Jan 10, 2017, 04:14 PM
Tail Spin Tim

Turbine Navy Super Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly baby
Thanks, I have the same FW F16 that I fly off the same field. It is a little rough but I do it. If you have any problems with the nose wheel not extending all the way and collapses on landing let me know I have a very simple fix for it.
The super viper is such a great flying plane, if you like the F16 you will fall in love with the viper.
Sweet Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2017, 07:41 PM
Quote:
I hardly ever go to any club events, when I do I'll just take an EDF.
THAT is when you are going back to EDF😏
Jan 10, 2017, 09:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_matt_II
THAT is when you are going back to EDF😏
You can't beat a good hay field.
Jan 11, 2017, 02:14 PM
FunkMaster
Fly baby, do you remember how long after you ordered until yours shipped? I ordered one that was confirmed in stock (in the U.S) 3 days ago and it hasn't shipped yet. Not sure if I should be concerned or not.
Jan 11, 2017, 02:31 PM
2019 EDF Jet Jam June 13-16
Kent The last I heard they were still in customs. There are two of us at GCRCC getting them, we both pre-ordered and have not got shipping info yet so I would not be concerned.

BTW we missed you at the jam last year, did you know I put on a turbine event in the fall too?
If needed I can help you get your turbine waiver too.
Jan 11, 2017, 03:29 PM
FunkMaster
Thanks for the info. Makes me feel better. I really wanted to make the EDF jet jam last year. I hate when business gets in the way of fun! I didn't realize you did a turbine event also. You'll probably be stuck with me for both events this year then :-)

I was actually going to contact you about the turbine waiver. You and Jeff Holsinger are the two people I know with waivers and you're a CD so....hey buddy! Come spring, I'll probably be contacting you to try and set something up if that's ok.

Thanks again,
Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
Kent The last I heard they were still in customs. There are two of us at GCRCC getting them, we both pre-ordered and have not got shipping info yet so I would not be concerned.

BTW we missed you at the jam last year, did you know I put on a turbine event in the fall too?
If needed I can help you get your turbine waiver too.
Jan 11, 2017, 05:04 PM
2019 EDF Jet Jam June 13-16
You bet!
Jan 11, 2017, 06:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentF
Fly baby, do you remember how long after you ordered until yours shipped? I ordered one that was confirmed in stock (in the U.S) 3 days ago and it hasn't shipped yet. Not sure if I should be concerned or not.
Good guy to deal with, don't worry. I hate to wait for a new plane to come in.
Jan 13, 2017, 02:10 PM
Quote:
The reason I said the maiden was 2 parts was I set my timer for 5 minutes, after landing before I shut the motor down I looked at the fuel level. Had most of the main tank still full. Decided to do some take offs and landings. Total time from start to finish was right at 9 minutes. Have my timer set to count when above 1/4 throttle. Flew between half and full throttle. Brakes work real good, Flying on 7 channels.
I did get a chance to do 1 more flight the other day, no one to run the camera. I set my timer for 7 minutes and still had maybe 1/4 left in the main tank. I don't fly full throttle all the time because this plane is fast and gets from one end of our field to the other end pretty quick.

what about the jet central bee 80, in the specs its practical the same sizes of the k60, of course much expensive and 2kg more of thrust, does this yet can handle this turbine?
Jan 13, 2017, 03:23 PM
Danger! Danger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oukenfold
what about the jet central bee 80, in the specs its practical the same sizes of the k60, of course much expensive and 2kg more of thrust, does this yet can handle this turbine?
I don't think an 80 is necessary for the SV. I have a 60 in mine; I fly mostly around at half throttle, but she'll do 180 mph flat out, flies for over 10 minutes before the timer to land, takes off in about 200 feet on asphalt. Basically she flies perfectly on a 60 and an 80 woould be a waste... but the 80 would be more flexible for future airframes and you could tune it down for the SV if you wanted.

I actually think the SV would fly just as well with a 45 with a reduced cost, reduced weight and reduced fuel usage. You won't quite have the same vertical, but I like doing low altitude aerobatics with this airframe.

Another good option would be the soon to be released JetsMunt M70, which is the size of the K-45, but puts out 70N, or the upcoming K-80 (85), which will be the size of the K-60.
Jan 13, 2017, 05:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I second what Frank W said. The 60 is plenty, would be alighter setup with a K45.
Jan 14, 2017, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW
I don't think an 80 is necessary for the SV. I have a 60 in mine; I fly mostly around at half throttle, but she'll do 180 mph flat out, flies for over 10 minutes before the timer to land, takes off in about 200 feet on asphalt. Basically she flies perfectly on a 60 and an 80 woould be a waste... but the 80 would be more flexible for future airframes and you could tune it down for the SV if you wanted.

I actually think the SV would fly just as well with a 45 with a reduced cost, reduced weight and reduced fuel usage. You won't quite have the same vertical, but I like doing low altitude aerobatics with this airframe.

Another good option would be the soon to be released JetsMunt M70, which is the size of the K-45, but puts out 70N, or the upcoming K-80 (85), which will be the size of the K-60.

woooww did not know about those turbines, maybe i will wait fot the JetsMunt M70, but i dont see if this turbine came with ecu, gsu and all the stuff ready tu run, and i dont see anyware about the new k80 because on kingtech page i only see the k80g2 but its bigger than the k60. can you throw me some info on this turbine the next new k80. thanks
Jan 14, 2017, 06:48 AM
Quote:
I have a 3s 4000 in the nose for the receiver, and a 2s 2200 for the turbine. Iv'e ordered a 3s 2200 life for the turbine, so will redo the balance then.
I see you have a Ferrari version next to it, is that also a V3?
Is there any difference between the 2? Or do both come with the smoke pump and tank now?
Jan 14, 2017, 04:39 PM
Back Roads Outlaws
Quote:
woooww did not know about those turbines, maybe i will wait fot the JetsMunt M70, but i dont see if this turbine came with ecu, gsu and all the stuff ready tu run, and i dont see anyware about the new k80 because on kingtech page i only see the k80g2 but its bigger than the k60. can you throw me some info on this turbine the next new k80. thanks
You can contact Dirk at 626-808-6122 or Email: [email protected]
He can answer all your questions about Kingtech engines.
There is also info at https://www.pacificrcjet.com/collect...gtech-turbines
Jan 14, 2017, 08:54 PM
KingtechUSA
Quote:
The new k80 is still in testing. Kingtech is trying to release the k300 and k250 next then might work on smaller k80.p

Quick Reply