Mar 26, 2017, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemsGuy
Feature wise, I'm pretty easy - serial input of all flavors.
Me too.
I bought a uVector just because I can use it in place of a Guardian with a Sat rx.

Serial input of all flavors. That would satisfy me.
For the same price of course.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2017, 08:33 PM

Guardian Advanced

I would mainly wan't it to do a few things that the guardian will not do.
First in 3D heading hold mode i would like for it to keep all axis that you are not moving locked. The guardian only does it when moving just the rudder it will keep elevator and ailerons locked but as soon as you move the elevator or ailerons all axis unlock.

Next i would want a setting to set how far the gyro itself will move the servos. Not just a servo travel limit for stick travel.

Those are the main things i would want so it would make practicing things like rolling harriers easier to do.
Apr 06, 2017, 03:34 PM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archi Bald
I would mainly wan't it to do a few things that the guardian will not do.
First in 3D heading hold mode i would like for it to keep all axis that you are not moving locked. The guardian only does it when moving just the rudder it will keep elevator and ailerons locked but as soon as you move the elevator or ailerons all axis unlock.

Next i would want a setting to set how far the gyro itself will move the servos. Not just a servo travel limit for stick travel.

Those are the main things i would want so it would make practicing things like rolling harriers easier to do.
The limits on the servo tab in the PC app allow you to limit (or expand) how far the Guardian will move the servos. That's been available all along.

Locking individual axes is not as simple as it sounds and requires a complete re-think of the algorithms. This has been discussed before. Understood though, that however it's done, it's something you would like to see. The algorithms in the ET Vector and Micro Vector use algorithms like this already and it's very likely that that an advanced Guardian would use these algorithms instead of the ones we are used to so you should get your wish.
Apr 06, 2017, 04:46 PM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo22
The limits on the servo tab in the PC app allow you to limit (or expand) how far the Guardian will move the servos. That's been available all along.
Thanks Rick. I have always gone with the G defaults and not touched these settings. In what circumstances would adjusting these settings be useful please? Happy to flip to the main forum on this one.
Apr 21, 2017, 04:08 PM
Any further developments here? I love my ETG's and want to incorporate them into my larger builds, but it definitely needs dual elevator inputs as well.... I have had to go to an HE A3S2 for the dual elv functions.
Thx
Apr 22, 2017, 08:14 AM
Closed Account
If the dual elevators are used only as elevators and not, e.g., tailerons, then there is an easy solution: a SmartFly Equalizer II (http://smart-fly.com/index.php?route...&product_id=62).

I previously posted that I have used the EQ II on some of my larger birds that have multiple elevator servos and I want to have separate control for neutral, endpoints, and balanced travel. The SmartFly EQ II allows all that for each elevator servo and is driven by the single elevator output from the Guardian. I've used this for several flying seasons with no adjustments needed after initial setup (straightforward.)

Standard disclaimer: no relationship with the vendor other than as a very satisfied customer.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa44
Any further developments here? I love my ETG's and want to incorporate them into my larger builds, but it definitely needs dual elevator inputs as well.... I have had to go to an HE A3S2 for the dual elv functions.
Thx
Apr 23, 2017, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515
If the dual elevators are used only as elevators and not, e.g., tailerons, then there is an easy solution: a SmartFly Equalizer II (http://smart-fly.com/index.php?route...&product_id=62).

I previously posted that I have used the EQ II on some of my larger birds that have multiple elevator servos and I want to have separate control for neutral, endpoints, and balanced travel. The SmartFly EQ II allows all that for each elevator servo and is driven by the single elevator output from the Guardian. I've used this for several flying seasons with no adjustments needed after initial setup (straightforward.)

Standard disclaimer: no relationship with the vendor other than as a very satisfied customer.

Michael
Hey Micheal thanks for that! Looks like an easy solution. I love my ETG, but for the moment, I have an HE A3S2 in place cuz of the dual elv. I will have to see how that feels compared to my other birds with the ETG. I have read that there are some differences, but haven't had enough flight time with the A3S2 to make a determination....
Thx
Apr 26, 2017, 09:43 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
You guys must lose a lot of sales due to the fact you don't support Mac OS.
For that reason I would like to see a programmer such as Hobby Eagle A3 Super II uses.
I sold my Eagetree because I went to a Mac system and I always found it a PITA having to link to a computer to make any adjustments. Anyway Hobby Eagle have benefitted and I use SBus exclusively now.
Last edited by Grantham Kid; Apr 29, 2017 at 05:34 PM.
Apr 27, 2017, 09:01 AM
Closed Account

WiFi Interface

I use a Spirit Pro in my helis and just recently tried the Aero for a plank.

An inexpensive WiFi link plugs into the "SYS" port and now any browser can be used to configure the device using a WiFi connection. I've used it with an iPhone Safari browser, UBUNTU Linux Chrome browser, and a MAC as well as a PC; all work great.

It also supports a bunch of serial bus options from multiple vendors; nice to avoid wire clutter between Rx and stabilization device. As I fly Jeti equipment, I can tune the parameters directly via the Tx; nice feature, but not as nice as configurable sans PC.

Michael
Apr 27, 2017, 09:15 AM
Bit off topic, but do you have a link to the wifi dongle? I've been loath to think to much about that since it's yet another xmiter I'd have to remove/disable before flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515
I use a Spirit Pro in my helis and just recently tried the Aero for a plank.

An inexpensive WiFi link plugs into the "SYS" port and now any browser can be used to configure the device using a WiFi connection. I've used it with an iPhone Safari browser, UBUNTU Linux Chrome browser, and a MAC as well as a PC; all work great.

It also supports a bunch of serial bus options from multiple vendors; nice to avoid wire clutter between Rx and stabilization device. As I fly Jeti equipment, I can tune the parameters directly via the Tx; nice feature, but not as nice as configurable sans PC.

Michael
Latest blog entry: FrSky Long Range!
Apr 27, 2017, 12:56 PM
Closed Account
Link to WiFi Module: http://store.spirit-system.com/en/ac...wifi-link.html. There also is a Bluetooth module.

It only works with their stabilizer, but it automatically shuts off, so you can leave it connected and "powered" without concerns; configurable idle period automatic shut-off.

I would really like to see this on an Advanced Guardian as if frees me from having to lug a PC around; granted, I purchased a used HP Stream 7" Windoz 10 laptop/tablet, but dongles, wires, etc., are all unnecessary with the available technology.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemsGuy
Bit off topic, but do you have a link to the wifi dongle? I've been loath to think to much about that since it's yet another xmiter I'd have to remove/disable before flight.
Apr 29, 2017, 08:42 AM
A man with too many toys

Remote or top USB Interface

One problem I have with similar units is it's hard to get to the USB port. Many instillations have no access to the front or sides of the gyro. The USB needs to be on top or maybe a remote USB on a short cable.

Apr 29, 2017, 08:45 AM
A man with too many toys

Sbus

A must for me is Sbus interface that has full mapping of 16 channels.
Apr 29, 2017, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc man
a must for me is sbus interface that has full mapping of 16 channels.

+1, Sbus would be very nice
Last edited by sdigrazia1; Apr 29, 2017 at 05:14 PM.
May 09, 2017, 07:22 AM
A man with too many toys
Any news or is this a dead project?

I have a couple of airplanes that will be needing gyros soon!

Quick Reply