optima D - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jan 11, 2018, 04:40 PM
how do you guys display rssi on an A9 radio?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2018, 06:00 PM
No RSSI support on the transmitter, this is left to external devices that can read and display it.
Jan 12, 2018, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
No RSSI support on the transmitter, this is left to external devices that can read and display it.
oh ok so it will feed an osd? any specifics on how to do it or is this another mystery customers have to figure out on thier own?
funny why cant we use the spc data port telemetry for rssi, rssi is a voltage output i thought..
no manuals of the hitec website
Jan 12, 2018, 03:30 PM
Yes it will feed to an OSD, I couldn't tell you much beyond that as I'm not a multirotor guy. RSSI voltage is a lot lower than the SPC port, which can handle up to 35 volts.
Mar 18, 2018, 04:09 AM
Helo Xpress..

I'm a a satified user of A9X and a lot of Maxima and one Optima reciver.

I have 3 questions:

1. Are you going to develop PPM/S-Bus recivers line?

I'm looking something from Hitec which can work with this product : Jeti Central Box 100 and Central Box 200.

Theoretically it should work.
2. What do you think?

3. Is your S Bus the same what EX Bus?

Best regards
Mike
Last edited by M.Ch.; Mar 18, 2018 at 05:29 AM.
Mar 19, 2018, 04:47 AM
I will tell more. Hitec should think it over and made it's own Redundancy Bus - like Jeti or FRSky Tarranis:
http://www.jetimodel.com/en/katalog/...ntral-Box-200/
https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/redundancy-bus/
Mar 19, 2018, 12:37 PM
Hi,

As has been announced, we have concluded all of our transmitter and receiver development for the foreseeable future.
Mar 19, 2018, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Hi,

As has been announced, we have concluded all of our transmitter and receiver development for the foreseeable future.
Hi,

ok. I just haven't seen this information.
Great!
I hope new recivers will be compatible with Aurora 9X. It would be great, because A9X is real great and quite new radio. I'll subscribe your blog.

Have a nice day.
Mike
Last edited by M.Ch.; Mar 19, 2018 at 05:05 PM.
May 18, 2018, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock
Today I got the Optima D Receiver.

- binding works like usual
- then I switched it to S-Bus (holding the Link Button for 5 blinks of the blue LED and switching it with the Link Button to 3 sequential blinks and then saving) and connected it to 3 different FC's, a Sparky2, a NAZE32 and an Omnibus Pro V3 !

- on none of them the S-Bus worked! (configured PORTS and UARTS correctly for each FC, I am not a Newbie!!)
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I've recently got back into flying and got this Rx to go with my new Bardwell AiO FC. I'm having the exact same issue you had. Did you manage to solve it or did you have to send it back?
Jun 03, 2018, 11:11 AM

Latency?

Does this Optima D has the low latency as "Non telemetry Maxima RX, the Frame rate is even lower at 7ms"?

Mike
Jun 04, 2018, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Mike
Does this Optima D has the low latency as "Non telemetry Maxima RX, the Frame rate is even lower at 7ms"?

Mike
Latency on all Optima receivers is standard 22ms.
Jun 05, 2018, 05:59 AM
Is there any measurable difference in latency when using the optima D in sBus mode?

The receiver is doing the sBus conversion, which must add some processing time. I've been using mine in PPM mode on most of my models that require 8 or less channels. It has to be in sBus mode to get all 9 channels.
Jun 05, 2018, 10:44 AM
None that we have noted, you are welcome to test it yourself and post your results
Jun 17, 2018, 07:35 AM
Quote:
None that we have noted, you are welcome to test it yourself and post your results
You mentioned no new development on new tx or rxs as current. So will you be continuing to producing the current model 2.4 receivers and transmitters? Or just selling down what's out there now?
Jun 18, 2018, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermal Hobby
You mentioned no new development on new tx or rxs as current. So will you be continuing to producing the current model 2.4 receivers and transmitters? Or just selling down what's out there now?
I would like to know that too. I'm satisfied user of A9X and a lot of Maxima and some Optima recivers. I hope the new stuff will be compatible with A9X.

Quick Reply