Jan 10, 2017, 10:43 AM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintr
First, the G does not control rudder in 2D, with or without HH; second, you can set level to the pitch you like on landing. This is usually slightly nose up for trikes, and level, or slightly nose down, for tail draggers. It can really be anything you want.
I'm aware of all of this. I'm just logging a request from a development perspective.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2017, 04:34 PM
Just thumbing through...
How about keeping the current version, but dropping the price? That would better compete with Lemons, etc. The improved version could be priced at the current price, or even a little higher.
Jan 17, 2017, 09:49 AM
I don't find anything wrong with the existing case. It saves space and it does its job. The circuit board is attached to it firmly enough and it doesn't weigh much although that is a trivial bonus.
Jan 17, 2017, 11:21 AM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al M
I don't find anything wrong with the existing case. It saves space and it does its job. The circuit board is attached to it firmly enough and it doesn't weigh much although that is a trivial bonus.
I've just taken delivery of a brand new G. The PCB is lobsidded inside the plastic case by about 20 degrees and I can see that it isn't stuck down very well to the flimsy plastic case. Luckily I have a tailor made hard case for the unit but installing it "out of the box" into a model is going to create a dirt dive somewhere down the line. ET have confirmed the new G will have a hard case, which I for one welcome.
Jan 18, 2017, 05:09 AM
Damn that dog can fly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes12
I've just taken delivery of a brand new G. The PCB is lobsidded inside the plastic case by about 20 degrees and I can see that it isn't stuck down very well to the flimsy plastic case. Luckily I have a tailor made hard case for the unit but installing it "out of the box" into a model is going to create a dirt dive somewhere down the line. ET have confirmed the new G will have a hard case, which I for one welcome.
Mine have all been like that. Hard case can not come soon enough.
Jan 18, 2017, 05:25 AM
Great Southern Land
Quote:
YES! These cases are terrible
If we have one that pulls apart, I feel ET should replace it for free.
I mount my Gs on 3M dual Lock http://solutions.3m.com.au/wps/porta...asteners/Home/ so that it won't move, but removing it today the case split apart

What say you guys?
Who else thinks ET should replace any of our cases that split or fall apart?
Jan 18, 2017, 05:28 AM
Great Southern Land
Anyone know of a case for sale that the G will fit into?
Jan 18, 2017, 05:31 AM
Learning to crash
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1533657
Jan 18, 2017, 05:59 AM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkie
If you contact the guy in the screenshot he makes and sells some very nice ones.
Jan 18, 2017, 06:02 AM
Mark
Quote:
YES! These cases are terrible
If we have one that pulls apart, I feel ET should replace it for free.
I mount my Gs on 3M dual Lock http://solutions.3m.com.au/wps/porta...asteners/Home/ so that it won't move, but removing it today the case split apart

What say you guys?
Who else thinks ET should replace any of our cases that split or fall apart?
For us folks outside the US I doubt this will be viable. The postage for one will probably be more than buying a new unit. And anything I get from the US these days I get hammered by the UK post office for import duty and handling charges.
Jan 18, 2017, 06:41 AM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T
Wow! Thanks for sharing. I did a search on UK eBay for "3D Printing Service" and found a few people who can do the printing. I'll get some done and see how they fit. It's going to be a while until ET get the Advanced G on sale.
Jan 19, 2017, 05:40 PM
Great Southern Land
Thanks Tom. Thanks Mapes
Jan 19, 2017, 06:26 PM
GOTTA FLY STRIGHT UP

Eagle Tree Guardian Holder

Quote:
If you contact the guy in the screenshot he makes and sells some very nice ones.
Thats Me
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ounting-holder

I will make them also for a new hard case so they can be removed to take them to your computer if a new hard case is offered.

thanks mapes for the good word.

Bill Nash
Jan 19, 2017, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIAM M
Thats Me
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ounting-holder

I will make them also for a new hard case so they can be removed to take them to your computer if a new hard case is offered.

thanks mapes for the good word.

Bill Nash
I have been using a couple of these cases.
They work very well.
Jan 19, 2017, 06:46 PM
GOTTA FLY STRIGHT UP
Quote:
I sent them to England, I sure can send them to you.

As for me I would like to see a GPS in the ETG with a return to home that I can turn on with a switch.

Bill