Jun 15, 2017, 04:57 AM
hobby hacker
Was there ever an flysky version made?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 21, 2017, 06:36 AM
finally my Orange FrSky dongle was connected to MacOS 10.12.6 but actually i'm not sure what exactly was done

looks like i've had some drivers installed before, because on firs connection dongle was recognized as FrSky USB HID, but DRL saw nothing, just device, but no stick movement etc.

after installing USB Overdrive - it start to see some stick movement but like left and right stick movement it detects like right stick in game...

next step i've remap channels from my 9xr pro to
01 AIL
02 ELE
03 THR
04 RUD
05 P1
06 P2
07 3POS
08 P3

then disable usb overdrive, and try to configure controls in DRL once more - this time all configured w/o any problems, so i can fly DRL

hope this helps.
Aug 17, 2017, 01:40 AM
my problem is on my orange rx t-six it will bind but only the z axis moves nothing else works any known fixes or am i the first to get this
Aug 18, 2017, 08:00 PM
A Day @ a Time - Matt. 6:25-34
Will this work with Clearview?

Ta...
Aug 26, 2017, 06:27 AM
A Day @ a Time - Matt. 6:25-34
Downloaded Clearview SE, after a few tweaks in the controller setup it works great.
Sep 02, 2017, 04:03 AM
I have 2 of the frsky versions, both have the same problem. I'm using the taranis q x7. I'm wondering if the transmitter / firmware is the issue.
It reminds me of trying to bind an EU transmitter to a non-eu receiver.
So far i've tried the 4 firmwares you get from the taranis site and different options via opentx companion.
I've opened a ticket with hobbyking, explaining the problem. They've just send me a new one....i'm not confident that'll be the solution.
I'll post an update when i receive the new one.
Sep 12, 2017, 03:57 PM
Received a replacement, so that's number 3 of this frsky dongle that doesn't work. I'm beginning to think there is a compatibility issue with the Taranis Q X7. I flashed it to have D8 protocol and the ability to use a multimodule. The frsky protocol of the multimodule has the same problem with the dongle.
Sep 16, 2017, 04:29 PM
I am having the same problem with intermittent connection loss. My connection won't stay on for more than 30s to 2mins at most.

My operating system is Windows 10.

I've tried disabling USB power management as per the link in this thread. No luck.
I've tried it on D8 with 6 channels and D8 with 5 channels. No luck on either.
I've tried it close (12" away) and I've tried it medium distance (3'-5' away) and I've tried it far (8'-10' away). No luck at any distance.

I so want to like this product. It is a very cheap option, but the price is irrelevant if it doesn't work.
Sep 22, 2017, 01:47 PM
I have the same problem about blips, connect / disconnect. The problem is the same with Taranis 9XD Plus, 9XD Plus SE or FrSky Modules, as DJT or XJT.

The setup for the best stable connection I got was DJT + Original Antena 2dbi. I´ve tried 2dbi and 5dbi antenna with XjT module and it got the worse, intensive blips.

With DSM2 dongle i have a solid and stable link with DX6i and DX7 using the same mac and the same pc.

Frsky dongle have some problem with sinal strength i think.

SYA
Oct 01, 2017, 11:47 PM
I'm using my Orange FrSky dongle with a Taranis QX7 on Mac OS 10.12.4
After many hours of trying to connect everything up without success I read a post on this thread recommending trying USB Overdrive and now I finally have some response on the stick movements within the sim!

I still have work to do...

I have yet to work out the correct configuration within the transmitter as the quad takes off from the landing pad and flies out of control as soon as I open the free map but I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere at last..
I think?! I hope��
I will post a further update asap
Oct 21, 2017, 12:21 AM
I have a turnigy 9xr Pro and can see the solid green light on ththe dongle but no stick movements. Gosh this hobby is never easy. I have windows and don't see any stick movements in the setup.
Oct 23, 2017, 03:54 PM
Did you ever figure out the issue? I'm also having the same issue causing the quadcopter roll and crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukefpv
This worked for me. I can't believe I didn't think of it! Too focused on the dongle and the taranis to troubleshoot windows. Thanks Zoide!

Edit: After playing quite a bit longer, the problem still seems to exist. I can't figure out the problem, if anyone has any other insight into fixing the random 1-3 second disconnects it would be greatly appreciated.
Aug 24, 2018, 01:01 PM
Aom
Aom
I have the DFT module in my Hitec optic 6, (converted old transmitter)

I plugged the usb dongle in, bound it, but in the gamecontroller settings in win10 i see much sporadic movement of the axis' and the dongle is flashing uncontrollably every second or so. Meaning i cant control aircraft in my sim. HELP.
Sep 10, 2018, 10:07 PM
BigRon
I use the orange dongle with Multiplex free Multiflight simulator. Had to change channels from the default ones. I like to be able to use my transmitter and be able to play with the settings without danger to any hardware.

I doesn’t work with RealFlight 7.5 or FS1.

Quick Reply