Omnibus f4 pro - RC Groups
Dec 25, 2016, 10:45 AM
New Product

Omnibus f4 pro

Upgrade version of OMNIBUS F4, the OMNIBUS F4 Pro (Some shop call it as OMNIBUS F4 PRO V2) added SD card supports, has 5v3A BEC, LC filter for Camera and VTX, build in Current sensor for high Integration Frame.

Use Target Betaflight OMNIBUS F4SD,
iNav doesn't support yet.

Shop Link:
Airbot
http://shop.myairbot.com/index.php/f...f4-pro-v2.html

Unmannedtech(UK):

https://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/o...controller-v3/

Features:

SPI Gyro MPU6000
On-Board OSD (controllered by Betaflight, FC over SPI bus)
MicroSD Blackbox
Baro (BMP280)
F4 Processor (F405)
5v3a SBEC
Built-in Current Sensor
On-Board Video Filter (only can supply 5V to VTX and Camera)
Last edited by myairbot.com; May 15, 2017 at 10:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 25, 2016, 11:28 AM
Is it this one: http://shop.myairbot.com/index.php/f...nibusf4v2.html ?

Vtx, FPV cam, LED, Buzzer, 4in1ESC, and no PDB, will this set-up work with this F4 Pro and current LDO?
Power, VTx from main power, Cam via Vtx 5v out. LED, buzzer via FC, and 4in1 ESC directly solder to FC main power tabs.

If so, will purchase from you today
Dec 25, 2016, 11:32 AM
AKA jflyper
@myairbot.com There's no link to the product page
Dec 25, 2016, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myairbot.com
Upgrade version of OMNIBUS F4, the OMNIBUS F4 Pro (Some shop call it as OMNIBUS F4 PRO V2)
On-Board Video Filter (only can supply 5V to VTX and Camera)
Could you clarify this. I tried jumping the 5V and RAM pads didn't have any luck powering a camera and VTX from the board. Teralift in post #404 on the Omnibus F4 AIO thread seemed to confirm that there is no video filter on 5V.

Merry Christmas to all and thank you for all the wonderful assistance so generously provided on these forums.
Dec 25, 2016, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootFungus
Is it this one: http://shop.myairbot.com/index.php/f...nibusf4v2.html ?

Vtx, FPV cam, LED, Buzzer, 4in1ESC, and no PDB, will this set-up work with this F4 Pro and current LDO?
Power, VTx from main power, Cam via Vtx 5v out. LED, buzzer via FC, and 4in1 ESC directly solder to FC main power tabs.

If so, will purchase from you today
This one:
http://shop.myairbot.com/index.php/f...f4-pro-v2.html
Dec 25, 2016, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teralift
@myairbot.com There's no link to the product page
Added , and going to add more later
Dec 26, 2016, 12:22 AM

LED strip - need help

I'm having trouble getting the LED strip working correctly with the Omnibus F4 Pro. I'm running 3.1 build 843 (and have tried some other recent builds without any luck).

I have an 8 LED strip with 4.59 volts on it, powered from the LED +/- and controlled from PWM5.

I can program various LED functions with some success - different colors, modified by throttle position, the Larson scanner, etc and things work. But I programed a couple of LEDs to indicate the armed state, and when I arm the FC the LEDs change color correctly and then everything seems to freeze at that point. Nothing I do with moving the throttle or changing the armed state makes any difference, all eight LEDs are just frozen as they were at the point I armed the controller.

I also have an Omnibus F4 (not Pro) and I put the same 3.1 build 843 on it and tried the same LED configuration on there and it works fine. The problem I'm having is only occurring on the F4 Pro.

Any suggestions on what I could try? Does anyone have this working? Or is this just something I shouldn't expect to work with pre-release 3.1 just yet?
Dec 26, 2016, 01:57 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor_Allam
I'm having trouble getting the LED strip working correctly with the Omnibus F4 Pro. I'm running 3.1 build 843 (and have tried some other recent builds without any luck).

I have an 8 LED strip with 4.59 volts on it, powered from the LED +/- and controlled from PWM5.

I can program various LED functions with some success - different colors, modified by throttle position, the Larson scanner, etc and things work. But I programed a couple of LEDs to indicate the armed state, and when I arm the FC the LEDs change color correctly and then everything seems to freeze at that point. Nothing I do with moving the throttle or changing the armed state makes any difference, all eight LEDs are just frozen as they were at the point I armed the controller.

I also have an Omnibus F4 (not Pro) and I put the same 3.1 build 843 on it and tried the same LED configuration on there and it works fine. The problem I'm having is only occurring on the F4 Pro.

Any suggestions on what I could try? Does anyone have this working? Or is this just something I shouldn't expect to work with pre-release 3.1 just yet?
It might be an hardware problem.

Can you paste cli dump results for both of your boards?

I'll test them to see if I can reproduce the problem.
Dec 26, 2016, 12:17 PM
Quote:
It might be an hardware problem.

Can you paste cli dump results for both of your boards?

I'll test them to see if I can reproduce the problem.
OK, two files attached. The F4 LEDs work fine as far as I can tell. The F4 Pro LEDs freeze when the craft is armed.

Significant addendum to my earlier post - the LED activity freezes on the Pro when the craft is armed (by Tx switch, I haven't tried with the sticks), REGARDLESS of whether any LEDs are configured to reflect the armed state. Up until I first arm the craft, I can have LEDs that track throttle position or do the Larson scanner thing, but the first time I arm it all LEDs freeze until I power cycle.

Thank you for taking a look at this.
Dec 26, 2016, 01:43 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor_Allam
OK, two files attached. The F4 LEDs work fine as far as I can tell. The F4 Pro LEDs freeze when the craft is armed.

Significant addendum to my earlier post - the LED activity freezes on the Pro when the craft is armed (by Tx switch, I haven't tried with the sticks), REGARDLESS of whether any LEDs are configured to reflect the armed state. Up until I first arm the craft, I can have LEDs that track throttle position or do the Larson scanner thing, but the first time I arm it all LEDs freeze until I power cycle.

Thank you for taking a look at this.
Okay, it will take a few days; I'm traveling and I have a board, but I don't have an access to my transmitter (can't arm ).

EDIT:
I want to make sure that you have flashed your F4 Pro with OMNIBUSF4SD target, not OMNIBUSF4.
Dec 26, 2016, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Okay, it will take a few days; I'm traveling and I have a board, but I don't have an access to my transmitter (can't arm ).

EDIT:
I want to make sure that you have flashed your F4 Pro with OMNIBUSF4SD target, not OMNIBUSF4.
Yes, here is the version from the CLI:

# Betaflight/OMNIBUSF4SD 3.1.0 Dec 25 2016 / 13:27:01 (100746c)
Dec 27, 2016, 11:47 PM
Hey guys I squeezed The Omnibus F4 Pro into a Sigan x140 frame and this sucker is a beast! Check out my build video if you're interested.

Getting a 3" prop quad to act like real mini-quad. (8 min 52 sec)
Dec 28, 2016, 04:51 PM
I'm wondering if there is 5v present on the esc input rail? I am not using ram to power cam or vtx,I only want to power rx and led from the board. Do I bridge the 5v on j3?

I am running batt to voltage sensor then out from vcc to pdb,that is the only power connection needed for the 5v sbec to work? I used this method to power the pdb https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thum...=threadgallery

Also, led still at pwm 5 or can I pull it from the jst plug J1
Last edited by NvS1; Dec 28, 2016 at 05:02 PM.
Dec 29, 2016, 12:29 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvS1
I'm wondering if there is 5v present on the esc input rail? I am not using ram to power cam or vtx,I only want to power rx and led from the board. Do I bridge the 5v on j3?

I am running batt to voltage sensor then out from vcc to pdb,that is the only power connection needed for the 5v sbec to work? I used this method to power the pdb https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thum...=threadgallery

Also, led still at pwm 5 or can I pull it from the jst plug J1
ESC 5V is not properly powered unless it is fed by an appropriate source. And, it may power the whole 5V onboard.
Substitute LDO with 5V switching regulator in pics/drawings at OMNIBUS F4 LDO woes to get a picture.

For LED strip, it's under investigation (J1 and PWM5 doesn't work).
Dec 29, 2016, 10:29 AM
Quote:
ESC 5V is not properly powered unless it is fed by an appropriate source. And, it may power the whole 5V onboard.
Substitute LDO with 5V switching regulator in pics/drawings at OMNIBUS F4 LDO woes to get a picture.

For LED strip, it's under investigation (J1 and PWM5 doesn't work).
Got it figured out
Last edited by NvS1; Dec 29, 2016 at 12:51 PM.