Originally Posted by jj604
Just checked.
It is the second switch in.
Marked "ELEV"
Great info. Will do it tonight.

NEXT question! I seem to have:

Gear switch 0 = no stab/gyro/normal rx
Gear switch 1 = Autolevel
I have only two positions of the Gear switch on my DX7S. So, how do I access the “gyro” (or stab) mode?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2020, 02:31 AM
ancora imparo
Thread OP
If you read the Essential Instructions it tells you how to swap from Off/Autolevel to Off/Gyro when you only have 2 position switch. It is a stabiliser configuration setting. There are a couple of options. See Annex D on page 18 and Mode Order and Autolevel Setting starting on page 13.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulluptoga
Great info. Will do it tonight.

NEXT question! I seem to have:

Gear switch 0 = no stab/gyro/normal rx
Gear switch 1 = Autolevel
I have only two positions of the Gear switch on my DX7S. So, how do I access the ďgyroĒ (or stab) mode?
Feb 17, 2020, 06:46 AM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction John. Iíll study that up tonight and give it a go tomorrow.
Feb 17, 2020, 09:32 AM
65 years of RC flying
Regarding the Gear switch only being two-position, you can use Switch Select to assign the Flap switch to the Gear channel.

Just go to Switch Select and set all switches to INH. Then set Flap: Gear. Check for correct operation on the Monitor screen.

(I’m doing this on a DX8G1, but pretty sure it will work the same way on a DX7s.)
Feb 17, 2020, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Just checked.
It is the second switch in.
Marked "ELEV"
Just tried it this morning. That IS the answer.
Feb 17, 2020, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66
Regarding the Gear switch only being two-position, you can use Switch Select to assign the Flap switch to the Gear channel.

Just go to Switch Select and set all switches to INH. Then set Flap: Gear. Check for correct operation on the Monitor screen.

(Iím doing this on a DX8G1, but pretty sure it will work the same way on a DX7s.)
Ok. Will give that a shot.
Feb 21, 2020, 05:47 PM
Quote:
I should have read back a page or so!

Anyway, I don’t have experience with the Aurora, but I still have two 9303s and several of them are still in use in our club (plus some 9503s and the 12 channel JR). They are all very rugged.
OK,going to try this again... i just installed the "PLUS" in the plane and read a whole bunch and Y/B vids and went on the "Lemon" website and is says "DO NOT" use this unit with a 3rd party radio ( i have a JR xs 9303) with a DM9 ( Module!!) so why do they advertise this in the DSM2 section?? yes,my module says"DSM2 but also has on it "DM9. so where do i go from here?? thanks guys,mike.
Last edited by Nitro Burner; Feb 21, 2020 at 08:16 PM.
Feb 21, 2020, 11:33 PM
65 years of RC flying

The NEW official Lemon Stabilizer Plus thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Burner
OK,going to try this again... i just installed the "PLUS" in the plane and read a whole bunch and Y/B vids and went on the "Lemon" website and is says "DO NOT" use this unit with a 3rd party radio ( i have a JR xs 9303) with a DM9 ( Module!!) so why do they advertise this in the DSM2 section?? yes,my module says"DSM2 but also has on it "DM9. so where do i go from here?? thanks guys,mike.

The 13-year old DM9 module has compatibility issues with certain more recent receivers, including the E-Flite SAFE receiver used in the Apprentice S. When I tested the module, it was fine with the regular Lemon Stabilizer, but not with the StabilizerPLUS. Thatís why we included the warning footnote on page 3 of the Essential Instructions. The problem is in the module and not the use of DSM2, as I also tested the StabPLUS with a JR X9303, which has an integrated DSM2 RF unit, and it was OK.
My suggestion for the JR XP9303, which requires an external module, would be to use a Multiprotocol module such as the iRangeX4+. I canít test this specific combination, however, because Iím waiting to receive a suitable module and shipments are delayed by the COVID-19 situation.
Last edited by Daedalus66; Feb 21, 2020 at 11:38 PM.
Feb 22, 2020, 12:25 AM
Quote:
The 13-year old DM9 module has compatibility issues with certain more recent receivers, including the E-Flite SAFE receiver used in the Apprentice S. When I tested the module, it was fine with the regular Lemon Stabilizer, but not with the StabilizerPLUS. Thatís why we included the warning footnote on page 3 of the Essential Instructions. The problem is in the module and not the use of DSM2, as I also tested the StabPLUS with a JR X9303, which has an integrated DSM2 RF unit, and it was OK.
My suggestion for the JR XP9303, which requires an external module, would be to use a Multiprotocol module such as the iRangeX4+. I canít test this specific combination, however, because Iím waiting to receive a suitable module and shipments are delayed by the COVID-19 situation.
hi, thank you so much for the detailed explanation. i tried for 2 hours to get it to work but no luck and that is OK because it was not an expensive recv. so now i will just use my Aurora 9X with a 7CH recv and have to decide which stabilizer to use with it. i was pretty excitied to try the lemons because i heard good things about them.
this is why i have always loved my hobbies because there is always people out there willing to go the extra mile!,mike.
Feb 22, 2020, 11:16 AM
65 years of RC flying
Quote:
hi, thank you so much for the detailed explanation. i tried for 2 hours to get it to work but no luck and that is OK because it was not an expensive recv. so now i will just use my Aurora 9X with a 7CH recv and have to decide which stabilizer to use with it. i was pretty excitied to try the lemons because i heard good things about them.
this is why i have always loved my hobbies because there is always people out there willing to go the extra mile!,mike.
I believe the Lemon StabPLUS will work OK with the DM9 in an XP9303 as long as you avoid using AutoLevel mode. There are a couple of ways to do this.
1. You can simply turn off stabilization by setting switches 4, 5 and 6 to OFF. You will then have a high performance but non-stabilized seven channel receiver.
2. You can deactivate AL and use the StabPLUS as the equivalent of a regular Lemon Stab with Gyro mode only.
Let me know if the latter interests you and I’ll check out the best way to do it with a 9303.
Feb 22, 2020, 09:38 PM
hi,thanks again for the reply. i am still new at flying and the plane it is going in is pretty big and don't feel like wrecking it. the Recv'r was bought to be used as a gyro with A/L. if maybe you can figure out how to set it up with Gyro Only, i will just keep it on the shelf and use it later on when flying skills get better. thanks,mike.
Feb 23, 2020, 06:30 PM
65 years of RC flying
Quote:
hi,thanks again for the reply. i am still new at flying and the plane it is going in is pretty big and don't feel like wrecking it. the Recv'r was bought to be used as a gyro with A/L. if maybe you can figure out how to set it up with Gyro Only, i will just keep it on the shelf and use it later on when flying skills get better. thanks,mike.
Make sure you have the Essential Instructions:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...uctions-thread

I’ll provide instructions on how to set up Gyro and OFF only on the 9303 later tonight.
Last edited by Daedalus66; Feb 23, 2020 at 07:42 PM.
Feb 23, 2020, 07:52 PM
65 years of RC flying
Quote:
Make sure you have the Essential Instructions:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...uctions-thread

Iíll provide instructions on how to set up Gyro and OFF only on the 9303 later tonight.
First, set up your 9303 so that the Gear switch is activated. This is done in DeviceSEL.

Then go to pages 13 and 14 of the Essential Instructions and follow the steps there to change Mode Order on the StabPLUS to OFF/AL/Gyro instead of the default OFF/Gyro/AL.

This will mean that the two position Gear switch on the 9303 will choose between OFF and Gyro, ignoring AL.

I havenít been able yet to test the StabPLUS with the DM9 in this configuration but will do so ASAP.
Feb 23, 2020, 10:26 PM
Quote:
First, set up your 9303 so that the Gear switch is activated. This is done in DeviceSEL.

Then go to pages 13 and 14 of the Essential Instructions and follow the steps there to change Mode Order on the StabPLUS to OFF/AL/Gyro instead of the default OFF/Gyro/AL.

This will mean that the two position Gear switch on the 9303 will choose between OFF and Gyro, ignoring AL.

I havenít been able yet to test the StabPLUS with the DM9 in this configuration but will do so ASAP.
hi, yes i have the essential guide downloaded and will give a shot and keep you posted. thanks very much,mike.
Feb 27, 2020, 06:44 AM
ancora imparo
Thread OP

New Quick Start Guide

We (Daedalus66 and jj604) picked up from the questions on this thread that there was a need for a "QuickStart" for the Lemon Stab Plus by people just using current G2 Spektrum transmitters and "conventional" T tail, V Tail, and Elevon models.

I have attached a version of this that has been posted on the Lemon Instructions thread.

We would be grateful for any corrections or comments on possible improvements.

Thanks.
John
Last edited by jj604; Feb 27, 2020 at 08:11 AM.

Quick Reply