Mar 16, 2017, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky111
Using the shareware USB Overdrive with MAC OS X 10.12.3 and changing my FrSky X9D Plus D8 CH1-8 to D8 CH1-4 appears to have almost done the trick...still a bit of jitter screwing with the signal. I have attached a screen grab of the usb overdrive settings that have got me this far.
Thanks for digging into this! I'll give it a try too!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2017, 11:05 AM
to live and let fly!!
anyone try this out with Phoenix sim?
Mar 17, 2017, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Using the shareware USB Overdrive with MAC OS X 10.12.3 and changing my FrSky X9D Plus D8 CH1-8 to D8 CH1-4 appears to have almost done the trick...still a bit of jitter screwing with the signal. I have attached a screen grab of the usb overdrive settings that have got me this far.
Works and yes a bit of jitter!
Mar 18, 2017, 06:50 AM
HobbyKing Response... so my gut tells me the dongle wasn't really tested to properly work with OS X... silly us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mar 18, 2017, 06:51 AM
Quote:
HobbyKing Response... so my gut tells me the dongle wasn't really tested to properly work with OS X... silly us

James, Mar 18, 02:29 HKT:
Hi Brent,

The only instructions I can provide are available from the dongle's webpage below under the purple "File" tab. I've also attached a copy of the instructions to this message.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/frsky-pr...imulatior.html

Have you tried increasing the distance between the TX and dongle during the binding procedure?

I am not familiar with MACs. Are you able to calibrate the dongle in OSX like described in the instructions for Windows?

Have you tried the dongle and the Taranis with any other sims?

Mar 22, 2017, 10:16 AM
Got one of these dongles and it was fine for the first couple of weeks, now it has horrible input lag. Changing USB ports hasn't helped. Anyone had a similar issue?
Mar 22, 2017, 04:15 PM
i've two of them and have come to the conclusion anything Orange RX for Hobby grade interface is untested garbage... plenty of Hobby King responses that support this claim. same issues with their DSM2/DSMX Taranis compatible modules... two of those as well

Apr 01, 2017, 09:28 AM
Made the mistake of buying this before scanning RCG. Does NOT work with mac
Apr 04, 2017, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawleaboy
Made the mistake of buying this before scanning RCG. Does NOT work with mac
Have you or anyone tried USB overdrive solution on a MAC with great success?
Apr 04, 2017, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywiz
Works and yes a bit of jitter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMindBug
Have you or anyone tried USB overdrive solution on a MAC with great success?

It works
Apr 19, 2017, 05:09 PM
Works like what? I found it can map channels to key presses, but what's the use of it if we need a continuous 1000-2000 signal?
Apr 22, 2017, 03:13 PM
Deleted
Last edited by Shiny_Side_Up; Apr 22, 2017 at 09:31 PM.
Apr 23, 2017, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehertz
Works like what? I found it can map channels to key presses, but what's the use of it if we need a continuous 1000-2000 signal?
Idk what to tell you. I followed shocky111's instruction and it works for me.
May 03, 2017, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywiz
Idk what to tell you. I followed shocky111's instruction and it works for me.
I have it running fine on a Turnigy 9XR with a FrSKY XJT Module but it WON'T work on my new Taranis QX7? Same Windows 8/computer

for both radios. Tried pairing further away, tried setting channels to 4, 6, 8. No luck!

It might have to do with the firmware in the radio. Windows 8 is recognizing it but it doesn't seem to hold pairing. The light goes solid then

goes out?
May 23, 2017, 04:35 AM
HobbyKing Daily - Simulator Adaptor (3 min 24 sec)

i used this dongle with my orange receiver and transmitter it works good with phoenix simulator so i think it also work with other radio rx/tx systems on the market..

and for sale from hobbyking.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/wireless...r-adapter.html
Last edited by Spit74; May 23, 2017 at 04:41 AM.

Quick Reply