Guardian Advanced what do you want to see? - Page 8 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
May 19, 2017, 05:00 PM
Registered User
Wintr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
The radio industry really needs to develop a standard interface. I guess that they are trying to make sure that modelers don't switch brands.
We had a standard interface for years; it was the advent of all the proprietary serial channels that changed it.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2017, 05:08 PM
Registered User
Galand's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRogers
I personally dont see the point of add so much functionality into the Guardian that it starts to look like a Vector. It is not a great plan to have products which compete with each other. They should have their own space IMHO.
I very much second this.
All I really want is RTH.
The pots have never been an issue and you only re-set them very infrequently.
KISS and cheap!
May 19, 2017, 05:54 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Grantham Kid's Avatar
Exactly. I Have been using Bigaole AP with RTH. Brilliant! Now I am experimenting with an Omnibus FC as it also is capable of RTH and loiter etc etc and is only $30. Also being adapted for sonar. (fixed wing and multi rotor)
Personally I am staying away from manufacturers that used closed shop products now.
There is some amazing stuff coming out that is user friendly and uses a GUI (iNAV) to select flight modes.
May 22, 2017, 07:18 PM
Registered User
I just received my 3D printed hard cases from RMRC.
The G fits like a glove.
May 23, 2017, 05:20 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88
I just received my 3D printed hard cases from RMRC.
The G fits like a glove.
We all asked ET to do that several years a ago but it was like talking to a rock


.
May 23, 2017, 09:01 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
We all asked ET to do that several years a ago but it was like talking to a rock


.
Constant dripping wears away the hardest rock.
Jun 22, 2017, 01:06 PM
Registered User
One other thing the "new" guardian needs is a BRIGHTER LED!!
Thx
Jun 22, 2017, 01:26 PM
A man with too many toys
I ended up buying a HOBBY EAGLE A3 SUPER II I has all the features that I wanted and a nice case. Eagle Tree should have a look at that one and incorporate most of the features. So far I have 44 flights with no problems.

I will still be in the market for the Guardian-Advanced for my next airplane. ET should try to time product releases to better match the flying season.


.
Jun 22, 2017, 01:33 PM
Registered User
I had also tried the A3S2 and was fairly impressed with the feature set overall.....until two units went wonky in two different planes (after correct setup and many fine flights) and lost both planes. One of their major issues is the "delay" built into the auto-balance mode. It just does not react fast enough in a panic situation, unlike the ETG which is pretty instantaneous. I am sticking with the ETG for that reason.
Jun 22, 2017, 02:02 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa44
I had also tried the A3S2 and was fairly impressed with the feature set overall.....until two units went wonky in two different planes (after correct setup and many fine flights) and lost both planes. One of their major issues is the "delay" built into the auto-balance mode. It just does not react fast enough in a panic situation, unlike the ETG which is pretty instantaneous. I am sticking with the ETG for that reason.
I mainly fly sport aerobatics and never program any of the auto-balance or auto-level type modes.

Maybe that's good information for ET. If you add lots of features make sure that you have enough computer power to run everything fast enough for a high performance airplane. The Guardian Advanced should probably have a high performance 32-bit CPU with plenty of high speed memory,


.