optima D - Page 2 - RC Groups
Oct 08, 2017, 02:44 PM
Uhm i can't bind to Aurora 9. Module just keeps flashing blue and the RX flashes 3 times after releasing the link button.
If I power up the RX it flashes in a heart beat.
I never had any issues binding my 9 to Hitec and frsky rxs.
Any advice appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2017, 03:08 PM
all I did was put tx in bind mode and then power up rx pushing the link button.. No issues here. Mine cam default in SBUS mode and was able to instantly get readings in betaflight.

Finally I can use my Aurora 9 for my quads with sbus, but still would like more info on RSSI out.
Oct 09, 2017, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by del3d
Module just keeps flashing blue
Module needs to be flashing RED, push and hold link button for 2 seconds to change to flashing red. Blue is Minima mode, Red is Optima mode.
Oct 10, 2017, 10:38 PM
Apparently, it's been a while since I linked to an Optima RX. Red did the trick. Thanks a million!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
Module needs to be flashing RED, push and hold link button for 2 seconds to change to flashing red. Blue is Minima mode, Red is Optima mode.
Oct 11, 2017, 11:47 AM
The truth will prevail

Range

Today I bought one of these Optima D RXs. (I had to....)

Usually I use a ppm micro RX with my quad race multicopters but now I got one with the Holybro KakuteF4 FC which can only work with a S-BUS RX. So I had to buy one of these relatively expensive RX's.

Read the manual which is clear and precise, but one important information is missing.

What the hell is the range of this Optima D RX?

If it would be 1.5 km as with the other Optima RX's then this Optima D would be an excellent choice for long range FPV flights.
Oct 11, 2017, 12:04 PM
When I spoke with hitec customer support two days ago they did state that is a full range receiver. Don't know how much you spent on yours but 40 bucks for this size receiver that supports PPM, sbus, and is full range I think is a great deal!
Oct 11, 2017, 12:25 PM
Yes it's full range, so well beyond VLOS.
Oct 12, 2017, 07:38 AM
The truth will prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin336
When I spoke with hitec customer support two days ago they did state that is a full range receiver. Don't know how much you spent on yours but 40 bucks for this size receiver that supports PPM, sbus, and is full range I think is a great deal!
Thank you!

That is great news. Think, I will test the range of this RX before doing a long range FPV flight with my copter.

Well up to know I have used the Hitec Minima compatible RX's from HK for my racing quads: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/2-4ghz-a...___store=en_us for $13.

and for my 1000mm hexacopter (TAROT T960) the Optima compatible full range FrSky Delta 8 RX. for $23.65.

With my actual 2000mAh battery I have 12 minutes flight time which will result with an average speed of 25km/h (corresponding to the flight time, I can go as fast as 120 km/hr but then have of course much less flight time ) in a range of 2.5 km for my race quad... Not too bad....
Last edited by skyrock; Oct 12, 2017 at 07:52 AM.
Oct 13, 2017, 12:39 PM
The truth will prevail

Is it a fake ?

Today I got the Optima D Receiver.

- binding works like usual
- then I switched it to S-Bus (holding the Link Button for 5 blinks of the blue LED and switching it with the Link Button to 3 sequential blinks and then saving) and connected it to 3 different FC's, a Sparky2, a NAZE32 and an Omnibus Pro V3 !

- on none of them the S-Bus worked! (configured PORTS and UARTS correctly for each FC, I am not a Newbie!!)

- switched the RX back to ppm and.....
- on all FC's ppm mode works

But I am waiting for the Holybro KAKUTE FC which only can operate with a S-BUS RX and this is why I bought the Optima D RX.

So I am finnally asking the question is the S-BUS on this RX a fake?
Last edited by skyrock; Oct 14, 2017 at 03:30 AM.
Oct 13, 2017, 12:59 PM
I have mine running to a DYS F4 Pro FC in S-BUS mode and it works fine.
Oct 14, 2017, 03:32 AM
The truth will prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin336
I have mine running to a DYS F4 Pro FC in S-BUS mode and it works fine.
Ok, maybe I got a dud, will send it back and hope to get one which works...,..
Oct 16, 2017, 01:24 PM
A dud is not an impossibility, but the SBus is real SBus protocol.
Oct 16, 2017, 04:47 PM
Are you sure you have it plugged or soldered to the right pin on your FC? Have you brought up the configuration software and made sure your RD settings were set to SBUS?