Dec 24, 2016, 02:41 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Inkjet Decal Paper Settings Help

Hi, My name is Jeff and I performed a search of RC Groups from my concern and came up empty.

I have a high quality Epson inkjet printer and after starting with the manufacturers suggested settings, have tried just about every setting I can find and cannot get a decent print on the waterslide decal paper. I see very poor resolution and ink bleeding and pooling on the surface. I just killed $20 in Papilio injet decal paper.

Does anyway have a brand of paper that they are really happy with? How have others solved this issue?

While Callie Graphics does a great job, I often have small details I would like to make on own.

Thanks,
Jeff
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2016, 05:34 PM
I wanted to try making waterslide decals. I purchased paper from decal paper.com out of Miami, Fl. Good price .85 a sheet. I got the white and clear pack, 20 sheets, to try out. Printed using apps , an iPad and HP printer. It came out decent. Once I printed them out I waited a good while, to dry, before applying. You have to use a sealing top coat. My first try came out good enough for me. I applied these decals to my Ugly Stik. I still haven't flown the plane yet so do not know how good they are once placed in service. These are my only decals so far.
Jan 01, 2017, 02:20 PM
Missileer Extraordinaire
I have used a number of brands. BEL decal paper is the best I have found and is all I use now.
Jan 02, 2017, 10:40 AM
Or current resident
http://www.beldecal.com/ is the best.
But first try setting to glossy paper and photo quality. I used to use a HP printer that would do the same thing when the paper type was set to photo instead of glossy.
I now use an Epson with Durabrite ink. Print quality is better and the ink is almost waterproof. The HP ink would bleed by just looking at it in the FL humidity.
Glenn

Quick Reply