Aug 13, 2019, 04:44 PM
I have an EZ balancer so will compare my scale to it
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2019, 09:10 AM
I ordered one in order to have something smaller than my xcalibur, I have a jetmunt 70xbl which has not reallly enough power for my f9f cougar toprc ( 10.5Kg) to take off from our grass runway. I will put this engine in the viper.  According to your experience is it enough powerful for the viper? I try also to find the diameter of the wheels but can not find the info.

Thank you for your support
Aug 18, 2019, 09:24 AM
Quest for Speed!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguet28
I ordered one in order to have something smaller than my xcalibur, I have a jetmunt 70xbl which has not reallly enough power for my f9f cougar toprc ( 10.5Kg) to take off from our grass runway. I will put this engine in the viper.  According to your experience is it enough powerful for the viper? I try also to find the diameter of the wheels but can not find the info.

Thank you for your support
I fly with a k60g2. Takes off from paved runway in 250 ft

Mike rc
Aug 18, 2019, 09:26 AM
Thank you Mike but pavement is really easy compared to grass...
Aug 18, 2019, 12:12 PM
It flys good with a Kingtek 70. The wheels are 65mm
Aug 18, 2019, 12:21 PM
215.0 MPH
I swapped out the K60 for a K70, took off 150 feet sooner off grass.
Aug 18, 2019, 01:38 PM
Yes us guys have much experience with these jets as edf’f? I fly mostly turbine stuff, but thought an edf super viper would be good for our grass field, and wouldn’t have to haul my trailer .
Aug 18, 2019, 02:00 PM
Thank you for your support, nice to know that my engine will fit this plane better than the cougar
Aug 26, 2019, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_eee
I used the EZ Balancer and it was easy as u can adjust with hands free and plane won’t slide off. Balanced on the factory dots.

Mike
Just to follow up, I went back and forth between my EZ Balancer and scales to make sure I had the correct numbers in the scales. Once I was happy that the two were repeating, I then went straight to the scales so I could work on battery placement and weight. Got it balanced (full UAT, empty tank, and canopy on).
Aug 27, 2019, 04:27 PM
Quest for Speed!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
Just to follow up, I went back and forth between my EZ Balancer and scales to make sure I had the correct numbers in the scales. Once I was happy that the two were repeating, I then went straight to the scales so I could work on battery placement and weight. Got it balanced (full UAT, empty tank, and canopy on).
Sounds good. Which engine do you have ? She is an easy predictable bird. Heavy but ok

Mike rc
Aug 27, 2019, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_eee
Sounds good. Which engine do you have ? She is an easy predictable bird. Heavy but ok

Mike rc
Kingtech K60 turbine for power

Mine came out at 15.75 pounds, UAT full and batteries. Mine was on nose heavy side but with light lipos, have it reasonably close (on the leading edge of dots)
Sep 03, 2019, 02:53 AM
I received mine and put a 70xbl Jetmunt in. I did the maiden last weekend. I Took off from grass field (200meters). The take off was very very difficult after 180 meters....with no flaps. I wonder if it is too nose heavy or the front whell is too small (40mm) for grass. I balance it at the red point on the main gear with full UAT but no fuel i the tank. I had to add 60 gr of lead on the back (two 2 s 2200 and one 2 s 2700 total around 450 gr of batteries in front)

It seems to me that there are not enough air for the turbine, the holes in the fuselage are too small

The goo point is that I made 5 min and still have half tank

Thank you in advance for your experience
Sep 03, 2019, 06:14 AM
215.0 MPH
Use 1/2 flaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sep 03, 2019, 12:34 PM
I m thinking of changing the front let in order to put a 60mm wheel....
Could we balance it at 180mm or 190mm in order to optimize the take off?

Quick Reply