getting a little tough keeping track of what I need to do fro each board lol.

Update: I figured it out,was just being lazy. I pulled out the multimeter and probed the rail,it is getting 4.6v with just the v.sensor connected. Thanks!
Last edited by NvS1; Dec 29, 2016 at 12:19 PM.
Dec 29, 2016, 11:59 AM
Just to clarify,

In the OmnibusF4-Pro-0A-Botsilk.pdf file, J11 shows the order of the pins to be...:
GND, 5V, PWM3, PWM4, PWM2 and PWM1 (from top to Bottom).

Is this correct?

I'm only asking because most 4in1 ESCs have the following order...:
GND, 5V, PWM4, PWM3, PWM2 and PWM1

Any thoughts?
Dec 29, 2016, 01:34 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
I guess I'm a bit confused(previous post says ldo). Is the overheating problem still an issue on the f4pro?
No.

Quote:
I only want 5v for rx power,so running 5v into the esc rail is what I need to do to power rx?
The PPM/SBUS (J7)'s 5V is NOT connected to ESC 5V (J12,J13,J14,J15), but powered separately by onboard switching regulator.
Dec 29, 2016, 01:35 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7bpm
Just to clarify,

In the OmnibusF4-Pro-0A-Botsilk.pdf file, J11 shows the order of the pins to be...:

Is this correct?
Yes. You can verify using your DMM.
Dec 29, 2016, 02:36 PM
Quote:
No.

The PPM/SBUS (J7)'s 5V is NOT connected to ESC 5V (J12,J13,J14,J15), but powered separately by onboard switching regulator.
Thanks, I do get 4.6v at j7 and also j12 thru j15 and also from j5(labeled uart1) since I am going ibus on this one I will use the power from j5 instead.

I am still learning the ropes as far as circuitry goes,bear with me please.
Dec 29, 2016, 04:52 PM
Wow nice to have a dedicated Omnibus F4 Pro thread.

I just finished my first build today and have already a weird issue. When I give full-throttle or at least above 1900 and full roll or pitch at the same time, the FC gives one beep on the buzzer and the esc's give something like their startup tone. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature but it scares me because when I take a look at the 3D-model, in the configurator's PID or Receiver tab, it spins about 2 seconds continuously after I stop the roll or pitch input and before the beep comes.

I'm using OMNIBUSF4SD target with BF3.1 build#861 any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention that the FC is not armed when this happens
Last edited by skela; Dec 29, 2016 at 05:04 PM.
Dec 29, 2016, 05:30 PM
Ok. I think I figured it out these are stick combinations to set accelerometer trim acording to the source.

I feel so stupid now
Dec 29, 2016, 09:03 PM
For the life of me, I can't get Serial RX to work. I have tried a number of builds of omnibusf4sd, but currently on the latest one from 30 mins ago or so. I have a Frsky x4r-sb connected to the pins on J7. 1.8.5 betaflight configurator refuses to save with Uart 1 set to serial RX. I tried changing on the configuration page first, however those settings refuse to save as well. Telemetry is working on the taranis so I know that it is bound. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Fixed it - MSP had to be disabled on UART1. In order to flash ESC's, MSP had to be re-enabled.
Last edited by nickmig; Dec 29, 2016 at 10:55 PM.
Dec 29, 2016, 09:20 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Thanks, I do get 4.6v at j7 and also j12 thru j15 and also from j5(labeled uart1) since I am going ibus on this one I will use the power from j5 instead.

I am still learning the ropes as far as circuitry goes,bear with me please.
Please note that even if you see 4.6V you on J12~J15, you can not draw current from these pads. The voltage is there because of the reverse current from a diode. As soon as you try to draw meaningful current from J12~J15, the voltage would drop under 1.5V or so.
Dec 29, 2016, 09:37 PM
Giant Scale 3D/IMAC & FPV
Its been a bit hard to keep up with all the small issues, questions, revisions, different boards and such in the other F4 thread for this board as this dedicated thread was just created, so would someone be kind enough to summarize the issues, mods needed, changes suggested, pins that have changed, wiring diagram changes, etc. that are needed (or that people should be aware of) on the OMNIBUS F4 Pro v2?

Thanks so much guys.
Dec 29, 2016, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Please note that even if you see 4.6V you on J12~J15, you can not draw current from these pads. The voltage is there because of the reverse current from a diode. As soon as you try to draw meaningful current from J12~J15, the voltage would drop under 1.5V or so.
Gotcha, appreciate your time Thanks
Dec 29, 2016, 11:20 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eganwp
Its been a bit hard to keep up with all the small issues, questions, revisions, different boards and such in the other F4 thread for this board as this dedicated thread was just created, so would someone be kind enough to summarize the issues, mods needed, changes suggested, pins that have changed, wiring diagram changes, etc. that are needed (or that people should be aware of) on the OMNIBUS F4 Pro v2?

Thanks so much guys.
OMNIBUS F4 Pro (aka FLIP32-OMNIBUS-F4 V2 PRO and OMNIBUS F4 Pro (v2))

- Requires OMNIBUSF4SD target binary (hex) and matching configurator.
Firmware for OMNIBUS F4 V2 and OMNIBUS F4 Pro
- Club-24A
Needs VCC-RAM Bypass mod if using VCC-RAM to power VTX/CAM AND using current meter.
- LED strip is not working on J1 nor PWM5.
Under investigation; will most likely to use PWM6 for BF.
- CAM-OSD-VTX wiring advice
OMNIBUS Series CAM-OSD-VTX wiring
Anything else to add?
Dec 30, 2016, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Just to clarify,

Is this correct?

I'm only asking because most 4in1 ESCs have the following order...:
GND, 5V, PWM4, PWM3, PWM2 and PWM1

Any thoughts?
Quote:
Yes. You can verify using your DMM.
Apparently it is wrong.

I've connected J11 as per the OmnibusF4-Pro-0A-Botsilk.pdf file (that is GND, 5V, PWM3, PWM4, PWM2 and PWM1) and tested via the Motors Tab in BLHeli Suite, where it confirmed that motors 3 and 4 are the opposite way...

So the correct way to connect J11 is GND, 5V, PWM4, PWM3, PWM2 and PWM1

Someone should correct the PDF file.
Dec 30, 2016, 08:16 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Apparently it is wrong.

I've connected J11 as per the OmnibusF4-Pro-0A-Botsilk.pdf file (that is GND, 5V, PWM3, PWM4, PWM2 and PWM1) and tested via the Motors Tab in BLHeli Suite, where it confirmed that motors 3 and 4 are the opposite way...

So the correct way to connect J11 is GND, 5V, PWM4, PWM3, PWM2 and PWM1

Someone should correct the PDF file.
WTH???

Can you check if J14,J15,J13 and J12 are PWM1,2,3 and 4 respectively?
Dec 30, 2016, 08:40 AM
WTH...!!!

Testing with my multi-meter on the board:

J14 is PWM1 on the J11 plug
J15 is PWM2 on the J11 plug
J13 is PWM3 on the J11 plug and
J12 is PWM4 on the J11 plug

But in BLhelli Suite and in Betaflight that is not the case....

Motor 1 is J14
Motor 2 is J15
Motor 3 is J12 and
Motor 4 is J13

I'm using the Sunrise Cicada 35A BLheli_S 4in1 ESC.

Does it mater that I'm still on the Betaflight v3.0.1 that came with the board?
Dec 30, 2016, 08:58 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
WTH...!!!

Testing with my multi-meter on the board:

J14 is PWM1 on the J11 plug
J15 is PWM2 on the J11 plug
J13 is PWM3 on the J11 plug and
J12 is PWM4 on the J11 plug

But in BLhelli Suite and in Betaflight that is not the case....

Motor 1 is J14
Motor 2 is J15
Motor 3 is J12 and
Motor 4 is J13

I'm using the Sunrise Cicada 35A BLheli_S 4in1 ESC.

Does it mater that I'm still on the Betaflight v3.0.1 that came with the board?
Can you try the pre-release 3.1 OMNIBUSF4SD target and check again?
Dec 30, 2016, 09:02 AM
I also got my Omnibus F4 Pro these days. Original and not a clone. But iam not able to connect with Betaflight Configurator.

Putting the FC in bootmode (DFU) and flashing firmware is no problem. It works but only when i disable full chip erase. When i enable full chip erase he is doing nothing. But ok, i tried BF 3.01 and Alpha 3.1 but i cant connect with Betaflight after flashing. I checked with Zadig and drivers are correct.

Iam using Win7. Any ideas where the problem is?
Dec 30, 2016, 09:30 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith2016
I also got my Omnibus F4 Pro these days. Original and not a clone. But iam not able to connect with Betaflight Configurator.

Putting the FC in bootmode (DFU) and flashing firmware is no problem. It works but only when i disable full chip erase. When i enable full chip erase he is doing nothing. But ok, i tried BF 3.01 and Alpha 3.1 but i cant connect with Betaflight after flashing. I checked with Zadig and drivers are correct.

Iam using Win7. Any ideas where the problem is?
Can you take a snapshot of the zadig window when you are trying to connect with the BF configurator?

EDIT:
Although this has no direct effect, but please look at the link provided in the post #32 above?
Dec 30, 2016, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Can you try the pre-release 3.1 OMNIBUSF4SD target and check again?
Flash it with the build #460 and everything is correct now..!

Was v3.0.1 remapping the PWM ports ?

Also (excuse my noobish question), but why you're suggesting the .hex files form the AndWho and not from BorisB on the Jenkins server? What's their difference?
Last edited by 7bpm; Dec 30, 2016 at 10:13 AM. Reason: added question
Dec 30, 2016, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Can you take a snapshot of the zadig window when you are trying to connect with the BF configurator?
Sure my friend.

Here:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4...9zykiu_jpg.htm
Dec 30, 2016, 10:23 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Flash it with the build #460 and everything is correct now..!

Was v3.0.1 remapping the PWM ports ?
I think it was changed at some point so the pin headers are in the correct order.

Quote:
Also (excuse my noobish question), but why you're suggesting the .hex files form the AndWho and not from BorisB on the Jenkins server? What's their difference?
Not much difference. It's only that I tend to use AndWho And yes, it's better for most of the people to use BB on Jenkins so that they can talk on the same build number.
Dec 30, 2016, 10:37 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Is there USB Serial (CDC) in the driver selection list? If it's there, select it and "Install/Upgrade Driver".
Dec 30, 2016, 10:54 AM
Staring at it won't fix it.

Rssi?

I see the RSSI pad but is it working? If so, what type?
Dec 30, 2016, 12:23 PM
Quote:
I think it was changed at some point so the pin headers are in the correct order.
Not much difference. It's only that I tend to use AndWho And yes, it's better for most of the people to use BB on Jenkins so that they can talk on the same build number.
Thanks for your help TeraLift. You've been so helpful.
Dec 30, 2016, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Is there USB Serial (CDC) in the driver selection list? If it's there, select it and "Install/Upgrade Driver".
Yes, i already tried that. But dont works. I also tried all other drivers in this list. But still the same.
Dec 30, 2016, 01:00 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Yes, i already tried that. But dont works. I also tried all other drivers in this list. But still the same.
I suspect the bad installation of the STM VCP driver.

Can you re-install it?
Dec 30, 2016, 01:03 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandride
I see the RSSI pad but is it working? If so, what type?
It's intended to accept the FrSky-style PWM RSSI signal, and the driver for BF is under development.

I will make you a custom firmware for OMNIBUS F4 Pro if you want to give it a try.
Dec 30, 2016, 01:23 PM
Quote:
I suspect the bad installation of the STM VCP driver.

Can you re-install it?
Yes, i reinstalled them but nothing changed.

When i connect my other drone with Naze32 F1 FC i can see in the BF window that it changed from COM1 to COM6 automatically and then i press connect and all is fine. But when i connect my Omnibus he is not changing anything on the com port in BF. He stays on COM1 and i cant connect.
Dec 30, 2016, 01:50 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Yes, i reinstalled them but nothing changed.

When i connect my other drone with Naze32 F1 FC i can see in the BF window that it changed from COM1 to COM6 automatically and then i press connect and all is fine. But when i connect my Omnibus he is not changing anything on the com port in BF. He stays on COM1 and i cant connect.
Can I see the device manager window with board connected in non-DFU mode?
Dec 30, 2016, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Can I see the device manager window with board connected in non-DFU mode?
Yes, for sure.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4...2m3zxj_jpg.htm

Sorry, its german language. But i think you see what you need to see.

Iam very frustrated at the moment. I have all parts here for my 2nd build but i dont wanna start with soldering until i can connect my FC to BF.
Dec 30, 2016, 02:32 PM
I have this fc and cannot get it to talk to the rx in sbus or ppm, I have tried everything including updating fw to 3.1.0 with the correct hex file. anyone had issues with this? I have the uarts on with serial rx and sbus in the config. but rx tab shows no result. rx is bound. I tried with ppm but wasnt working so bought a d8 ppm/sbus rx for frsky ( I have a DHT modded TH9x). Anyone have a clue?
Dec 30, 2016, 02:59 PM
Make sure MSP is unchecked on the UART you have the receiver connected to
Dec 30, 2016, 03:53 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Yes, for sure.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4...2m3zxj_jpg.htm

Sorry, its german language. But i think you see what you need to see.

Iam very frustrated at the moment. I have all parts here for my 2nd build but i dont wanna start with soldering until i can connect my FC to BF.
Do
\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\Software\Virtual comport driver\Win7\dpinst_amd64.exe
exists?

If so, execute this program.
Dec 30, 2016, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Do
\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\Software\Virtual comport driver\Win7\dpinst_amd64.exe
exists?

If so, execute this program.
Yes, i know. He is only unpacking. I already installed x64 version of the driver for my Win7 system.
Dec 30, 2016, 06:18 PM
found it! It was the protocal in the tx needed to be set to ppm16 8ch not sbus and viola`
Just did a maiden hover test and was great
Dec 31, 2016, 01:14 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Yes, i know. He is only unpacking. I already installed x64 version of the driver for my Win7 system.
My drawer is empty now ...
Dec 31, 2016, 06:13 AM
i read about this XSR S.Port hack to get the voltage, current and rssi? to the taranis display.
Is it necessary? Does it working at the F4 Pro version too??
Dec 31, 2016, 07:05 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscher
i read about this XSR S.Port hack to get the voltage, current and rssi? to the taranis display.
Is it necessary? Does it working at the F4 Pro version too??
If you want something measured at FC to be displayed on taranis, then you have to do it.
It should work on F4 Pro, too.
Dec 31, 2016, 08:20 AM
Quote:
My drawer is empty now ...
No problem. Yesterday i tried again to flash my Omnibus. But this time with 256k baudrate. After this i run the ImpulseRC Driver Fixer and now COM9 is open and i can connect to my FC. But i really wonder because i already tried this 2 days ago. But ok, it seems to work now.

But now i see that BF shows no Barometer icon on the top? I thought the pro version has barometer?

And on the upper right he shows "no dataflash chip found"?
Dec 31, 2016, 09:06 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
No problem. Yesterday i tried again to flash my Omnibus. But this time with 256k baudrate. After this i run the ImpulseRC Driver Fixer and now COM9 is open and i can connect to my FC. But i really wonder because i already tried this 2 days ago. But ok, it seems to work now.

But now i see that BF shows no Barometer icon on the top? I thought the pro version has barometer?

And on the upper right he shows "no dataflash chip found"?
Glad to hear that you could connect

For BARO, you have to turn it on explicitly in Configuration tab.

For storage, try the OMNIBUSF4SD target binary:
(I would suggest a bit older build, say, #860 to prevent a skew in firmware/configurator update timing.)
Dec 31, 2016, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Glad to hear that you could connect

For BARO, you have to turn it on explicitly in Configuration tab.

For storage, try the OMNIBUSF4SD target binary:
(I would suggest a bit older build, say, #860 to prevent a skew in firmware/configurator update timing.)
Ah i see. I activated Barometer now and saved and reboot. But still no Barometer icon on top.

With the hex file i will try now.
Dec 31, 2016, 09:26 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Ah i see. I activated Barometer now and saved and reboot. But still no Barometer icon on top.

With the hex file i will try now.
BARO should come alive with a new hex.
Dec 31, 2016, 09:31 AM
Quote:
BARO should come alive with a new hex.
Yes, i flashed 860 and now i can see the baro icon. Thanks.

But he still shows "no dataflash chip found". I inserted a 1gb micro sd card now but still the same.
Dec 31, 2016, 09:54 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Yes, i flashed 860 and now i can see the baro icon. Thanks.

But he still shows "no dataflash chip found". I inserted a 1gb micro sd card now but still the same.
There obviously "no dataflash chip" onboard.

Your card should be visible in the BlackBox tab.
Dec 31, 2016, 10:40 AM
Quote:
There obviously "no dataflash chip" onboard.
Yes, seems so. But you can read here: http://www.readytoflyquads.com/flip-...omnibus-v2-pro

Specs: 128Mb Flash memory

Quote:
Your card should be visible in the BlackBox tab.
Ah, ok. I see. Thank you.
Dec 31, 2016, 11:11 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Yes, seems so. But you can read here: http://www.readytoflyquads.com/flip-...omnibus-v2-pro

There are numerous errors in that page. The 128Mb flash is even mentioned twice.

From a couple of years of experience, I've learned there are two types of shops, one that tries to keep the information correct and up to date, and one that write once and correct never.
Dec 31, 2016, 11:19 AM
Quote:
If you want something measured at FC to be displayed on taranis, then you have to do it.
It should work on F4 Pro, too.
Thx,
when all parts from all over the world are here, i will try it
Dec 31, 2016, 04:31 PM
Thread OP
He copied old text

Here I confirm the OMNIBUS F4 Pro has NO Flash.

Quote:

Ah, ok. I see. Thank you.
Jan 01, 2017, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myairbot.com
He copied old text

Here I confirm the OMNIBUS F4 Pro has NO Flash.
Ok, thank you for this information.
Jan 01, 2017, 10:37 PM
Where's RX2 and TX2 on this board for the 2nd serial port? Is it labeled as RX6 and TX6 on this diagram?

http://bbs.airbot.cc/download/file.php?id=32
Jan 01, 2017, 10:47 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehelidude
Where's RX2 and TX2 on this board for the 2nd serial port? Is it labeled as RX6 and TX6 on this diagram?

There is no UART2; available UARTs are UART1 (J5) , UART3 (J10) and UART6 (J10).

Check the identifier of the port you want to use on the configurator's Ports tab.
Jan 02, 2017, 12:00 AM
AKA jflyper

Functioning BFC for build #862~

FYI
BFC: Functioning OSD tab for #862~
Jan 02, 2017, 03:16 PM
Any update on the club 24a issue and if there is a fix in the works? Thanks!
Jan 02, 2017, 10:07 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcurole
Any update on the club 24a issue and if there is a fix in the works? Thanks!
Other than bypass mod?
Jan 02, 2017, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Other than bypass mod?
I mean a version of the board where that mod is not necessary. That's the only known issue with the F4 pro, right?

Thanks for helping everyone with these boards btw.
Jan 03, 2017, 01:11 PM
Hello again,
now i want to power my Omnibus F4 Pro and i also wanna use the current sensor. So my question is how to solder the cables the correct way?

Iam using a simple PDB without any 5v or 12v BEC. See picture. But the Omnibus is able to take 2-6s direct voltage.

And i found this video on youtube:
Flip32 Omnibus: How To Power (F3/F4/Pro/NonPro) (11 min 33 sec)

On 6:30 he shows how to connect all cables. But it looks so strange. Is that correct?
Jan 03, 2017, 01:46 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Hello again,
now i want to power my Omnibus F4 Pro and i also wanna use the current sensor. So my question is how to solder the cables the correct way?

Iam using a simple PDB without any 5v or 12v BEC. See picture. But the Omnibus is able to take 2-6s direct voltage.

And i found this video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-2f_8a9fOY

On 6:30 he shows how to connect all cables. But it looks so strange. Is that correct?
He is doing it correctly.
Jan 03, 2017, 03:03 PM
Quote:
He is doing it correctly.
Ok, thank you. That means that i solder my X4R-SB to J7 and my receiver will get 5v?
Jan 03, 2017, 03:17 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Ok, thank you. That means that i solder my X4R-SB to J7 and my receiver will get 5v?
Yes.
Jan 03, 2017, 07:56 PM
What is the J4 (CS, MISO, SCL, MOSI, VCC_RC, GND) connect on this board for? J16 and J17 are the only pins for VOUT and VIN right?

Jan 03, 2017, 08:36 PM
which way is up?
( chip select, master in slave out, serial clock, master out slave in, power, ground) for an external SPI bus sensor.
Last edited by PilotAir; Jan 04, 2017 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Serial clock
Jan 03, 2017, 08:50 PM
That's chip programming stuff right? Not used for stuff in flight?
Jan 03, 2017, 10:16 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehelidude
That's chip programming stuff right? Not used for stuff in flight?
They are intended for SPI connected RX.
Jan 03, 2017, 10:34 PM
Is J10 JST-SH 6-pin? Thanks!
Jan 03, 2017, 10:56 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmig
Is J10 JST-SH 6-pin? Thanks!
Yes.
Jan 05, 2017, 12:42 PM
It seems that BF 3.1.0 RC1 borked the baro,it no longer shows up in the config 1.8.5. Tried manually enabling in cli instead of having it auto detect and still no baro.
Not real worried about it, quad isnt even ready to maiden yet. Just passing along some info
Jan 05, 2017, 01:54 PM
Quote:
It seems that BF 3.1.0 RC1 borked the baro,it no longer shows up in the config 1.8.5.
Same here. But thats normal after flashing a new firmware. You have to enable it under "configuration". Save and reboot and then it shows back up.
Jan 05, 2017, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Same here. But thats normal after flashing a new firmware. You have to enable it under "configuration". Save and reboot and then it shows back up.
ya, it doesn't. Even tried through the cli. Not normal at all....

Edit: RC2 fixes the baro and changes board orientation back(wasnt sure on board orientation,was doubting my memory).
Last edited by NvS1; Jan 05, 2017 at 07:10 PM.
Jan 05, 2017, 04:15 PM
Constantly Confused
Read through this whole thread. teralift seems like the hero of this thread!

I am new with this F4 pro, and hoping you can guys can give me some info.

1. does the usb share a uart port, or is it a dedicated port?

2. does J7 when used with a serial rx share a uart port?

Happy New Year!!
Jan 05, 2017, 09:08 PM
I also have a new question regarding X4R-SB. I found the following video on YT:

Omnibus F4/F4 Pro & X4R-SB: Connect & Telemetry (12 min 16 sec)

So is there really no other way to connect the telemetry cable and make it work?

The hack or mod is not easy to realize. The solder point on the back of the X4R-SB is so damn small...
Jan 05, 2017, 10:40 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanorapture
Read through this whole thread. teralift seems like the hero of this thread!

I am new with this F4 pro, and hoping you can guys can give me some info.

1. does the usb share a uart port, or is it a dedicated port?

2. does J7 when used with a serial rx share a uart port?

Happy New Year!!
USB is a dedicated VCP connection, so it does not sacrifice any hardware uart port.

J7 is shared between PPM and Serial RX (UART3), so it will waste the UART3 when using PPM. However, the sharing can be cancelled by desoldering the SBUS jumper and UART3 will be available separately.
Jan 05, 2017, 11:01 PM
I have a couple of questions.

I bought one of the "Pro V2" versions with the barometer and sd card reader from RTFQ.

Whenever I go into DFU mode the buzzer screams. Without de-soldering it, is there a way to stop this from happening?

Also, I have GPS with built-in compass (UBLOX M8N GPS GLONASS with compass). The GPS works, but I cannot get the Compass/Mag to work. From what I have read, with the supplied cable, plugs into J10 on the board with RX/TX6 running the GPS and the compass is supposed to work off TX/RX3 (SDA/SCL). Any suggestions?

I'm running BF 3.1-RC3

Thanks.
Nigel
Jan 05, 2017, 11:16 PM
Constantly Confused
Quote:
USB is a dedicated VCP connection, so it does not sacrifice any hardware uart port.

J7 is shared between PPM and Serial RX (UART3), so it will waste the UART3 when using PPM. However, the sharing can be cancelled by desoldering the SBUS jumper and UART3 will be available separately.
Thanks! that's great info.
Jan 06, 2017, 12:42 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
I also have a new question regarding X4R-SB. I found the following video on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUNcspmBSog

So is there really no other way to connect the telemetry cable and make it work?

The hack or mod is not easy to realize. The solder point on the back of the X4R-SB is so damn small...
I didn't watch the video.

And there is no way of connecting S.PORT to OMNIBUS F4 Pro without hardware modding or an external inverter circuit. This is because F4 does not have versatile inverters inside the MCU like F3 do.

However, you may be able to use a software serial port, sacrificing some CPU cycles. The software serial for F4 will probably be available for public with BF3.2 release, but preview version will be uploaded to Exotic OMNIBUS blog entry sometime today. You can pick the hex up and, ... you are on your own. I don't have S.PORT speaking receivers.
Jan 06, 2017, 12:49 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige69

I bought one of the "Pro V2" versions with the barometer and sd card reader from RTFQ.

Whenever I go into DFU mode the buzzer screams. Without de-soldering it, is there a way to stop this from happening?
I have to check that.

Quote:
Also, I have GPS with built-in compass (UBLOX M8N GPS GLONASS with compass). The GPS works, but I cannot get the Compass/Mag to work. From what I have read, with the supplied cable, plugs into J10 on the board with RX/TX6 running the GPS and the compass is supposed to work off TX/RX3 (SDA/SCL). Any suggestions?

I'm running BF 3.1-RC3
I2C is not enabled for OMNIBUSF4SD target (that's what OMNIBUS F4 Pro uses) in BF3.1. I'm anticipating that it will be available in BF3.2, as a part of the phase 2 resource management scheme. However, if you want to try the sneak preview, watch what Exotic OMNIBUS blog entry. I will be uploading some exotic ones later today.
Jan 06, 2017, 01:09 AM
Thanks Teralift.

I wasn't even able to get the compass to work in 3.0.1. Not a major issue, but I have it there and would like to experiment with it

I will keep an eye on your exotic blog
Jan 06, 2017, 07:59 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige69

Quote:
I have to check that.
The OMNIBUS F4 series all have "INVERTED BEEPER", which buzz when a pin driving the beeper circuit is low. When the F4 is reset, all pins go (kind of) low, so the beeper beeps. This is by hardware design and I believe you can not stop it.
Jan 06, 2017, 08:13 AM
Quote:
The OMNIBUS F4 series all have "INVERTED BEEPER", which buzz when a pin driving the beeper circuit is low. When the F4 is reset, all pins go (kind of) low, so the beeper beeps. This is by hardware design and I believe you can not stop it.
Thanks for checking up on that.
Jan 06, 2017, 09:11 AM
Just got my Omnibus f4 pro V2, but I can't find the f4sd firmware in betaflight. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Jan 06, 2017, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the schire
Just got my Omnibus f4 pro V2, but I can't find the f4sd firmware in betaflight. Can someone point me in the right direction?
https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...MNIBUSF4SD.hex

That is 3.1 RC4
Jan 06, 2017, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hincey
Awesome, thank you. Us 3.0.1 more stable? I have that on my slightly broken OMNIBUS f4 aio.
Jan 06, 2017, 10:36 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Awesome, thank you. Us 3.0.1 more stable? I have that on my slightly broken OMNIBUS f4 aio.
OMNIBUS F4 Pro (OMNIBUSF4SD target) is not supported by 3.0.1.
Jan 06, 2017, 12:48 PM
Constantly Confused
does the Omnibus F4 from RTFQuads include 6 pin jst-sh cables with the FC?

Thanks!
Jan 06, 2017, 04:25 PM
Quote:
You need to enable "Show unstable releases" to be able to see the F4SD board and firmwares listed.

Downloading them is an option as well. To see and download the latest look here: https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/releases

Quick Reply